Start by marking “Drop Dead Gorgeous” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead Gorgeous

Drop Dead Gorgeous

Where is love when you really need it?

Certain that she will depart this world at the tender age of twenty-eight, Madison O'Donnell is determined to experience breathless, passionate love in the two weeks left to her, no thanks to her stuffy boss, T. Laurence Hobbs!

T. Laurence is the perfect tax accountant, a man who likes his ducks in a row and his numbers in a column. Bu
Published April 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Drop Dead Gorgeous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drop Dead Gorgeous

Beautiful Creatures by Kami GarciaThe Dark Divine by Bree DespainUnearthly by Cynthia HandEvermore by Alyson NoelRomeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
The Color Purple
177th out of 1,079 books — 279 voters
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataMotorcycle Man by Kristen AshleyNeanderthal Seeks Human by Penny ReidPerfection by R.L. MathewsonSweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley
In Love with the Boss Romances
33rd out of 74 books — 56 voters

More lists with this book...

Katie(babs)
Jul 04, 2009 Katie(babs) rated it really liked it
This has to be Jennifer Sully's best book to date. It is funny, sexy and the heroine has a thing for her boss who is balding and an accountant. But it doesn't stop there. Madison has a stalker who cleans her apartment and along with the fact that she needs to fall in love before she turns 28 because she thinks she will die because her father did at that age. She has two weeks to find the right man. And when T. Larry, her boss finds out what she has planned, her makes it his goal to watch her lik ...more
Tricia
Jun 12, 2009 Tricia rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
I chose to read this book and the 'Drop Dead, Gorgeous!' (note punctuation on other title) because they were near each other on the chick lit shelf of the library. I thought it would be amusing to read and compare the two books, and brought them both on holiday with me.

While the other book had a hint of scifi, was a screwball comedy with a lot of hot sex, this one went the more traditional romance route. In the line of boss/secretary of many years finally have an imperative to fall in love, this
DA4Pups
I fell in love with stuffy, balding, tax accountant T. Larry - what a great H - turned out to be a little alpha. He grew out of his need to plan for the perfect outcome and fell in love with Madison. I liked this book - it made me laugh. The side characters made me laugh too. The suspense revolves around a stalker of the h - a little OTT - but made for some good laughs. I needed a break from my usual. I'm glad I saw this as a 4-star from a GR friend and took a chance.
Lorena
Jan 22, 2012 Lorena rated it really liked it
Madison O'Donnell is the bubbly secretary for T. Laurence Hobbs. She believes she will die of a stroke on her 28th birthday and so makes sure she lives life to the fullest no matter what. In this book she decided two weeks before her birthday that it is time to fall in love.
We see her looking in all the wrong, sometimes even dangerous places when the truth is staring her in the face.

Drop Dead Gorgeous was a funny romance with a twist of danger thrown in to keep readers on their toes. I love tha
Rhonda Greene
Jul 21, 2016 Rhonda Greene rated it did not like it
All of the characters are extremely annoying. Madison is more like a bubbly twit than just "full of life" as the author tries to portray her. I kept questioning why I even took time to finish it. The stupid nicknames, the childish office, the very obvious criminal.....Just skip it
Mar 01, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this. The main character was quirky and an in the moment type of person. She loved to give people nicknames and try to see the best in every person.
Molly Morris
Feb 26, 2014 Molly Morris rated it really liked it
Darling romance with enough zip to keep you entertained and reading.
June Mclain
Enjoy jasmine Haynes as self or Jennifer Skully
Katie
Apr 08, 2016 Katie rated it did not like it
This book is awful. Don't read it!
Marion
Mar 05, 2016 Marion rated it really liked it
cheesy,predictable but good fun. an easy read that didn't make my brain hurt
Netty
Feb 26, 2011 Netty rated it it was ok
I read this as an eBook on my laptop and all though I wasn’t consistent with the read I still found this story a bit irritating and pointless. The name of the main character T.Larry (or nickname, should I say) was annoying. I can't imagine anyone using that as a nickname. Madison was just as bad, she was far to bubble and over positive, and sometimes she came across incredible stupid, just unrealistic for my taste. I thought the storyline was weak and very predictable.

