Start by marking “The Lily Brand” as Want to Read:
The Lily Brand

The Lily Brand

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When she releases an imprisoned Englishman her aunt has bought to be her pleasure slave, a young French beauty has little idea that they will meet again in the crush of Regency England.
Mass Market Paperback, 310 pages
Published June 21st 2005 by Leisure Books

To ask other readers questions about The Lily Brand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lily Brand

Ana T.
Forever Marked: Troy Sacheverell, fifth earl of Ravenhurst, was captured in France. He'd gone to fight Napoleon, but what he found was much more sinister. Dragged from prison to an old French manor on the outskirts of civilization, he was purchased by a rich and twisted beauty. And more dangerous still was the stepdaughter who claimed him.

Lillian had not chosen to live with Camille, her stepmother, but none escaped the Black Widow's web. And on her nineteenth birthday, Lillian became Camille's h
Shannon Daniels
The Lily Brand by Sandra Schwab is a book I'd enjoy much more upon a second reading I think. I hated it at first, because my pet peeve is injustice. When someone helps someone else at his or her own risk, one expects gratitude rather than abuse. I can, in retrospect, make a case for PTSD, however, and find forgiveness through that.

In the end, however, this was NOT a true romance in my opinion. The last few chapters were, but the rest was emotional torture after an opening helping of depravity.
Cecilia F
My my... This is really embarrasing, :$

I read this book in... 2009 maybe, it was during my historic-romance-harlequin phase, I don't even remember how it ended in my hands, my... virtual hands... my... hard drive actually.

Anyway, I wrote an stupid and huge review on my LJ (I was kinda stupid five years ago) and... Sandra Schwab just... commented my entry!! DUDE! It was like the first important thing that had happened in my life E-V-E-R!

It was amazing! 'cause my maternal tongue it's not English
Oleander
The first chapter started off erotic. Two women go to a prison, feel up a man and take him off to serve as a sex slave. It went downhill from there.
One place this story didn't go was in the bedroom. Great pains were taken to show cruelty and perversity, but no sex. The man was beaten into submission and forced to lick cream off the woman, but she was fully clothed.
There is finally an escape and then a rather traditional historical. The woman is a total wimp.
Did not finish.
Julie (jjmachshev)
A very dark and very intense gothic romance.
Jynt
Apart from that rushed ending- sudden realizations of love, killing of the villains, truth freeing deathbed confessions... - everything else was lovely.
Carole-Ann
Weird stuff, doesn't really fall into 'normal' categories; but lots of implied "wow"
Pixelinchen
Ich fands toll, dass es ein echter TH war. Sein kompletter Hass auf Lilian war gut nachvollziehbar. Genauso war es gut gemacht, dass es langsam - v.a. durch die schwulen (!) Freunde - erkennt, dass Lilian ein guter Mensch ist. Sein Groveling ist dementsprchend ebenfalls heftig. Allein das Happy End ist ein wenig zu kurz. Nur ganz zum Schluss sind sie glücklich zusammen, irgendwie reichen die 10 Seiten nicht, um die gesamte stressige Zeit des Anfangs aufzuwiegen. Auch einen Epilog gibt es nicht. ...more
Michelle Mccranie
There's something about this book. I've read it so many times and yet every year or so it pops into my head and won't leave me alone until I read it again....
Holly
The ending kind of fell flat for me but other than that I thought this was such a gorgeous story. Very intense and dark.
Joan
Another great dark romance. A nice change.
mad4rombks
I forgot how intense this was at times.
Zarah
Zarah marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Faith
Faith marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Mel Putri
Mel Putri marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Perry
Perry marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Krystalized
Krystalized marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Lion's Lady (Lions #4)
  • Make Me Yours (Harlequin Blaze, #479)
  • The Shadow and the Star (Victorian Hearts, #2)
  • Beau Crusoe
  • The Spare
  • Whispers of Heaven
  • The Lover (The Lover, #1)
  • Wild at Heart
  • A Promise of Love (Zebra Lovegram)
  • The Seduction (Georgian, #1)
  • Dark Desires (Dark Gothic, #1)
  • Forever in Texas
  • Rake's Progress
  • BIG Temptation
  • A Knight's Honor
  • Once a Rake
  • Celtic Fire (Druids of Avalon, #1)
320347
Sandra Schwab started writing her first novel when she was seven years old. Twenty-odd years later, telling stories is still her greatest passion, even though by now she has exchanged her pink heart-dotted fountain pen for a computer keyboard (black, no hearts). She lives in a suburb of Frankfurt on the Main, Germany, with a cat, a duck, a sewing maching, and altogether too many books.

She is curre
More about Sandra Schwab...
Castle of the Wolf Bewitched Betrayal Springtime Pleasures (A Love for Every Season, #1) The Bride Prize: Allan's Miscellany 1839 (Allan's Miscellany, # 1)