Start by marking “Regent (The Balance of Power, #1; World of Godsland, #4)” as Want to Read:
Regent (The Balance of Power, #1; World of Godsland, #4)

Regent (The Balance of Power #1)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  380 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Regent, book one of The Balance of Power trilogy, is the much anticipated continuation of the World of Godsland fantasy series, which began with The Dawning of Power trilogy.

In the years since the end of The Herald War, the world has become complacent despite Catrin Volker's warnings. When the darkness of her visions comes to pass, no one is prepared, and the fate of human
Published October 21st 2011 by White Wolf Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Regent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Regent

Jean Brandenburg
I had the feeling I should have read a book before this, even though it is called Book One. There were lots of places where they talked about what happened before, and gave you some idea, but not details. This is a fantasy with telepathic dragons and people able to pull energy from the air and comets and spirit travel (though there aren't many of these people. Lots of dragons some good, a lot very evil) There are also demons and black hordes. There was almost always 2 separate story lines and so ...more
Kim
I like this series but I am constantly wondering how Cat is supposed to be the most powerful but is constantly coming up against a super power that thwarts her at every turn. This book is full of fighting....demons, dragons, giants, inner turmoil within the hold, and with each other. I'd like a bit more story line and Cat actually learning about her power instead of just trying things out and finding, hey, I can do that!!! I realize that if it was easy for her there wouldn't be much suspense but ...more
Kikuvian Yaslana
I honestly have to say I was very disappointed in this book. It starts by jumping an unknown number of years (we knew Catrin WAS 15 and now suddenly she has a teenage-sounding son). The drama is overly drawn out and weighs the whole book, practically drowning the story underneath. Every battle (and there's plenty of them) is Catrin experiencing "more power than ever before" and each strike against her is "feeling like her soul was being torn apart". And the use of power has become unrealistic. T ...more
Donna Kinsaul
Another great book in the series

Series don't always live up to the first book but this series keeps delivering and leaving you wanting more. There a lot of action and it keeps you on the edge of your seat. I can't wait to read the next and I know I will be sad when it is over.
Patty winrod
Very good book

if u like fantasy and Dragon wars u will enjoy this book. lots of adventure intrigue and great story but need to read all the books to understand why the characters are fighting
Naomi
This book may have been good if you had read the 1st trilogy, but this is not a stand alone book. I read 250 pages of the 550 pages and just could not get in to the story and had no idea what was going on in those pages.
John Young
A great continuation.

A great continuation.

This book picks up about eleven years after the last book. It brings the new enemy into the story. Enjoy the story.

Tiffany Wang
will cone back after ive read the first threee...maybe...bc 30% in and i still dont care at all about wots happening....
Raven Stormbringer
Continuing the tale started in the first trilogy, but picking up more than a decade later. While jumping from persona to person, to see what is happening with each character when they are separated, can be a useful tool, it can be a nuisance and distraction when it is over used. At times this book felt like a soap opera, in the sense that most of the 'scene changes' were cliffhangers. It started to become more annoying than exciting.
Aside from that, I enjoyed the book and am continuing the serie
Kellie Dipiro
I won't read the rest of this series. The continuation of Catrin' s story no longer appeals to me.
Dalene
my review coming soon.
Erik
I started with this book and paused reading halfway to read three previous Call of the Herald, Inherited Danger, and Dragon Ore. I purchase Dragon Ore and got three other books for free. I like the book and have also purchased next book in the series : Feral.
Jairus Reddy
I had the pleasure of reading an advanced copy a while back. If you love hardcore fantasy, Brian Rathbone is the writer for you. He's vivid, his characters are alive, and I couldn't put this book down. Five stars.

Jairus Reddy
David Clark
This is the fist book after the trilogy, and about 10 or so years has passed. The book started out way to slow for my liking. Then an explosion of activity occurred and the book kept up the pace for the rest of the book.
Abby Miller
I was fortunate to read an advanced copy long ago. I read it again a few months back, and if you enjoy in-depth fantasy, this is the book for you.

Abby Miller
George A
I read this book a while ago before I read Feral. Brian keeps things moving and builds a lot of strong characters and has a lot of action. Never a dull moment.
4.5 stars. At times, the book was a bit long-winded, but overall it's worth the read. Without a doubt I'd recommend to any fans of fantasy.
Brad
Another good book in the series and really ended in a cliffhanger can't wait for the next book.
Sephone
I gobbled up the first four and am awaiting more.
Beth
Just say NO to Amazon Invasion.
Rajeshwari
awesome narration,... brilliant book,..
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Gordon Tyus
Gordon Tyus marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Christal Keel
Christal Keel marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Trinae
Trinae marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
The World of Gods...: Announcements 1 11 Dec 18, 2011 09:07AM
  • The Dark Citadel (The Dark Citadel, #1)
  • An Oath of the Blood (Island Shifters, #1)
  • Altdorf (The Forest Knights, #1)
  • Awaken (Fated Saga, #1)
  • 7 Folds of Winter
  • Ethan Wright and the Curse of Silence
  • The Gatekeeper (The Marenon Chronicles #2)
  • The Hungering Saga Complete (The Hungering Saga, #1-3)
  • Defender (Sanctuary, #1)
  • City of Blaze (The Fireblade Array, #1)
  • The God King (Heirs of the Fallen, #1)
  • Draykon (Draykon, #1)
  • The Riddler's Gift (Tales of the Lifesong, #1)
  • Everflame
  • The Eye of Divinity (Knights, #1)
  • A Death Displaced (Lansin Island, #1)
  • The Great Convergence (The Book of Deacon, #2)
  • Child of the Ghosts (Ghosts, #1)
Fantasy author Brian Rathbone
A former horse trainer and computer programmer, Brian Rathbone used his old world knowledge and love of fantasy fiction to create The World of Godsland fantasy series, which begins with The Dawning of Power trilogy.

The World of Godsland fantasy series includes:

Call of the Herald
Inherited Danger
Dragon Ore
Regent
Feral
Regal

More about Brian Rathbone...
Call of the Herald (The Dawning of Power, #1) Inherited Danger (The Dawning of Power, #2) Dragon Ore (The Dawning of Power, #3) Feral The Dawning of Power (World of Godsland #1-3) (The Dawning of Power #1-3)

“Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.” 151 likes
“The true measure of a person can be seen in the way they treat those less powerful than themselves.” 0 likes