Start by marking “Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)” as Want to Read:
Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)

Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires #11)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  17,123 ratings  ·  1,096 reviews
Includes a brand new and exclusive Morganville short story

Claire Danvers is concerned when three vampires vanish from Morganville without a trace. The last person seen with them is someone new to town—a mysterious individual named Magnus. Claire is convinced creepy Magnus isn’t human... but is he a vampire, or something else entirely?

Claire’s hunt for answers leads her to
Kindle Edition
Published October 28th 2011 by Allison & Busby

To ask other readers questions about Last Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Last Breath

Emily Bruce

That’s better. I was starting to feel like we should go shoe shopping or something.”

“Being a girl is not a bad thing!”

“No.” He took his hand out of his pocket and put his arm around her shoulders, hugging her close. “If I could be half the girl you are, I’d be—wow, I have no idea where I was going with that, and it just turned out uncomfortable, all of a sudden.”

“Jackass.”

“You like being a girl—that’s good. I like being a guy—that’s also good.”

“Next you’ll be all Me, Tarzan, you, Jane!”

i love th
Hannah-Linn
11/8/11...update. I finished the book!!

8/24/11 update at bottom!!!!

Do you know what I love about these books? They come out about every six months!!! That's a pretty short time considering how long you have to wait for SOME books.
another thing I love about these books: there SSSOOOO many of them!!! I mean this is the eleventh book!!! Seriously??? And they NEVER get boring, even though it's pretty much just the same things happening in every book, it's SSSOOO exciting.
And for once I seriously lo
Carolina
Sep 06, 2011 Carolina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
First I simply tought: "Last breath?? What the hell does that means?"

And then I was like: "OMG, will they turn Claire into a vamp or something?"

And then, I started wondering: "Wait... Eve and Michael... Marriage... Fangs... Accidents... Holy cow!"

I mean, what if

Marriage + Eve + Michael = Eve's Last Breath?!?!

Damn, why do I need to find out what happens so badly???
Hannah (The Irish Banana Review)
I’m honestly scrambling to find something other than “I FREAKING LOVED IT” to post right now, but I’m coming up somewhat empty. Rachel Caine’s 11th book in the Morganville Vampire series is everything a fangirl could dream of. Last Breath was filled with drama, romance, action, mystery, and a lot of suspense.

After eleven books, you pretty much know what you’re getting into with these books … or so I thought. Caine again kept me on my toes by showing us not only Claire’s point of view, but also
Wendy Darling
Whoa! Way to revitalize a series, Ms. Caine. You've definitely woken me up.

(view spoiler)

WHEN is Black Dawn coming out again??
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Gelatinous vampire goo. Gelatinous vampire goo. I can't get over it. This is so...wrong. I'm hoping this new enemy is part of Caine's endgame. We've had 11 books and perhaps she's running out of ideas even though the final book, #15 is due out in November 2013. It certainly feels like the end run.

The Villains
A type of ultimate vampire, the Draug have a seductive call like sirens, need water to survive and breed, can reduce themselves to vampire goo which if you get any on you, will suck the bl
Arlene
Nov 08, 2011 Arlene rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Morganville Fans READ.IT.NOW!
Recommended to Arlene by: Street Corner Bookers
Holy floating Moses! That was insane!

…every story’s tragic somewhere along the way. You just have to know where to stop telling the story to make a happy ending…

I cannot agree with that more! Rachel Caine sure has a way of creating a roll-a-coaster of a ride for her Morganville fans. She puts us through an ongoing adventure of turbulent ups and downs with crazy twists, insane events and fierce action that doesn’t quit. Call me crazy, but I don’t want this wild ride to end.

In Last Breath Morganv
Maria Snyder
Book #11 - I've never gone this far with an author or series before - Harry Potter the only other series I finished with 4 + books. I just love these characters and situation and am still engaged :)

I finished last night and enjoyed the story. It ended with a cliff hanger as Rachel does sometimes and I'm going to start Black Dawn tonight. I must say I was shocked by (view spoiler)
~Tina~
Everytime it comes to writing a review for these books, I find myself sounding like a broken record. But then again every time it's worth the repeat. These books are highly addictive and purely entertaining. It kills boredom and cures readers-block. It's nevah dull and it's always filled with the most delicious intrigue, not to mention sizzling-sexy chemistry.

How is it possible that these books just gets better and better? Eleven books in- and I'm still having an absoute blast in this world. In
Natasa
I really don't know why I read this crap.

These books are like those movies where you just go to switch your brain off and have a good time. Except the difference for Last Breath is that you switch your brain off and have one heck of a bore-a-thon.

Even the action scenes have gotten boring.

