Start by marking “Ghost in the Blood (Ghosts, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ghost in the Blood (Ghosts, #3)

Ghost in the Blood (The Ghosts #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  384 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Caina is a Ghost nightfighter, one of the Emperor’s elite spies and assassins, and few enemies of the Empire ever escape her cunning.

Yet all Caina’s wit and skill might not be enough to save her from a terrible fate.

Sent to hunt down a cruel slave trader, Caina encounters something far darker. An ancient evil, a thing of legend and terror.

A creature that wants to corrupt
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2011 by Jonathan Moeller (first published September 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Ghost in the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghost in the Blood

Great story line - similar to Sarah J Maas' Assassin series, unfortunately it hasn't been proof read properly (by a human) with grammatical errors, many words in sentences out of context, and many sentences missing crucial words. It's a shame, as this is a really great series (so far) - but the poor English just distracts from the book.
Catherine Mcgowan
now its getting better the story and the he's not repeating himself to much, still script style writing but it's now getting longer in his discretion and also felt like I was feeling her pain and desertion at the end of the book.
Enjoyed this one. Nice use of ghosts, horrible villains. Climax seemed a bit rushed to me. The analyst ghost was awesome. Nice to get some story lines wrapped up. Loved the emphasis on necessity of forgiveness.
I really like these stories for a quick and easy read. But there is really no excuse for not having a professional editor. It is just sloppy and distracting.
Caina, Halfdan and Ark are headed to Marsis this time, where an old enemy is heavily involved in trading slaves to noble houses. But it quickly turns out that the slave trade is far from the worst evil the group with the help of the local Ghost circle has to face: There is dark sorcery at work here, of the most horrifying and powerful kind that makes everything Caina and her friends have faced before pale in comparison.
Another thrilling, fast-paced adventure with lots of action and a nice cast
I love this series. Didn't know what to expect at first, but it's very intense and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Love the twists, and Caina's strength. But that she STILL has that bit of humanity left in her that makes her vulnerable... in a good way. Great read.
Caina reminds me of the television character in the show Alias. She always finds herself in these really bad situations with power hungry sorcerers who just want a piece of her. I had to finish this book in one sitting.
Ahh, this is by far better than the first two books. What Caina had to face seemed to be impossible odds. The ending was incredible satisfying and left amazing closure for a certain character that I will not spoil. What a ride.
Kim Osborn
Terrific book I am in awe of your ability. The art almost put me off, but I would bet a lot of people would kick themselves if they pass on any of your books, I am so glad I read the first one, then I was hooked. Well done.
Nicole Trainor
More progress on the Caina story, which was good, but still not matching up to the magic that was Child of the Ghosts. A quick read.
Craig Parkinson
excelent well paced and a cant put down book
Robert Quigley
Robert Quigley marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Sarah added it
Oct 04, 2015
Ryan added it
Oct 04, 2015
Nate Koflanovich
Nate Koflanovich marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Nrere added it
Sep 15, 2015
  • Traces of Grey (Alexis Stanton Chronicles, #4)
  • Winter's Warrior: Mark of the Monarch (Winter's Saga, #4)
  • Seer's Hope (The Seer Trilogy, #1)
  • Reaper (End of Days, #1)
  • Blood of the Emperor (The Annals of Drakis, #3)
  • Sword of Fire and Sea (The Chaos Knight, #1)
  • Unmemorable (Unmemorable, #1)
  • What To Do With Lore (Contact,#1)
  • Shifter Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys #2)
  • Vigilant
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume One
  • Iron Butterfly
  • Of Gods and Elves (The Godling Chronicles, #2)
  • Eye of the Wizard (Misfit Heroes #1)
  • Forgotten In Darkness (Scimitar Magi, #2)
  • Reaper (The Guardian Legacies, #2)
  • Light & Shadow: The Complete Series
  • Chaos (Agents of Evil, #2)

The Ghosts (9 books)
  • Child of the Ghosts (Ghosts, #1)
  • Ghost in the Flames (Ghosts, #2)
  • Ghost in the Storm (Ghosts, #4)
  • Ghost in the Stone (Ghosts, #5)
  • Ghost in the Forge (Ghosts, #6)
  • Ghost in the Ashes (Ghosts, #7)
  • Ghost in the Mask (Ghosts, #8)
  • Ghost in the Surge (Ghost #9)
Child of the Ghosts (Ghosts, #1) Demonsouled (Demonsouled, #1) Ghost in the Storm (Ghosts, #4) Ghost in the Flames (Ghosts, #2) Soul of Serpents (Demonsouled, #3)