Start by marking “After Life” as Want to Read:
After Life

After Life

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  658 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Internationally acclaimed psychic medium John Edward takes his talents to new levels and new countries in his fourth book, AFTER LIFE: Answers from the Other Side.

Join John and a documentary crew “Down Under” in Australia and across the United States, where he demonstrates once again that grief, healing, and hope are eternally intertwined and universal. John answers your
Published September 1st 2003 by Princess Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about After Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about After Life

One Last Time by John EdwardCrossing Over by John EdwardLife After Life by Raymond A. Moody Jr.The Real Book of the Dead by Collette SinclaireMessages From Heaven by Collette Sinclaire
Crossing Over
6th out of 48 books — 36 voters
The Shack by Wm. Paul YoungThe Truth of All that Is by Amelia BertWhere the Deer Dwell by Dorothy GravelleThe Barista by Elijah G. ClarkFighting for Love by Liliya Akhmadeeva
SPIRITUAL THINKERS
142nd out of 160 books — 101 voters

More lists with this book...

Doug Dillon
Jun 29, 2012 Doug Dillon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fascinating, first person account of life as an internationally acclaimed medium. Very warmly and openly presented, John Edward comes across as the guy next door who is trying to explain AND understand what he does as a medium at the same time.

In chapters with titles like, “Living on This Side”, The 9/11 Factor”, and “Papa, Can You Hear Me?”, this author offers readers the constant assurances that life continues after death. He includes key psychic readings done before thousands of people or i
Cindy
Jan 24, 2016 Cindy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
John Edward takes you, along with his documentary crew, to other countries, as well as to some celebrity interviews. Even more interestingly, he provides you with glimpses into his own personal life, and shares how what he's learned, affects him. For me, this book is reaffirmation of what I already know and believe.
Leigh
Apr 22, 2007 Leigh rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Shelves: spiritual
I am NOT impressed with this guy at all. I won't go as far as to say he is a phoney, but I just don't get why he wrote this book. All he really does is talk about himself, himself, and more of himself. It's not at all what I had expected after hearing so much rave about this guy.
Quintin Merwe
A really riveting reading experience for believer and critic alike; and maybe even the turning point for the non-believer. The concept is brought home by straight forward writing (no BS) and the work is easy to understand.
I was really surprised with John’s writing style, seeing that this was my first experience. I love the fact that he uses humor the way he does and it is also not an exaggerated attempt at it either; the balance he maintains throughout the book keeps it interesting, fun to read
Heidi Wiechert
I was talking with one of my coworkers about psychics and I mentioned that I enjoyed Sylvia Browne's books so she asked if I had ever read John Edward. I hadn't, so this was her recommendation.

