Start by marking “Kill Me Now!: A Middle Aged Man's Maneuvers Through the Frontline of the Dating Battlefield” as Want to Read:

This edition is no longer in print. REPUBLISHED EDITION is available.

Kill Me Now is about Lawrence, a man in his late 40s dodging bullets deep in the dating battlefield while searching for THE ONE.

In Kill Me Now Lawrence tries to decode the signals of his enigmatic opponent, often resulting in his hasty retreat. Why is she resting her head on her hand? Is she bored? Or is

Published October 17th 2011 by iUniverse.com (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me Now!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Me Now!

Lindsay Kendal
Oct 22, 2011 Lindsay Kendal rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
3.5 Stars.

I’m torn between 3 and 4 stars on this one, so I’ve gone in-between .

Firstly, thank you to Lawrence Fisher for submitting this book to us.

The book has it’s funny moments, in fact it has a lot of them, and cringe worthy moments. (not in a bad way, more because you feel embarrassed for the narrator of the story.) Sometimes I just thought “Aww bless ya,” other times I sat there with a constant grin on my face.

Kill Me Know follows Lawrence, who after being chucked by someone he loved, had
Lisa
Nov 08, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Just got this book and thought it was hysterical. It gave me a look into what people go through in the dating world these days and gave me a better understanding into this, while at the same time, made me smile with its humor.

As I was reading the book, I was cheering for the author and hoping that he would find his "one", but I won't ruin the end of the book for anyone, so I won't write if he does or doesn't.
Ana
Dec 19, 2011 Ana rated it really liked it
It is more 3.5 stars, but will round it and just rate it 4 stars.

"My name is Lawrence, I'm in my late forties and I am single! It sounds like an introduction line from an AA meeting, but it's true!
How did I manage to stay single until such a late age without getting married, you ask? Well, some friends tell me I'm the luckiest dude living on this planet, but some say I am missing something. "

Ok, what is this book about? It's about Lawrence, a man in his late 40s and his quest for the one. Afte
Ashley Fontainne
Nov 08, 2011 Ashley Fontainne rated it really liked it
Welcome to the crazed, tongue-in-cheek world of one lonely man, his mind constantly set ablaze by the utter confusion that his battlefield adversary, the enigma known as “woman”, constantly launches at him as he schlepps through the dangerously deceiving landscape commonly known as “dating.”

Parts of this book had me rolling with laughter at some of the more outrageous, precarious predicaments he finds himself in as he attempts every single known dating strategy, including having friends set him
Jodi Ambrose
Jul 06, 2012 Jodi Ambrose rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is full of stories that so many of us can relate to. I found myself laughing, shrieking, running away in horror. It was GREAT! And the illustrations are a laugh riot. This incredibly entertaining book is written in a very real-life way; as such, it pulls you right into every story. I felt bad when the women were mean. I laughed when the situations were just insane. I was happy when the story seemed to be going well and full of love.

Ultimately, the book gives the single man hope, which
Anniewp
I really enjoyed the read. The book was witty and fun.
Brought me back to an earlier time when I was drowning in the dating pool.
It was worth reading. Enjoy and have a good laugh too! I think it's great to read either if you're lost in the horrors of the dating world or if you have finally found "the one"! You'll either be able to relate to the author's experiences or you'll be counting your lucky stars that you are no longer dealing with dating!
Natasha
May 31, 2013 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious! Check my blog for a review: www.betweenthebinding.com
Doug
Nov 22, 2011 Doug rated it it was amazing
This is definitely the most hilarious book I have read in the last few years.
I just loved it, could not stop reading it.

I hope the author publish a sequel to this one sometime.
Enjoy it!
Doug
Liss Lovejoy
May 17, 2013 Liss Lovejoy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know quite a bit of you have ventured out into the dating world a time or two. It’s a scary, scary world. In my mid twenties I was married and blah blah and then got thrown back to the wolves. I had been out of the dating world for a while and things had changed. ALLOT!! I had plenty of my own stories so I could easily relate to a lot of his. Thankfully I did happen to finally find “the One” and got out of the cesspool called dating.

Mr. Fisher gives the highlights err rather lowlights of his d
Jun 08, 2013 Sarah rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-like
I feel bad posting a one star review, but I paid for the book with my own money and I feel it's only fair to be honest in the reviews we post.

It is my belief that Kill Me Now needs a thorough edit.

There were some funny moments, but the overuse of exclamation marks and clichés drove me crazy. However, I bought the book based on the funny storyline and all the incredible reviews I read.

As I pressed forward and ignored the above issues, the lack of editing become glaringly obvious.

Quotes from t
Books
Feb 26, 2012 Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Lawrence Fisher progressed to the ripe age of 40-plus without being dragged to the altar. As it goes in life, the older he got, the less he moved in the dating circles. But then three life-altering events took place in quick succession, which sent him back into the dating arena.

Lawrence shares with the reader 47 of his dating experiences during an eight-month period. All real-life experiences, related with a spark of humour. Read all about the good, the bad and the ugly, with all their tricks an
Marsha Ward
Jan 19, 2013 Marsha Ward rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this in a digital edition (don't see it listed). Witty, cheeky recounting of the dating wars through the eyes of a middle-aged bachelor seeking the ONE true love of his life. I hope he'll find her soon, because I don't think he can take many more of the mind-numbing kinds of dates with which he fills the book. Good job dragging us along with him and putting our hearts and the pits of our stomachs through the same hellish experiences.
LaGina
Jun 24, 2013 LaGina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This book reminded me of the horror's and good times I had when I was divorced from my 1st husband and started dating again. I found myself laughing out loud or shaking my head saying "Oh My God!!! That so happened to me too!!" I think this book is a good read and nice break from what I usually read.
Anja Mizner
Anja Mizner rated it it was ok
Aug 21, 2013
Sass Cadeaux
Sass Cadeaux rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2013
Jonathan Bird
Jonathan Bird rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2013
Jodi Ambrose
Jodi Ambrose rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2012
Cindy Grantham
Cindy Grantham rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2013
Lawrence Fisher
Lawrence Fisher is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2011
Lawrence Fisher
Nov 08, 2011 Lawrence Fisher added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Rute Canhoto
Rute Canhoto marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2011
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2012
Mike Moss
Mike Moss marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2013
Petar
Petar marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013