Start by marking “See You Around, Sam! (Sam Krupnik, #3)” as Want to Read:
See You Around, Sam! (Sam Krupnik, #3)

See You Around, Sam! (Sam Krupnik #3)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sam Krupnik decides to run away to Alaska when his mother won't let him wear his new plastic fangs in the house. Sam stops at neighbors' houses to say goodbye and is given so much gear and information, he wonders if he's made the right choice.
Published March 9th 1998 by Yearling (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about See You Around, Sam!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about See You Around, Sam!

June
I read this with my son for a book report and liked the concept behind the book and found the characters to be quite likeable (if seeming to good to be true).
george
Sam is quite excited when he gets home from nursery school. You see, he traded his etch-a-sketch for a cool pair of fangs. But his mother hates fangs, has fangphobia even; so Sam is not allowed to wear fangs in the house. Fine, says Sam, he'll just run away. So he packs his necessities and heads for the door and his mother doesn't even try to stop him! He decides that his destination will be Alaska, but before he goes he decides to visit Gertrude Stein one last time for some cookies. But he does ...more
Rachel Inbar
Apr 08, 2012 Rachel Inbar rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one.
Having read The Giver, I expected a book that would draw me in and make me want to read more. I found this book to be the opposite. I kept looking for an excuse not to read it. There were a few good parts, but overall, I found the book boring and disappointing. I think it would have done well as a book for young children, in a 32-page format with a sentence or two per page. Nothing more was needed in order to tell the (not so interesting) story.
Julie
I'm not giving this any stars because I haven't read the whole thing yet. So far, this series has been a huge hit with my 4 year old son named Sam. But two chapters in, he asked me to stop reading this book..... he was very VERY upset that the Sam in the book was running away from home. So, be warned if you have a sensitive little one, this may not be a good choice for family reading.
Emily
Sam decides to run away to Alaska because his mother won't let him wear plastic fangs in the house. Everyone in the neighborhood conspires to change his mind. I don't know why, but this book wasn't as fun as the previous books about Sam. He seemed less like a precocious genius and more like an ordinary little boy. I suppose as Sam grows up, he'll continue to be even less remarkable.
Allanna
I've always liked the Anastasia Krupnik books ... including the ones about her little brother, Sam.

In this book, Sam decides to run away.

But before he goes, he has to get prepared and say good-bye to his neighborhood friends.

And, oh, I wish I had a neighborhood where I knew everyone.
I should work on that.
Cindy
Aug 01, 2013 Cindy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I rated every book that I read during childhood 5 stars.
Why? Well because that was a time in my life when I loved every single thing I read. And because they bring back fond memories. Ah, the joys of being young!
Lauriero
This was the least fav of the series--too much walking around. But the thought of peanut butter and blubbber sandwiches had us all gagging and laughing.
Jamijones
Sep 22, 2009 Jamijones is currently reading it
sam wants to have things because he see other people with the things and so he can think he is as cool as the others
Shelli
Who knew that a trip to Alaska to lay in a pile with a bunch of Walrus required so much planning. Cute and funny read.
Carrie
A great series, the boys and I loved reading about Sam. Sorry this is the last one!
Abigail
this is a wonderful book with tons of excitement and adventure
Sushi
Sushi added it
Jan 25, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Fiona Mcelroy
Fiona Mcelroy marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Rebecca Esmail
Rebecca Esmail marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
G
G marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Yvonne
Yvonne added it
Oct 14, 2014
Ma J Millan P
Ma J Millan P marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Hla Oo
Hla Oo marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Hip and Hop, Don't Stop!
  • The Lion and the Little Red Bird
  • Oh Rats! The Story of Rats and People
  • Love and Roast Chicken: A Trickster Tale from the Andes Mountains
  • The Bird's Christmas Carol
  • Treasure Fever! (Schooling Around!)
  • Hook
  • Moo Who?
  • The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School
  • Honestly, Katie John!
Taken from Lowry's website:
"I’ve always felt that I was fortunate to have been born the middle child of three. My older sister, Helen, was very much like our mother: gentle, family-oriented, eager to please. Little brother Jon was the only boy and had interests that he shared with Dad; together they were always working on electric trains and erector sets; and later, when Jon was older, they always
More about Lois Lowry...

Sam Krupnik (4 books)
  • All About Sam  (Sam Krupnik, #1)
  • Attaboy, Sam!  (Sam Krupnik, #2)
  • Zooman Sam (Sam Krupnik, #4)
The Giver (The Giver, #1) Number the Stars Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2) Messenger (The Giver, #3) Son (The Giver, #4)