Start by marking “Brother, Betrayed” as Want to Read:
Brother, Betrayed

Brother, Betrayed

One brother will betray the others with such treachery that it will change the destiny of Miscia forever.

The three princes hear this prophecy, and they will discover how far it will drive them to explore love, loyalty, and their own souls.

The princes are bound by loyalty to each other and their kingdom. When conflict comes to their land, their ascension into power is darke
Published September 1st 2011 by Fantasy Island Book Publishing (first published April 16th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Brother, Betrayed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brother, Betrayed

Connie Jasperson
I loved the tale. The struggle between Syah and his brothers is certainly epic. There is a lot of really intense action and great prose. I couldn't put it down!Tad Williams, 'The Dragon Bone Chair'; Danielle Raver, 'Brother, Betrayed'

Brother, Betrayed by indie author Danielle Raver was a real pleasure to read! Raver has created a very real world, called Miscia. The three brothers, Oman, Fasime and Syah are very close and love each other very much, although they each have widely divergent intere
Gary Hoover
Jun 24, 2011 Gary Hoover rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In broad terms, Brother betrayed is a grand, epic fantasy-adventure, and as such it has the sort of travel, adventure, swordplay, knights, kingdoms and battles that would be expected of such a work.

But there's much more to it than that.

It's also the story of three brothers. Each of those brothers have unique personalities and interests and the author defines those differences subtly but masterfully. A glance here a comment there and without any overstatement, the reader gets a feel for these cha
Rachel Tsoumbakos
Let's get started by saying that I LOVED this book!

It is exactly what happens when you take a whole bunch of Arthurian tales along with a large chunk of Tolkien's world, tear them up into little pieces and then stitch them all back together.

At no point in time did I ever question the validity of the world in which I had been placed. It is painted beautifully. The descriptions of both place and person are rich in detail.

Who would I recommend this book to? This book is a work fantasy, so anyone
Douglas Sanburn
Brother, Betrayed is an excellent book that fans of Robert Jordan's writing will become thoroughly engrossed in. The vivid landscape and characters paint a beautiful portrait of a world on the edge of change. The three brother's are unique but, at the same time, familiar. Everyone has known an Oman, Syah and Fasime and watching them on their adventure is like being with friends.

Danielle Raver has a solid command of dialogue and narrative. It takes very little time to be transported away into her
Scott
Oct 07, 2011 Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cool-indie-books
Just finished reading this book and loved it! The story is wonderful, but the thing that pulled me in and hooked me was the relationship between the brothers. Each brother has a distinct personality, and as you watch them interact you begin to really care about them. Their dialogue is perfect! The writing is also superb, and the book left me hoping that Danielle continues writing more stories in the land of Miscia!
Aunt
one of the best books I've read in a long time and I am eager to read whatever sequels or prequels that she writes.
Roxanne Barbour
Sep 07, 2012 Roxanne Barbour rated it it was amazing
Blurb:
What would you give to protect your brother? Would you sacrifice all you cherish and desire to save his life?
And what would you do if he betrayed you?
Full of loyalty and courage, vengeance and loss, Brother Betrayed is an engaging tale of brotherhood, set in the fantastical world of Miscia.

This novel has everything that a grand fantasy should offer.
The brothers (princes) are depicted perfectly. Great characterization overall.
The plot was well developed, although I thought the pace could b
Nicky
May 01, 2012 Nicky rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Over all this book was pretty good. I really got into it towards the end, and then it does end at a super important epic battle....so now i need to find the second book. Sometimes it felt like the author was just writing to use up some space, but most of the time it was really interesting, and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to ready more from this author.
James Harris
Mar 01, 2012 James Harris rated it liked it
Was looking for a Martin or Salvatore type book with this novel, but it's not as action-oriented.
Idameth Ramos
Dec 29, 2012 Idameth Ramos rated it really liked it
It's a series. This is book one, waiting for the second. Interesting.
Croaker
Feb 20, 2012 Croaker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very disappointed. The characters were lifeless caricatures and the world felt pale and lifeless. Beyond the idea, there was nothing to recommend this book. The dialog and combat scenes were poorly done and all the characters seemed like flat stereotypes.
Mary
Mar 29, 2014 Mary rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
read the first couple chapters, then the last. Just didn't grab my interest enough to read through.
Walt Barna
Walt Barna rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2012
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2012
Henza R.
Henza R. rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2011
Travis
Travis rated it liked it
May 27, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Glenn
Glenn rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2012
Achim Köppen
Achim Köppen rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2011
Debbie Allen
Debbie Allen rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2012
Dee Jordan
Dee Jordan rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Kathy Henderson
Kathy Henderson rated it really liked it
May 24, 2015
Damien Wilson
Damien Wilson rated it really liked it
May 12, 2015
Joey Blashaw
Joey Blashaw rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Karryle
Karryle rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Lili
Lili rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2011
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2016
J. Darroll Hall
J. Darroll Hall rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2011
Randall
Randall rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Last Good Knight (Billy's Revenge #1)
  • Amulet (DragonBlade #1)
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Two #1
  • The Blood Gate
  • Wishing Stars: Space Opera Fairytales
  • Black Numbers, Edition One
  • A Real Piece of Work  (Dakota Stevens, #1)
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • The Hero Chronicles: A Complete Collection
  • Dawn of War (Blood War, #1)
  • Eve of Destruction
  • Return of the Legacy (The Portals of Destiny, #1)
  • Emeline and the Mutants
  • Son of Ereubus (Guardians of Legend, #1)
  • Alana Weatherbee (Alana Weatherbee, #1)
  • Freedom Flyers: The Tuskegee Airmen of World War II
  • The Shadowbearer (Aegis of The Gods, #1.5)
  • Gamers (Gamers, #1)

Danielle is a counselor and the mother of two baby boys. Besides writing, she loves drawing, reading the classics, studying foreign languages, and attempting to garden. She adores romantic paintings, classical and folk music, lasagna, and cheesecake, and she always makes a wish at 11:11. She lives in Alabama with her children and her husband, Jason.
More about D.M. Raver...

“A grim expression came over Syah’s face. “The colt you speak of lost its mother during a storm. If this stallion was that colt, it is not just wild, it is insane. That horse will break your bones.”

“And that will be a worthy end, a prince struck down by such a noble steed.”

Fasime pushed himself off the support of the fence, but Oman grabbed his arm.

“It’s not worth it, Brother.”

“I can tame him.”

“What will we tell Mother and Father if he kills you?” Oman questioned.

“Tell them I gave my life with pride. Do not punish him if he kills me. Release him back into the wild, and my spirit will ride him into the mist.”
6 likes