Start by marking “Nightmare in Niceville” as Want to Read:
Nightmare in Niceville

Nightmare in Niceville

did not like it 1.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  0 Reviews
Lily Strykes is a typical teenage girl, who, along with her mother and younger sister, settles into a comfortably predictable lifestyle in the quiet little town of Niceville, Florida. But hidden in their past is something dark. A fun night out with friends takes an unexpected and terrifying turn as her previous life quickly catches up to her. Lily's routine but peaceful ex ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Boutique of Quality Books

To ask other readers questions about Nightmare in Niceville, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightmare in Niceville

Nikki
Jan 13, 2014 Nikki rated it it was ok
My copy was provided to me by Netgalley.

This book was like a cheesy horror movie to me. It read like a movie to me and it was very predictable. Lily moved to Niceville after some problems in her past and she's accepted that Niceville is her life. Niceville seemed stupid to me. Like it's name, everyone is all nice and no city is like that. People scream and yell, people get arrested for stupid things. No city is perfect, but apparently Niceville is.

The boring was boring to me. Lily is living her
April (The Steadfast Reader)
Well, the sole reason that I picked up this title was because of the setting, as someone who is intimately acquainted with the greater Niceville metro area (ha!) of course I had to read it.

The problem, is that it's not very good. I grew up with Fear Street (which will always be superior to R.L. Stein's other series, Goosebumps) and Christopher Pike, admittedly it's been a (very) long time since I've read any of those novels but I remember them being better than this. Right down to the title and
Jazmen This Girl Reads A lot
I'm so sorry to the author but this book is pretty bad. It's not the worse but it's still pretty bad.

The story has multiple point of views starting at about half way through the book and there isn't much order to it. It sort of jumped from one character to the next. So, at certain points I had to remind myself of who each character was and quite frankly it wasn't worth the effort.

*SPOILER ALERT* I really don't like including spoilers but I don't really know how to explain without spoiling.

So ab
Brianna C
Nov 30, 2014 Brianna C rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, netgalley
This book was alright. It wasn't horrible, but it honestly wasn't that good for me. While it kept me curious about what was going to happen, I found myself not really caring what was going to happen. The characters fell flat and you never really connect with them. The plot was very cliche and predictable.

Lily had a rough relationship with her father and soon enough things start happening and she believes it's because of him. She was a bit all over the place as a narrator and you never really go
Lauri Rottmayer
Feb 19, 2014 Lauri Rottmayer rated it it was ok
As an author, it's difficult to put yourself out there knowing that people will read, and critique your work. I give the author kudos for having the courage to put herself out there at such a young age.

The story itself was kind of predictable. I think that the author is good with description and could "see" much of the story. I had a hard time with word usage and grammar issues. I do hope she will continue her craft, perfecting it along the way.
AJ Fairchild
Jan 22, 2014 AJ Fairchild rated it it was ok
Shelves: egalley
From the first page, Nightmare in Niceville immediately puts you in mind of a B-list horror movie, with C-list actors. It feels like it could have been written by R.L. Stine's teenage cousin. I tried to research to author to see if a teen had written it, but came up empty. But that had more to do with curiosity than being pertinent to the storyline.

The story had a decent premise, but the characters, both main and secondary, felt fake. Flat. Emotionless. Because of this, so did I.

Noomay
Apr 09, 2014 Noomay rated it it was ok
Lily Strykes lives in the town of Niceville. And true to it's name everyone is very very very....nice. Until an ordinary night out at the movies with friends turns into a nightmare. I could see this book a B movie on TV. It was hard to remember all the characters because they were not fully developed, I had to go back and reread some pages because I couldn't remember who the character was.
Lab
Jan 08, 2014 Lab rated it did not like it
The characters were flat, the dialogue is very clunky and not very life-like (esp. considering that most of it is written from the point of view of a teenager), and the whole novel felt very artificial to me, but not in a good way (i.e. a parody of suburbia like Pleasantville, which I'd hoped for, given the title). The promised nightmare doesn't hold. I think the concept of the title and the cover has potential, it's a shame that this novel is something entirely different from what its cover pro ...more
steen
Jan 15, 2014 steen rated it did not like it
I admittedly couldn't get past the first two chapters. The sentences are all short and choppy with no variation or flow and the dialogue is worse than anything George Lucas could have dreamed up. It was all incredibly flat, to include the characters.

** Copy provided by Netgalley **
Bill
Dec 29, 2013 Bill rated it did not like it
I stuck with this until I was almost half way through thinking that, sure, this is another stalker tale like many another, and perhaps for the 12-13 year old set, but then the writing seemed to deteriorate,
my English teacher red pen wanted to begin making corrections and rewriting sentences – and then it just became ludicrous.

Forget this one.
Jasmine
Jan 20, 2014 Jasmine rated it did not like it
Just not for me
Mallory Heart Recommends
Intricate multi-viewpoint tale of a family in crisis, determined to not just survive but to persevere and achieve quality of life. YA directed, but suitable for adults, and for mature younger readers (middle grades).
Stacy
May 29, 2012 Stacy rated it really liked it
I'm from Niceville, so Amberle had me with the title! This was obviously written by a teenager, but that didn't make me like it any less. It gave the book a fresh, young feel to it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great job, Amberle!
Katarina
Dec 29, 2013 Katarina rated it did not like it
Horrifying
Jan
Nov 20, 2012 Jan rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this book. It just didn't keep my attention.
Nour
Nour rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2016
Anne Mallamo
Anne Mallamo marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Miriam Nieves
Miriam Nieves marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Tracy Guebert
Tracy Guebert marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Mona
Mona added it
Feb 22, 2016
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Kelle Green
Kelle Green marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Sarah Swann
Sarah Swann rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Kathy Hohn
Kathy Hohn marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Ania Nemezis
Ania Nemezis rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2014
Lori Lee
Lori Lee rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2014