Start by marking “Love By Design” as Want to Read:
Love By Design

Love By Design

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  332 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Love By Design is a fun, flirty, and hot read. In this Sex in the City meets Trading Spaces romp sparks fly on camera as interior designer Victoria Bryce breaks in temporary co-host Aussie Russ Rowland. Arguments over design plans and measurement mishaps ignite passions behind the scenes.
But when the past collides with the present will the foundation they built withstand t
Published October 9th 2011 by Little Hondo Press

To ask other readers questions about Love By Design, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love By Design

Anna Erishkigal
I tend not to like romance books where the two love interests start out expressing their interest in each other by antagonizing one another right out of the starting gate, so I've deducted half a star. If some guy talked to me like that, I'd be like "later, dude..." However, once the 'design' part of the underlying HGTV-style 'Love by Design' home remodeling show starts and there are legitimate -reasons- for those sparks to fly, this book takes off into a light-hearted, fun, and terribly saucy r ...more
Dana Delamar
4.5 stars. I laughed out loud over and over again. There were so many great lines in this! I could definitely see this book being made into a romantic comedy. I liked Victoria quite a bit, and oh man, you can give me a hot Aussie like Russ any day! The secondary characters were well-drawn and the story moves swiftly and effortlessly. It'll go down as nicely as a vodka martini!
Jennifer Probst
The cover got me with this one, and I adore a good contemporary romance. Love By Design did not disappoint. The writing is top notch, and I love the snappy dialogue between Russ and Victoria. Russ is one hot Australian who smokes up the pages. The hero and heroine have sparks from the very beginning. Add in a reality design show and a strip club, and you have everything in one package. Highly recommended!
Isabella Tugman
I won this book in a Good Reads First-Reads Giveaway. Liz, the author, sent me a lovely letter and even signed the book for me.

What a fun romp of a book! I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this romance novel. I love design shows, and especially Australians! You can't go wrong there. This book will have you giggling and your heart racing throughout.
Lindsay
Jan 23, 2013 Lindsay marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 01/23/2013
Kristy
I received this book as a Goodreads Giveaway. I am so glad that I did. I really enjoyed this book. It was funny, lovable, enjoyable and sexy. I enjoyed it so much I immediately bought her other two books.

This book revolves around Victoria Bryce a local socialite who is trying to get away from the family name and to try to create her own name with her home designs. She is a strong female but also has issues letting herself feel for people. Eventually we get to see the ice thaw which is nice.

Russ
Isabella
When Victoria’s regular co-host, Neil, has to a leave of absence, Russ Rowland, steps in to take his place on Design Intervention. Victoria isn’t too pleased with this new arrangement, but reluctantly goes along with it. Bickering over colors and layout designs, sparks are flying all over the set! Everyone can feel the heat these two have for one another. Will these two be able to learn to work together, even when the past haunts their future?

When I saw the cover for “Love By Design,” I signed u
Reviewers for R.N.J
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

*Reviewed by Davia for RNJ

BRIEF SUMMARY
Victoria is an Interior designer with her own show co-hosted with her gay best friend Neil. Victoria has put her wild days on hold to work on her career and keep her judgmental parents quiet. After Neil has to take a leave from the show to take care of his sick mother, sexy Australian handyman Russ Rowland gets the job. Russ came to America to launch his career and get away from bad publicity of his own.

THOUGHT
PepsiGirl
This story worked for me. When you think of any makeover show you immediately think of the hot hunky carpenter. This hot carpenter(Russ Rowland)just happens to be from Australia, but he is moonlighting as a male review dancer, this is a secret. Victoria Bryce is a designer that is trying to get her business established, she is a socialite who has had her time in the tabloids and avoids the paparazzi like the plague. She needs a co-host, and Russ has already hosted a show in Australia and is look ...more
Lori McD
OK, this book is just a steamy, fun, escape book!!! If you're into or have ever been into any of the design makeover shows, like While You Were Out, you'll LOVE this book!

I enjoyed the two main characters. Sure, there's a bit of "what is he or she thinking" going on... and some of the usual, "I can't say it first" stuff... but mostly, this is a book about how two people who shouldn't have ever come across one another do... and fall in love after falling head-long into lust.

