Start by marking “Dark Water (Siren, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dark Water (Siren, #3)
Preview

Dark Water (Siren #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  960 ratings  ·  72 reviews
When seventeen-year-old Vanessa reunites with her biological mother, she faces the dilemma of a siren's existence, that in order to survive she must endanger the lives of those she loves most.
Published July 10th 2012 by Egmontusa (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Water

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan DennardEndlessly by Kiersten WhiteBefore I Wake by Rachel VincentSuch a Rush by Jennifer EcholsJust for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
July 2012
23rd out of 63 books — 137 voters
Of Poseidon by Anna BanksForgive My Fins by Tera Lynn ChildsTempest Rising by Tracy DeebsEverblue by Brenda PandosRipple by Mandy Hubbard
YA Mermaid Novels
60th out of 130 books — 662 voters

More lists with this book...

Lena
Mar 13, 2012 Lena added it
I know the book isnt out yet, but i still want to write a review anyway.
love the siren series by tricia rayburn.
I love Parker from book 2 and i hoped venessa would end up him but NO... Of course she would end up with SIMON ... Not that he is horrid or something i just like parker more....
I am i the only one that feels this way :( ????
I am SO looking forward to this book buy PLEASE make it come out sooner :) thanks
Mitch
There are times when the series completionist in me has to read a book even though nothing good can come of it. This is one of those times. I'm not exaggerating - not much anyway. Dark Water's not as bad as Undercurrent, ok few books are as bad as Undercurrent, but it is really really dull. In fact, it's probably one of the more pointless sequels I've ever read.

I mean, not much goes on for most of this book. Vanessa, well she broke up with Simon in Undercurrent in a really bizarre twist of event
Samantha
I had enjoyed the first two books in the series much more than this one. But I didn't absolutely love them. I had a problem with the writing style, and the way Rayburn liked to just skip the action parts and replay them later in their mind. It made it difficult to move from one scene to another, and you never get the full details.

I didn't particularly like the ending to the book either. It left too many things unresolved, and it didn't make it seem like there would be another book after it. It
AylianInvasion
I liked the first two books of this series, but for some reason I couldn't get into this book. The pacing of the book was extremely slow and all the action happened in the end. The "bad guy" (view spoiler) was obvious from the beginning. The majority of the book consisted of Vanessa pining after Simon and hanging out at the restaurant she works at. This book was just okay.
Bec ♥ Live for the ones you love ♥
I'm going to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to this book and I don't know why. Turns out, I really enjoyed this book, and the characters. Some of the plot was a bit predictable but that's about it.
Andréia
Review in portuguese by blog MON PETIT POISON

Ando com medo de chegar aos finais de séries, cada vez mais tenho certeza do meu pensamento ‘os autores não bolam a série livro a livro, é como se eles escrevessem no sentimento e com isso temos livros ou momentos sem pé nem cabeça, onde a gente percebe que foi enrolado e/ou o autor fugiu da sua linha de raciocínio do início e quando vamos analisar friamente, quase percebemos que a maioria das séries poderiam se resumir em um único livro.’

Eu gostei ma
Hayden
Mar 15, 2015 Hayden marked it as wishlist
That cover is goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorgeous.
Becky Keir Grace
Finishing up the Siren trilogy left me without strong feelings either way. It is an average book. Vanessa and Paige are both sirens and back in Winter Harbor for another summer. Paige becomes the manager at her grandmother’s restaurant, although the once popular tourist destination is now empty. People are staying away from the town after all the deaths over the past year. Vanessa’s family is selling the lake house and just purchased a nice and expensive beach house. Well aware of Vanessa’s situ ...more
Nafiza
Jul 18, 2013 Nafiza rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
Dark Water is the last installment in the Siren trilogy and unfortunately, in my opinion, the weakest one of them all. I enjoyed the first two books immensely. In a genre that was suddenly flooded with mermaids (pardon the pun), I thought Rayburn’s portrayal of sirens was original and refreshing. Her writing was strong as was her portrayal of bloodthirsty sirens. Dark Water flounders a bit because I felt it didn’t have a clear plot and direction. There were too many questions that remained unans ...more
Tiffany (About to Read)
Tricia Rayburn mixes mythology, murder mystery, and romance in her phenomenal Siren trilogy. While I didn’t enjoy Dark Water quite as much as I did Siren or Undercurrent it was still a great read. The biggest question at the end of Undercurrent was whether or not Simon and Vanessa would be able to repair their relationship after the Parker incident. Watching the rest of Simon and Vanessa’s story unfold was truly enjoyable.