I wouldn’t have brought thi
Courtney
Jul 12, 2014 Courtney rated it it was amazing
Funny parts! Fun and easy read!
Ness
Jul 17, 2011 Ness rated it really liked it
It has been a while since I have read a Mills and Boon. Anyway, this was a sweet, quick read and I did enjoy it. There were some quite funny parts in the book and I always love it when you get to see both main characters thoughts about different situations.

The only thing that I was a little confused by was why the guy on the front of the book had a full head of hair whereas the character was going bald. A little bit of a #Fail right there.
The White
Dec 28, 2008 The White rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance lovers
I want to grab a towel, some suntan lotion, and head to the beach with this one. I found this contemporary romance/comedy to be great! If you are looking for a very light read, a little break from reality, this quick little book is for you. Surprisingly, the characters had a lot of depth. The storyline was engaging. The sex scenes were pretty "wow."
Minnie Gupta
Oct 08, 2012 Minnie Gupta rated it it was ok
Meh. The courtship of one dimensional characters having boring sex. And there's pubic hair. Sometimes I give chick lit a chance because of the pretty covers but often regret it. I found myself wishing Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele would enter this story and both couples would make a murder-suicide pact and go away.
Cherise
Jan 17, 2009 Cherise rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Clever and witty and laugh out loud funny. This was my first book my Jennifer Skully and won't be my last. Her characters had me cracking up and the story made it very hard to set the book down. I couldn't wait to see what happened next!
Christine
Feb 01, 2013 Christine rated it liked it
What a sweet, silly, and funny book.

Such a refreshing change from all the billionaire hunk stories making the rounds these days. T Larry Hobbs is very, very hot in his own nerdy way, and Madison is just a lovely heroine.
Kathleen Cobcroft
Oct 13, 2012 Kathleen Cobcroft rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book
Fluffy read I downloaded from the library to de-stress. The main female character needed a smack for being so trusting of people, but that's a nice change from the usual reasons romance characters need a smack.
Marijayne Stegman
Jul 14, 2012 Marijayne Stegman rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Fun story, a little slow to start but worth it to hang in there. By the end, I was hanging on every word and rooting for both the hero and heroine (as it should be).
P.A. Wilson
Jan 26, 2013 P.A. Wilson rated it really liked it
It started out as a bit of a farce, and then became a great fun read with characters that I loved, or loved to hate.
Erica
Apr 06, 2012 Erica rated it liked it
Okay for what it was a nice beach read or Sunday read when you dont have anything else to read
Paige
Dec 09, 2011 Paige rated it really liked it
Cute book. I am not sure I would read more from this author but It was a funny story.
gert
Feb 18, 2011 gert rated it did not like it
could.not.finish.

why do i keep trying to read jennifer skully books? *shudder*
PJ
Nov 04, 2011 PJ rated it it was ok
First attempt at downloading something from overdrive and reading an e-book.
Janet
Dec 20, 2011 Janet rated it did not like it
Could (should) have skipped this one! Mindless, trite and obvious!
Nicki Roy
Mar 22, 2013 Nicki Roy rated it did not like it
Thank goodness it was free on my kindle!!
Arch
Review coming soon.
heather stuart clark
heather stuart clark marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Onyx
Onyx marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
  • Maggie By The Book (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #2)
  • Home For The Holidays (Kismet, Michigan #1)
  • Sometimes Naughty, Sometimes Nice (Farrel Sisters, #2)
  • Freudian Slip
  • Bachelor Boss
  • Simply Sexy (Simply #5)
  • Night Whispers
  • Making Over Mr. Right (Goddess #3)
  • Who's the Boss?
  • The Boss's Convenient Bride
  • Lip Lock
  • Charmed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #2)
  • Aphrodite's Secret (Superhero Central #3)
  • Cop a Feel (Handcuffs and Happily Ever Afters, #3)
If you like your romantic suspense fast-paced and laced with humor, try award-winning author Jennifer Skully. Jennifer adores quirky characters. The whackier the better! And you’ll find a whole cast of them in each and every Jennifer Skully book. Of course, being in the same body with alter ego Jasmine Haynes, she doesn’t let you down on the hot, sexy love scenes either.

After a long hiatus, Jennif
More about Jennifer Skully...