They have more in comm
Stephanie
This was very hot! Victoria is kind of a stuck up bitch but she has the best interest, and she's trying not to get hurt but he snarky remarks come on handy when dealing with Russell. Russ is sexy and Australian and they were just made for each other! There witty remarks on the tv show they are hosting and just the way they act! I really didn't think it was going to turn out good for them but I'm glad that it did!
Donna Porter
This was a great short story about Victoria and a an aussie named Russ. Russ is filling in on a tv show for Neil who is on leave. Victoria and Russ find they are attracted to each other and enter into a no strings relationship. Well we all know they don't usually work out and it turns into so much more. you will enjoy this story
Amanda Chalifoux

This sound Like a really good Romance book. I wanna see what happens with Russ and Victoria. I bet they are a good match and a lot of good stuff happens along the way of them getting together and a lot of sparks. I can't wait to read it..

Maria Costantino
Love by Design it had sex and more Sex. I felt sorry for poor guy. His co-host just couldn't get enough of him. All in all she got her man and her show at the end of the book. Running out of books too read I am loving it!!!
Krissys
Love by Design is a funny, spicy, sexy read! Totally loved it! I really loved re-reading it after I found Liz's page and pictured Josh Holloway the entire time. :)
Tara
I really enjoyed reading this book. I loved the characters - hot Aussie, what's not to love? Victoria and Russ sizzled on screen as co-hosts, but also on the page.
Nanee Mcgee
These are some interesting characters, I thought it cute the way they rub each other the wrong way but how they want more, love the Aussie words the girls learn, too funny. The secondary characters are fun and keep the story interesting. When they kiss its very hot love the description the author uses (lol) they both can't help but think about the kiss and want more. When Cupcake (hehe) learns about what Russ does on the side it's quit Humorous. Love their antics on the show and how they can't s ...more
Tracy
This is a great read!! I love the Lingo lesson and the characters have such great chemistry. Hot romance at its best!
Charlie
Omg got this book for free and absolutely loved it. I read it one day had trouble putting it down to eat.
Angie
This was a cute book and I enjoyed that they were interior designers. The ending was so cute.
Desiree
*Disclosure: I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.*

A fun and steamy read!
Andrea
Australians, great dialog, sexy as all get out, what else is there to except, yum!
Yve
Interior design and a hot, sexy Aussie with an extensive tool make for one hot romance!
Kellie Read
A funny, and sexy very good read!!! I enjoyed it very much!!!!!
Yolanda
Fun, sweet and steamy. It's a fun quick read for a lazy afternoon.
Tammy
Loved, loved, loved it!! Funny, sexy and sweet.
Babus
Loved this book! Can't wait to read more from this author!
Stephanie
In Love by Design, Liz Matis tells the story of former party-girl turned successful interior designer Victoria Bryce. As the co-host of a design show (think Trading Spaces), she’s in need of a new partner… apparently on camera and off. Enter “saucy Aussie” Russ Rowland and the sparks are flying. But Victoria and Russ have both their egos and their pasts to get past in order for something like this to work. Before you know it, this sizzling pair have a laundry list of reasons not to be together.

A
  • Undercover Heat
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
  • Under His Command (Six-Alarm Sexy #1)
  • Liar's Fire
  • Love in the Falls: Sam & Camden (New Beginnings, #3)
  • Bayou Born (Fleur de Lis Series, #1)
  • Valentine Babies
  • One Too Many Men
  • The Sweetest Revenge
  • The French Detective's Woman
  • Bayward Heart (Cascade Brides, #2)
  • The Rock Star Next Door
  • Inappropriate Thoughts (Victoria Wilde, #1)
  • Feels Like the First Time
  • Precipice
  • My Everything
  • Crazy for Cowboy
  • Playing at Forever
Liz Matis - Top 30 Bestselling Amazon Author, #12 Nationally Bestselling Author on Nook. She is a mild mannered accountant by day and romance writer by night. I love happy ever afters!
More about Liz Matis...
Playing For Keeps ('Fantasy' Football #1) Going For It ('Fantasy' Football #2) The Quarterback Sneak ('Fantasy' Football, #4) Huddle Up ('Fantasy' Football #3) Real Men Don't Drink Appletinis (Real Men, #1)