OK, that's not entirely true since I was into it while I was reading those sequences, but even so there was this "get on with it" feeling all over it. After eleven books you kinda figure out no one's gonna die s
konneko .
GOSH!!!!!
waiting sucks!!!

November will be a really important month =P
MISS VAIN
Myrnin wasn't listening. He was muttering under his breath, something in a language I didn't know, but from the sound of it, he was cursing like a drunken sailor as he stared murderously at the black portal. Then he switched to English.

"All right," he said. "Kill me, then, you faithless pile of lumber and nails. Kill me if you have to, but I am coming through."

So everyone that knows me knows I'm completely obsessed with Rachel Caine and her dark gritty world of Morganville Vampires and especia
Shy
Last Breath, the eleventh chapter in the Morganville Vampire series, proved to be a HUGE disappointment. This far into the series, I expect that any events that happen in it need to have reasons to really be there, instead of just acting as fillers. Nevertheless, that is the exact thing I get: two supposedly "huge" dramas that didn't have any consequences molded into a storyline that fit into the exact pattern as the previous books.

Nothing new is really there other than the villain and even he d
Tatiana Vila
I only have a few words to say about Last Breath: best book in the whole Morganville series. This was a true roller coaster of emotions, and the ending...well, it was the perfect cherry to top a delicious cupcake of stirring scenes. Definitely worth reading.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Last Breath Review on K-Books

I was so excited to receive this for review from Allison & Busby Publishers and I just had to start to straight away. Morganville Vampires is without a doubt my favourite vampire series ever. I am always torn between this series and Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series but after reading Last Breath this is definitely the best vampire series I have ever read. The writing style is amazing and the storyline is shocking and beautiful all at the same time. This is t
♥Rachel♥
Nov 18, 2011 ♥Rachel♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Morganville Vampire fans
Wow, I think this was my favorite of the series! These books just keep getting better. I don’t know how Rachel Caine manages to keep us invested in this story even after eleven books, but she does. Once you start reading one of these books you find the pages just fly by. This has always been a fun series with a lot of action, romance, and snarky/humorous dialogue. This book in the series however, is a game-changer, and felt a bit more serious than the others.

After the whole drama played out in
Patti Loves FAB Romance
Claire Danvers is an extra-ordinary girl living in the extra-ordinary town of Morganville, Texas. What makes Claire so special? She's super-smart, having started college early, and, among other things, works after school in a lab with Myrnin, who's a little crazy...and a vampire. In Morganville though, that's no so unusual - there are lots of vampires in Morganville.

While there is usually an uneasy truce between the humans and the vampires, things are currently a little strained. Someone's plann
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: IDK
Rating: R
Overall: It was pretty good
Characters: Well Written
Plot: A new bad boy is in town and everyone is in danger
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Sure
Recommend: Yeah
Book Boyfriend: Shane

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
Well, I didn’t love this book, but it was pretty good. There was some world building as something new has come to town. We also get some more answers which is always good. And can I say that was the best ending ever. It was. It really was.

For a f
All Things Urban Fantasy
Rachel Caine is an evil, wicked author for what’s she has done to her characters—and by extension her readers—in LAST BREATH, the eleventh book in her crazy fun Morganville Vampire series. Not since GLASS HOUSES—which ended with with the decapitation of a main character—have I been as shocked by a book in this series…and yes, that means someone else very important dies.

I am continually amazed at how after so many books, the stories about Claire, Shane, Eve, Michael, and Morganville still feel f
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
After 10 books in the same series you might think you can know what to expect. But Rachel has a way of throwing things at us we would never see coming. And this 11th book Last Breath is topping all that! She stunned me at what she came up with! You will never see it coming!!If you have come this far in the series, then you know its going to be awesome. I would recommend reading these all in order so you can really get to know these characters and to see how much they have all been through togeth ...more
Buqet
Okuduğum en iyi MV kitabıydı :)
Konusu ilginçti ve fena aksiyon , dram doluydu.
Micheal ve Eve'nin evlenme kararı kasabada kısa bir şok etkisi yapar. Vampirler ve insanlar bu kez ortak bir fikirde buluşmuşlardı. Bu aşıkların evlenmesinin imkanı yoktur. Ama Eve ve Micheal , arkadaşları Shane ve Claire'yi de arkalarına alarak kararlı bir şekilde mihraba yol alıyorlardır. Morganville'ı ise bu küçük krizden daha büyük tehlikeler beklemektedir.
Komşu vampir kasabasından gelen bir elçi , önemli bir not
H.Lee
I am not sure if I have ever been so excited about a book in my life. If you love this series, than this book MUST be read!!!

The book starts off with the vampires and the humans kind of in an uproar about Eve and Michael’s upcoming nuptials. Shane and Claire are left to try talking Eve and Michael out of their decision. It does not take long before the plot is turned and there is more going on in Morganville that threatens everyone! Even the vampires!!!