Even though the romance is one of my favorite parts of the story, it has a
Alyssa
I first read an ARC copy of Siren, and I loved it so much that I emailed Tricia Rayburn to make sure there was going to be a sequel (and yes, she did respond). I gave that one 4 stars. Then I read Undercurrent, which I gave 3 stars. And now Dark Water only gets 2 stars.

This entire book seemed pretty pointless to me. The main "conflict" (random deaths, Vanessa learning about her powers, etc) was basically buried by her obsession with Simon. At this point, I don't even care anymore. I just kept th
ALM188
Overall I was very disappointed with this series. The cover on the first novel was fantastic and I had to buy it based on the jacket.

But the second and now this third installment were not up to par. The only siren/mermaid series that was decent was OF POSEIDON. I'm not sure if sirens are just hard to write about since most of their lives depend on water and it is just odd for us to "go" there with the characters or what, but several attempts at this underwater mythological creature have left me
Sophie
Rok temu Vanessa nagle straciła ukochaną siostrę. Tego samego lata odkryła, że jej dziedzictwo jest związane z mrocznymi, mitologicznymi istotami i to na zawsze odmieniło jej życie. Dowiedziała się, że tak naprawdę jest potomkinią rodu okrutnych Syren, które nie dadzą łatwo o sobie zapomnieć. Aby przetrwać, musi dopuścić się najgorszego czynu znanego ludzkości. Czyhało na nią prawdziwe niebezpieczeństwo i żeby się z nimi zmierzyć musiała zaakceptować kim naprawdę jest, do czego jest zdolna oraz ...more
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
This review was originally published at Fluttering Butterflies

I seriously adore the Siren series, and I was absolutely thrilled and excited to read the third and final book in the series, Abyss by Tricia Rayburn. At times throughout reading this series I have become a bit confused, sometimes about sirens and sometimes by events that happened in previous books, but what really stands out for me when I'm reading these books are Vanessa as a character and also her relationship with Simon.

Especiall
WJ
I don't know why I keep tormenting myself like this. I didn't enjoy the previous two installments in this series but when I came across Dark Waters I couldn't help but to get my hands on this book, if only to see how the series would end. Out of the trilogy, I think this was probably the most inoffensive but it had very little to offer in terms of plot development and character growth.

By the previous book's end, Vanessa has destroyed the Winter Harbour sirens including Raina and the evil Zara. S
M.M. Roethig
I love this series, but I didn't love this book. The writing was good, the plot captured my attention, the problem was resolved, but I didn't feel resolution while reading. In fact, I actually had to skip to the end so I could read the last chapters first because I was getting frustrated with the way it was going. I LOVE Simon!!! I wanted good things for him and couldn't wait to find out what happened. I would start to read, then I would get frustrated and put it down only to be plagued with tho ...more
Камелия Йовчева
I feel sorry that this book didn't quite grab my attention as to make me read it in one breath..I liked the idea and this third book appealed to me and I found it more interesting than the other two...the plot is either moving too fast or too slow at moments that don't need much attention...The final was somehow predictable but all things concidered i am a little confused about how i feel about the whole serie as a whole..left with mixed feelings indeed !
Julie
This was a mostly satisfying conclusion to the Siren series. I was hooked by the book, even though it was easy to figure out who was behind the murders.