I liked it. There are some interesting similarities between the two of them- they both have spirit guides, they both are able to communicate with folks from the other side. I like Sylvia's books more because she goes into the different topics of the unknown while Edward just seems to do reading after readi
Ballerina60
May 04, 2015 Ballerina60 rated it it was amazing
i used to watch Crossing Over when it was on TV. with that background, i have an interest in hearing/understanding "more". the book delivers. very very thought provoking. inspirational. hopeful. JE reaches out to people with the intent to bring them more hope, more peace. he doesn't have an easy job, but he does it with patience, honesty, and committment.
Rupeet Malhotra
Apr 29, 2015 Rupeet Malhotra rated it it was amazing
John Edward is an excellent medium and great writer. His books are full of compassionate stories of reuniting loved ones on both sides of the veil, and to me in particular, his books are a sort of therapy. Highly recommend his One Last Time too! Thank you John for all that you do. God Bless!
Juliewheatcox.Net
Oct 22, 2015 Juliewheatcox.Net rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Crossing Over a lot, and this book is more of John's accounts of his readings. The added bonus is that John talked more about his personal life. I particularly appreciated that he described his difficult relationship with his father. And the ending of the book was perfect.
Alicia Mitsch
Dec 03, 2007 Alicia Mitsch rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
My father and I followed the show Crossing Over, and for Christmas one year, I got my dad this book. I don't know if he read it or not, but it caught my eye one day, so I decided I would give it a try. I believe that every book comes to you with an important message that is (or soon will be) relevant to your life. It's the same with this book. I have been struggling with my own sense of grief, and there were passges in this book that have helped me to find a sense of peace. I feel that John Edwa ...more
Patricia Frankos
Feb 13, 2014 Patricia Frankos rated it really liked it
After loosing a very close friend to suicide, this book helped to bring me some comfort & peace.
Diane Wachter
Mar 01, 2016 Diane Wachter rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, biography
HB-B @ 2003, 11/03. More of the stories, many from 9/11. Very interesting.
Quanita
Jan 02, 2016 Quanita rated it really liked it
An easy and interesting read.
Janet
Apr 03, 2015 Janet rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading about the process he goes through when he reads for people. Very interesting and I would recommend this book to anyone interested in psychic matters.
Sherri Whittenburg-hampton
May 11, 2012 Sherri Whittenburg-hampton rated it it was amazing
This is my second book I've read from John. I'm always amazed at his openness and candor. Here is a man who is evolving and allowing us a peek inside of his family, experiences and abilities. Ever since I was a child I have been fascinated by the psychic world and have always believed in the fact that you can communicate with those who have passed over and John has a way of bringing such excitiment to the subject that completely captivates the reader!
Jpalasak
Aug 03, 2009 Jpalasak rated it really liked it
I am and have been a John Edward follower for years. I never missed his Crossing Over or Cross Country With John Edward and am sorry that it is no longer on TV. I like him and what he is conveying to us. This book came at a time when I have been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I know my husband is a believer and can only hope it helps him when the time comes. Keep up the good work John.
John Jolly
Nov 26, 2007 John Jolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone questioning what's out there
Shelves: religious, thoughtful
So, ok, little sappy time, but will help understand why I like this guy and this book. I read this shortly after my birth-mother passed, looking for some sort of understanding. I know it seems a bit hokey at times, but to someone like me that believes that alot of things exist that we just can't understand, it does help a bit.
Michael Goth
Nov 20, 2012 Michael Goth rated it liked it
An interersting look into what a medium does. If the book has a shortcoming its that what John Edward does is pretty difficult to put into words. Reading After Life had me convinced that Edward is the real deal though and not the fraud that some of his critics have labled him.
Tia Akers
Oct 08, 2012 Tia Akers rated it it was amazing
Kleenex required. The documentation of his readings was straight forward and allowed you to draw your own conclusion. I didn't feel "preached to". I found the book comforting.
Allison Rabbitt
Apr 20, 2009 Allison Rabbitt rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teenage boys, basketball fans, Hispanics, kids who are caught between friends
More for boys and basketball fans than for me. I always liked books where the characters speak another language and blips of their dialogue is written in that language.
Lisa
Nov 22, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Edward was amazing to me on T.V.'s Crossing Over. Now that I have read this book I am doubly amazed! He is helping people all over the world!
Laurie
May 22, 2008 Laurie rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
It was very cool to understand a little more about how john edward communicates with people who have passed over.
Katie
Apr 27, 2014 Katie rated it really liked it
I enjoy his style of writing and this was more like his first book which I thought was very informative.
Mary
Sep 18, 2011 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love his books even though they make me cry all the time. :) (touching type cry, I think).
Deirdre
Aug 17, 2009 Deirdre rated it liked it
Interesting, particularly with some insight into his relationship with his father.
Moreen Torpy
May 17, 2012 Moreen Torpy rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book if you're on John Edward's wavelength.
David
Sep 12, 2012 David added it
Interesting look into what might be on the other side
Helen
Apr 19, 2010 Helen rated it liked it
Was ok, not as good as 'Crossing Over' but ok.
Shell
Jan 14, 2008 Shell rated it it was amazing
Will read this book again.
Sharon
Sep 02, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Loved the book!
Pattik
Sep 24, 2008 Pattik rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
good read
  • Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants
  • Healing With The Angels Oracle Cards