This book made me laugh, cry…yes..cry, and
Jade
5 stars plus, a round of applause, a standing ovation and an "addicting as crack" warning label.

I love this series. It's book 11` and yet it was fresh, awesome and left me wanting for more. Some series begin to wither as they go along. They seem to be written as fan service and for the publishers'/author's pockets. I don't mean any disrespect, but at times the quality and sincerity of the writing seems forced. In OTHER SERIES, NOT, NOT, this one.

OMG! How does Ms. Caine does it? She really knows
Amber
I don't know how Rachel Caine does it. She can create book after book and still keep the story fresh and alive. This is one series that never gets boring and keeps me excited for the next.

Right from the start, we get what we have been longing to feel for what seems like forever...NEKKID SHANE! (no, he really isn't, but we can keep hoping) Oh, how i had missed his humor and snide remarks.

"Look, ask him, okay? This is girl talk. I don't do girl talk." She punched him in the shoulder. "Ass." "Tha
Cassandra
Oh how I love this series. The series could go on forever and I would never get bored of it. So much happens in this book. Love seeing all my fave characters, and as always Myrnin is a definate favorite for me.

Myrnin-"Claire. I need you here immediately. Somethings wrong with Bob.I can't get him to eat insects, and I used his favorites.He just sits there."
Claire-"Bob the spider?"
Myrnin-"Just because he's a spider doesn't mean he deserves any less concern! Claire, you hava a way with him. He like
Jess (Gone with the Words)
Read this review on my blog! --> Last Breath by Rachel Caine

Oh, our dear Morganville gang. Last Breath was a rough one for you, wasn’t it? Rachel Caine really dragged you guys through the mud, didn’t she? And by the end, things haven’t only gotten marginally better. *sigh* Come here....you guys need a hug.

In Last Breath, every one is in danger. Vampires are being hunted, and in turn, the vampires want to “free” the humans and get the heck outta dodge. Also, have you ever wondered why the tow
Jillian
Rachel Caine is back! This book brought me back to how I felt when I first started the series. I loved the plot line- it was finally an exciting and fresh adventure for the characters. She also finally brought in some more new characters (bad guys)- the draug- who made the book fun to read. I once again felt emotionally attached the characters and was dying to know how it would end. She definitely put in some twists and turns this time. I didn't prefer that she put a few chapters in other charac ...more
Naomi
Wow! Eleven books into The Morganville Vampires series & it's still as exciting as ever!! I think this may actually be my favourite one so far!
Lucy
I admit I was worried that this series had started to run out of steam after reading the tenth installment, Bite Club, but I’m happy to say that the latest Morganville book put my mind at ease. Last Breath offers lots of surprises, reveals, action and emotion that make it one of the most satisfying of the series so far. Literally no one is safe this time from Morganville’s latest threat where the twists just keep coming. I couldn’t have predicted any of the events that occurred this time around, ...more
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
What just happened? This was the question that I was asking myself all the way through this book. Caine just keeps on coming with this series and I admit that I was expecting the series to go downhill a bit, but thankfully that's not the case. I'd probably say that this one gripped me more than the others. It was fast paced and full of surprises. There was a great amount of action but it didn't feel rushed or as though it was too much. There were a lot of different aspects to this book, the stor ...more
Do you think Claire should of said yes to turning into a vampire? 3 23 Nov 04, 2014 08:51AM
Crazy for Young A...: Last Breath (Morganville Vampires #11) by Rachel Caine → Start Date: April 13th, 2014 33 29 Apr 24, 2014 07:17PM
Myrnin 23 103 Dec 31, 2013 05:04PM
Petition 6 28 Sep 27, 2013 12:56PM
The Morganville Vampire series! 10 41 Sep 26, 2013 01:43AM
Anyone else sad for the house? 12 47 Sep 25, 2013 01:53PM
Shane, Micheal or Myrinn??? 42 208 Sep 25, 2013 01:35PM
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Bleeding Hearts (Drake Chronicles, #4)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)
  • Bad Blood (Blood Coven Vampire, #4)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3) The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2) Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4) Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)

“You're kidding," Shane said. "Do you think I want to visit Crazy McTeeth in his lair of insanity?"
"No," Claire said, "but I'm pretty sure you won't like it if I go alone when I just kind of promised to be with you. So...?"
"Right. I've been missing Nutty McFang anyway."
"Stop making up names for him."
"What about Count Crackula?"
"Just stop.”
115 likes
“Marriage is a big word for all guys,” Shane said. “You know that. It’s kind of an allergy. We get itchy and sweaty just trying to spell it, much less do it.” 113 likes