Start by marking “Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels” as Want to Read:
Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels

Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  288 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews

Why buy one masterpiece novel by Ernest Hemingway when you acquire four in a stunning leatherbound edition? This collection contains the fiction that won the American author a Nobel Prize for Literature: The Sun Also Rises, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Farewell to Arms, and The Old Man and the Sea. A memorable gift at any time of the year.

Published October 5th 2011 by Barnes & Noble

To ask other readers questions about Ernest Hemingway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ernest Hemingway

Adam
Mar 21, 2014 Adam rated it it was amazing
A beautiful leather-bound edition I purchased at Barnes & Noble that includes the four of Hemingway's major works, unabridged: The Sun Also Rises, A Farewell to Arms, For Whom the Bell Tolls and The Old Man and the Sea.

Looks great on a bookshelf with the image of a toreador on its spine and a mountainous landscape and low valley on its cover. The book also sports gold leaf paper with a cloth place holder.

The only drawback of this book is that it is big and difficult to carry around. I boug
Tommy
Jan 06, 2013 Tommy rated it it was amazing
I came to this after having read A Farewell to Arms in high school and loving the character of Hemingway in the movie "Midnight in Paris". Personally, I liked For Whom the Bell Tolls the best out of the anthology. It drew me into the story more and Robert Jordan was a character that was well fleshed out and complex. The Old Man and the Sea was a close second. I'd recommend.
David Roark
Mar 18, 2014 David Roark rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. I like his straight ahead style. For me, a highlight was definitely For Whom the Bell Tolls. But all the stories here are captivating.
Pam
Apr 07, 2014 Pam rated it it was amazing
Ernest Hemingway is a classic American author. His style of writing makes for a quick, easy read. He writes in a manner to which you feel like you know the characters and you can picture in your mind the scene he has set for the chapter/book. His novels take you to a different place in time. If you are an avid reader, and bibliophile like myself, you should love Hemingway. It also doesn't hurt that my parents gave me the middle name Brett because they loved Hemingway and loved Lady Brett Ashley ...more
Trisha M.
Aug 23, 2015 Trisha M. rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I'm glad I re-read one of my favorites and had the opportunity to read a couple new novels. I really enjoyed For Whom The Bell Tolls for the first time. I remembered reading A Farewell to Arms in school and liking it; I wasn't disappointed. Hemingway is quite a romantic for being such a rustic manly whore.
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Rian Augusto
Rian Augusto marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Bigdek17
Bigdek17 marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Patricia Plummer
Patricia Plummer marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Daniela Smutneac
Daniela Smutneac rated it it was amazing
Riley-Dene Morley
Riley-Dene Morley marked it as to-read
Carly Nicholas
Carly Nicholas marked it as to-read
Keiko Dagirl
Keiko Dagirl rated it it was amazing
Teena
Teena rated it really liked it
Judy Booth Miller
Judy Booth Miller marked it as to-read
Beth Unrein
Beth Unrein marked it as to-read
Joseph Éamon
Joseph Éamon rated it it was amazing
Taz
Taz marked it as to-read
Izzy
Izzy rated it really liked it
Zachary
Zachary marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Russell
Russell rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Barbara Donato
Barbara Donato marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Karla
Karla marked it as to-read
The SATX Fritz Family
The SATX Fritz Family rated it really liked it
Nancy Licko
Nancy Licko rated it it was amazing
Mick Scheinin
Mick Scheinin rated it it was amazing
Zoe
Zoe rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
  • American Gods / Anansi Boys: Coffret, 2 volumes
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Adventures of Huckleberry Finn/The Prince & the Pauper
  • The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun
  • Classic American Short Stories
  • The Art of War and Other Classics of Eastern Thought
  • Aesop's Illustrated Fables
  • Jules Verne: Seven Novels
  • Jane Eyre / Les Hauts de Hurle-Vent / Agnes Grey
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Works (Halcyon Classics)
  • Charlotte's Web and Other Illustrated Classics
  • Jane Austen: Seven Novels
  • Five Novels: Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations
  • The Constitution of the United States of America and Selected Writings of the Founding Fathers.
  • Fairy Tales From Around the World
  • Gray's Anatomy
  • The Complete Fiction
  • A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys
  • Treasury of American Poetry
Ernest Miller Hemingway was an American author and journalist. His economical and understated style had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his life of adventure and his public image influenced later generations. Hemingway produced most of his work between the mid-1920s and the mid-1950s, and won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. He published seven novels, six short story collec ...more
More about Ernest Hemingway...