Start by marking “Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics)” as Want to Read:
Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics)
Preview

Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  4 reviews

Why buy one masterpiece novel by Ernest Hemingway when you acquire four in a stunning leatherbound edition? This collection contains the fiction that won the American author a Nobel Prize for Literature: The Sun Also Rises, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Farewell to Arms, and The Old Man and the Sea. A memorable gift at any time of the year.

Published October 5th 2011 by Barnes & Noble

To ask other readers questions about Ernest Hemingway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ernest Hemingway

Adam
A beautiful leather-bound edition I purchased at Barnes & Noble that includes the four of Hemingway's major works, unabridged: The Sun Also Rises, A Farewell to Arms, For Whom the Bell Tolls and The Old Man and the Sea.

Looks great on a bookshelf with the image of a toreador on its spine and a mountainous landscape and low valley on its cover. The book also sports gold leaf paper with a cloth place holder.

The only drawback of this book is that it is big and difficult to carry around. I boug
Tommy
I came to this after having read A Farewell to Arms in high school and loving the character of Hemingway in the movie "Midnight in Paris". Personally, I liked For Whom the Bell Tolls the best out of the anthology. It drew me into the story more and Robert Jordan was a character that was well fleshed out and complex. The Old Man and the Sea was a close second. I'd recommend.
David Roark
Fantastic. I like his straight ahead style. For me, a highlight was definitely For Whom the Bell Tolls. But all the stories here are captivating.
Pam
Ernest Hemingway is a classic American author. His style of writing makes for a quick, easy read. He writes in a manner to which you feel like you know the characters and you can picture in your mind the scene he has set for the chapter/book. His novels take you to a different place in time. If you are an avid reader, and bibliophile like myself, you should love Hemingway. It also doesn't hurt that my parents gave me the middle name Brett because they loved Hemingway and loved Lady Brett Ashley ...more
Kaye
Kaye marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Sierra Richards
Sierra Richards marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Sara Ochoa
Sara Ochoa marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Alkisti
Alkisti marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
DeeDee
DeeDee marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Zainab Shalaby
Zainab Shalaby marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Jael
Jael marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Nieves
Nieves marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
TheBookishLadybird
TheBookishLadybird marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Solitary_dragon
Solitary_dragon marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Sasha K
Sasha K marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Micah Lindsey
Micah Lindsey marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Aiyana
Aiyana marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Adventures of Huckleberry Finn/The Prince & the Pauper
  • American Gods / Anansi Boys: Coffret, 2 volumes
  • Jules Verne: Seven Novels
  • Jane Eyre / Les Hauts de Hurle-Vent / Agnes Grey
  • Jane Austen: Seven Novels
  • The Art of War and Other Classics of Eastern Thought
  • Five Novels: Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Works (Halcyon Classics)
  • Fairy Tales From Around the World
  • A Wonder-Book for Girls and Boys
  • Seven Novels
  • The Complete Fiction
  • Gray's Anatomy
  • Dracula and Other Horror Stories
  • Treasury of American Poetry
  • The Little House Collection (Little House, #1-5)
  • The Collected John Carter of Mars (Barsoom, #8-11)
Ernest Miller Hemingway was an American author and journalist. His economical and understated style had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his life of adventure and his public image influenced later generations. Hemingway produced most of his work between the mid-1920s and the mid-1950s, and won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954. He published seven novels, six short story collec ...more
More about Ernest Hemingway...
The Old Man and the Sea The Sun Also Rises For Whom the Bell Tolls A Farewell to Arms A Moveable Feast