I only have one problem with the series: The author never tells us how Vanessa will live our the rest of her life as a siren. (spoiler alert)

It seems at the end of the book that she is ok with killing people to keep herself alive. After she survives the siren attack, there is hardly a mention of her future as a siren. How is she going to live w
Darcie
Vanessa has discovered a lot about herself in the past year. She found out her true heritage - she’s a siren. She even found her birth mother. Now she and her family have returned to Winter Harbor, only to discover that events are similar to last year. Girls are turning up dead, and Vanessa fears that people in town have learned that there are sirens. She and her friends must figure out what’s going on - not just for Vanessa’s safety. For Paige’s, too. For everyone’s.

This is an excellent additi
Susan Francis
There are several plots intertwined surrounding Vanessa, the protagonist in this book. She has just graduated from senior high and is spending the summer in Winter Harbour, the small seaside town in Maine she and her family have always gone to in the holidays - returning despite the awful thing that happened there last summer...

My detailed review is available at: http://soozbookreviews.blogspot.co.uk...

I suspect this is another case of an author under contractual obligation to write a trilogy bu
Jade Herrera
I was very disappointed in this book. I really liked Siren, but as I read the other books, my fondness for the book gradually decreased. I actually had to finish reading this just for the sake of finishing something I started.

The book looked rushed, the plot was cliche and I felt bad about Colin, it was pure injustice. I didn't like the idea that just because Vanessa was the main character she didn't get punished for killing Colin even if it was an accident. It just wasn't fair. I don't care if
Guitar Chick
During the last section of the book, I was ready to give it four stars. Things were moving along pretty quickly, and Vanessa had give up on the annoying whiny things. And then came the end.
Cop-out after cop-out, the ending was a horrbile end to a mediocre series. While the book was better written than it's predecessors, it still focused on Vanessa's whining and feelings which we're already very familiar with due to previous books. I mean, seriously, GET OVER IT.
I've never wanted to reach into a
Plaama
Мнението ми накратко за цялата поредица... От зле та на по-зле... Книжките имат късмет, че и без това умирах от скука, а и нямах по-добро занимание.
Jamie
Good book! not as great as the first book, but a great story to end the series! look forward to read other books by this author.
Claudia
New foes, more adventure and the return of favourite characters ends Vanessa sands discovery of sirens and what it entails.
Valerie Barnett
This book was really a huge let down. The first book was pretty good, the second not so great, the third, boring and pointless. There was the same ongoing torment as the first two and this one really had no ties to the first ones as sequels usually do. It really was pointless, no closure was given to Vanessa's problems that plagued her through the whole series, and trust me, it could have been possible, I even thought of a few ways it could have been done. Also, each book had parts in it that we ...more
Dakka
The book itself was wonderful. All of my questions were answered and summed up beautifully; however, I was still left with wanting to know more. I feel as if the trilogy was ended too abruptly.
Kirsten
An interesting resolution to the series, though I'm a bit disturbed at the supposed OK-ness of what Vanessa needs to do to survive as a siren.
Gem
blah, teenage he loves me he loves me not crap
  • Fury's Fire (Siren's Storm, #2)
  • Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2)
  • Waking Storms (Lost Voices, #2)
  • Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2)
  • The Savage Blue (The Vicious Deep #2)
  • Tidal Whispers
  • Stormswept (Ingo, #5)
  • Just for Fins (Fins, #3)
  • May (Daughters of the Sea, #2)
  • Selkie Girl
  • Merrow
  • Evergreen (Mer Tales, #2)
  • Siren's Call (Dark Tides #1)
  • The Secret of the Emerald Sea
  • In Great Waters
  • Wrecked
  • Fins
  • Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (Real Mermaids, #2)
Tricia Rayburn lives on eastern Long island with her fiancé and crazy shih tzu. She tries to eat vegetables instead of candy but, in her weaker moments, loves Reese's Pieces. The Melting of Maggie Bean is her first novel.
More about Tricia Rayburn...

Siren (3 books)
  • Siren (Siren, #1)
  • Undercurrent (Siren, #2)
Siren (Siren, #1) Undercurrent (Siren, #2) The Melting of Maggie Bean (Maggie Bean, #1) Maggie Bean Stays Afloat (Maggie Bean, #2) Ruby's Slippers