Start by marking “Shadows of the Past (Whispers of a Legend #1)” as Want to Read:
Shadows of the Past (Whispers of a Legend #1)

Shadows of the Past (Whispers of a Legend #1)

The legend, they say, is whispered within the winds along the magnificent Preda Mountain Range, the words and deeds never to be forgotten of the Time of the Nuxvenom, a time when the Sordarins crushed the impending threat, the dreaded Asmeodai, and once more Scarladin was safe. The mighty Sordarins, rulers of the sky! No, the Sordarins have slept well over the years secure ...more
Published October 19th 2011 (first published October 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shadows of the Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows of the Past

Brenda Whiteside
Oct 29, 2011 Brenda Whiteside rated it it was amazing
Carrie creates a world full of mystery and magic. Her characters are endearing and complicated. I find Kela, the heroine, most intriguing because she is at once a lovely feminine woman but born to be a warrior. And she has to fight for recognition of her destiny in a world where women aren't allowed to be that strong. All women will cheer for her. Cono, the winged warrior is a luscious hero. Part One was a satisfying read and at the same time left me anxious to read Part Two.
Mimi Barbour
Nov 07, 2011 Mimi Barbour rated it it was amazing
Whispers of a Legend – Carrie James Haynes

I loved the characters in this story and the conflicts kept me intrigued enough to keep turning the pages. Kela, Euchoun, a protector of warriors, is a fearless young miss – a Sordarin – who grabs your heart right from the start. As a small child, her family- betrayed by their own - send the children - baby Sareta, young Falco and Kela - to safety in the protection of an old warrior Turstan and a nanny Gunilda. Years pass until one day, after a short bat
Kimberly
Nov 07, 2011 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: sci-fi/fantasy lovers
Recommended to Kimberly by: Jerri
After posting in a Goodreads group asking authors to review their books I was approached by Carrie James Haynes to review her book. I was so excited to read it and I would like to thank Carrie for allowing me the opportunity to review her book.

I have to say that the author did a nice job with the world building in this book. She did an amazing job with Kela (my favourite character and the protagonist). I love how strong she was and how much she cared for her family. I enjoyed seeing her grow as
AshleyNicole Shelton
This is a story of a young woman banished to a forbidden forest. Over the years she spends her learning to control her power so that one day she can find her rightful place as a royal, beside her brother and sister, an Euchoun bonded to her love, and the Chosen. There is romance and magical beings. All in all, a good read
Maeve Greyson
Nov 28, 2011 Maeve Greyson rated it it was amazing
Yes. I gave this five stars before reading it through but I don't have to read a story in it's entirety to know it's my kind of read. When you know it's right - it's right from the very beginning. I look forward to finishing this book and then moving on to read Part Two.
NVTony
Jun 02, 2012 NVTony rated it it was amazing
Liked the premise & enjoyed following along as author led me with delightful prose. Found I could envision world & experiences of characters. Just type of story to escape for a few hours.
Caroline
Jan 25, 2012 Caroline rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book and finished it in a day or so. The only problem with it is that it is far too short and I cannot wait to read the next instalment.
Jakenv
Jun 25, 2012 Jakenv rated it it was amazing
This is one not to be missed. Characters you will find interesting a plot to admire.
Irene
Jan 25, 2012 Irene rated it liked it
Shelves: book-for-free
It was an interesting read, mostly because it kept me wondering for what age group it was supposed to be written. For the first 30-40 pages on my e-reader I thought it was something for early teens. By the page 60 (I think) I was more like saying it was for middle teens. And on the last 6 pages there happened to be a sex scene!

And when I'm saying that I thought it was meant for early teens I don't actually mean whether it was clean or not, I mean the language and the structure of the sentences (
Selina
Nov 21, 2013 Selina rated it liked it
This book was okay. Although it was an interesting concept, it was a bit confusing and I hated that the main character seemed weak(at least to me so it may not be like that to others). But overall this book was pretty good.
Ebony
Mar 28, 2013 Ebony rated it it was ok
A very very short story where the plot is rushed. I felt that half the story was unwritten so that a sequel could be written.
Kristy Dye
Kristy Dye rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Pamela Scott
Pamela Scott rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2012
Wanda
Wanda rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2012
Charly
Charly rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2012
Emilie Pedersen
Emilie Pedersen rated it really liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Latasha Oliver
Latasha Oliver rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2014
Katreena
Katreena rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2012
Carol Fitzsimons
Carol Fitzsimons rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Missie Kurr
Missie Kurr rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2013
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Curtis Brenneman
Curtis Brenneman rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Witness
Witness rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2012
Sharon
Sharon rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2012
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Pia
Pia rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2014
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Jerri Hines
Jerri Hines rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Building a SciFi/...: Whispers of a Legend Contest! 1 5 Nov 03, 2011 10:45AM
  • Cherry Kisses (Shadowfae)
  • Bound Angel
  • American Virgin, Volume 3: Wet
  • Spellbound
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • The Last Enchantress
  • Primeval: Extinction Event
  • The Accidental Groupie (The Accidental Groupie, #1)
  • The Little Dragons
  • Darkest Hour
  • Journey of Honor
  • The Labyrinth
  • The Gauntlet Thrown (Gauntlet Trilogy, #1)
  • Five Shades of Fantasy
  • Soul Ties (Soul Ties, #1)
  • Happily Ever After (Girls to the Rescue #1)
  • 24 Bones
  • Caressed by a Crimson Moon (Rulers of Darkness, #3)

Whispers of a Legend (4 books)
  • Whispers of a Legend: The Path Now Turned (Whispers of a Legend #2)
  • Whispers of a Legend: Vision of Destiny (Whispers of a Legend #3)
  • Whispers of a Legend: Time of the Nuxvenom (Whispers of a Legend #4)