Start by marking “In the House of the Wicked (Remy Chandler, #5)” as Want to Read:
In the House of the Wicked (Remy Chandler, #5)

In the House of the Wicked (Remy Chandler #5)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  414 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Once he was known as the angel Remiel, but generations ago Boston PI Remy Chandler chose to renounce Heaven and live on Earth, where he found a secure place among us ordinary humans…

Though he may appear human, Remy has always been able to rely on Remiel—the embodiment of his angelic nature—whenever the situation called for it. But now his human and angelic natures are shar
Paperback, 1st Edition, 336 pages
Published August 7th 2012 by Roc Trade

To ask other readers questions about In the House of the Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the House of the Wicked

Cold Days by Jim ButcherThe Blinding Knife by Brent WeeksThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussTricked by Kevin HearneA Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison
Adult Fantasy & Sci-Fi 2012
117th out of 421 books — 835 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
384th out of 623 books — 1,782 voters

More lists with this book...

Colleen
Ugh....I can't believe I have to wait until August 2012....Oh the agony :)
Cathy
I wasn't sure there would be another book in this series after the last one seemed to reach a bit of a resolution. Plus the author's beloved dog, Mulder, who was the inspiration for Marlowe, passed away. But clearly his new boy, Kirby, is continuing to inspire him. Loving pets is like that, heartbreaking and wonderful at the same time. He even writes in the book about the girl in the story, Ashley, losing her cat, and showed the circle of life when Remy ended up getting Marlowe to comfort her. B ...more
Ranting Dragon

In the House of the Wicked is the fifth installment in the Remy Chandler series by New York Times bestselling author, Thomas Sniegoski.

Remy Chandler, a Boston-based private investigator, isn’t your typical private eye; while he wears the guise of a human, he is actually much more: a fallen angel. Once known as Remiel of the Heavenly Host Seraphim, Remy left Heaven of his own accord after witnessing the destruction and bloodshed of Lucifer Morningstar’s war
Jeff
The magic of life, sorcerers, reluctant Seraphim & damned angels swirl together for another fine Remy Chandler adventure. Loved every bit of this read.
Fangs for the Fantasy
An ancient cabal of sorcerers once performed an incredibly powerful, but incredibly dark ritual that empowered them all – or would have had they not then turned their great powers against one another.

Decades have passed since that moment and these sorcerers have been changed, driven by unnatural hunger – and preying on each other. The oldest and most powerful of them is plotting to repeat his ritual – but on a much grander scale, with the help of a fallen choir of angels, he can bring death on a
***Dave Hill
Another Remy Chandler book, a mixture of both fascinating and frustrating.

On the fascinating side, it's interesting to see a meta-plot falling into place, a grand story arc leading to a war between Heaven and Hell. It was also good to see more of Steve Mulvehill and Ashley the Neighbor Girl again; both had good roles to play and intersting stories to tell.

On the frustrating side ... ugh, yet another of obtrusive world-building comes into play. So there are human sorcerers in the world? Really? A
Darcy
A very slow start to this one. With the jacket talking about Ashley being kidnapped, I expected more of her in the book, something I was excited about. Up to now we have just seen glimpses of Ashley, jumping in to help Remy with Marlowe, but she really didn't figure into things until the end. Granted I liked what happened with her, but I thought it would be more. The same could be said for Linda and Mulvehill.

Remy is still dating Linda, something I like, but other than being the back up for Mar
Kathy Davie
Fifth in the Remy Chandler urban fantasy series about a man, er, an angel and his dog in Boston.

My Take
Whoa, this was a bit of a departure! Admittedly it's still the supernatural, but it goes way beyond merely supernatural! The story swings between 1945 and today as Sniegoski fills us in on the back history of today's events, pulling in the trauma of World War II and staking a claim on the fear people have for the Apocalypse. This is one of the well-done ones that don't leave you wondering throu
Karissa
This is the fifth book in the Remy Chandler series. Like the last book, this story is told from many different POVs. However for this book it works much better than it did for the previous one.

A woman who is like a daughter to Remy, Ashley, is kidnapped and it is up to Remy to find her. Remy finds that she has been taken by a once-formidable sorcerer who wants vengeance against all who have hurt him. The sorcerer wants to use Remy as a weapon and Remy wants to rescue Ashley..but can he stop the
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Genre* Urban Fantasy, Angels
*Rating* 4.0

*Review*

“In the House of the Wicked” is the fifth installment in the Remy Chandler series. I am very surprised and shocked that more people haven't read this series. What's not to like? You have a charismatic and strong male lead character that just happens to be a private investigator and the Seraphim named Remiel.

Remy gave up everything during the battle between Heaven and Lucifer in order to help humanity and later fell in love only to lose her to old
Metagion
Wonderful--if you love angels, magick, and "all Hell breaking loose," you'll LOVE this book! Broken up in different narratives, it gives you the POV of the characters as the story unfolds, and it can be a *little* jarring, but it's not bad. My only wish is that Remy (and other angels) walk among us...or do they? Great action from beginning to end, and has enough exposition so that if you *just* read this book and not others in the series, you won't be lost or confused. Great read :)
Pauline
There are a lot of surprises in this installment of the Remy Chandler series, and all of them either interesting or very good. The best thing about Remy is despite his heritage as Seraphim, he chose to live "human", among humans. Of course, by doing so, he got to have a dog...a wonderful character called Marlowe who is every bit as big a part of any plot/story as the human or nonhuman characters. He always brings humor and affection into the picture.

I don't know where Tom Sniegoski gets his ide
David
Remy Chandler is a good protagonist. He has the dual nature to make the stories interesting. It is a good plot point to make the angel part of his nature the more violent and cruel side, wanting to always punish and strike out. His human side is much more compassionate.
Susan Carpenter
Not the best Remy Chandler book in the series, but good enough that I will sample the next book. Without giving away what happens, the major conflicts are resolved without a happy ending. The author also sets up the next book without an OMG-cliffhanger ending. Thank you!
Rosalind Hoenig
Better than the last one. Now on to the last in the Remy Chandler series
Michele Bulmann
I love the character Remy, but I did have a problem wrapping my head around the idea that someone could steal his powers, leaving him defenseless. I mean, he's an angel warrior after all, the hero. I like the idea of him struggling between his human self and his angel nature but having someone so easily take his power? Just didn't do it for me. I found myself skipping pages to get to the end to see if he got them back.
Kevin Svendsen
I have enjoyed this series in the past and hope to enjoy it in the future, but this installment was missing something for me. I was left wanting more, and not in the good way. There were characters whose lines were left unfulfilled, and not in a way that suggests sequels. In essence there was not enough denouement to close this installment effectively.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This series is very close to horror. The golem myth incorporation was really interesting, and of course, I'm always gaga for angels. Some of the violent elements were disturbing, especially with children being harmed. Nevertheless, this was very good.

Reviewed for Bitten by Books. http://bittenbybooks.com.

Brian Mazur
As in every previous book in this series, this was an awesome read. What I like most is the sensitivity with which the books are written. This is no exception. Great action and compassion balance for some great reading in House of the Wicked. Of course, the usual fully rounded characters drive the story.
Rob
Not much to say. It's the latest Remy Chandler book. The plot isn't too deep, but the premise characters are interesting.

I consider this one of my guilty pleasure books. It's a quick read and I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next one.
James
A very good book and series. I could barely put it down and I finished it quickly like I did the other books. Well written and the shifting perspectives made for a delightful read. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Arthur Zhang
Debbie
ok -- this is not great fiction but it is a very fun series of angels vs demons. Remy Chandler is an angel who chooses to live on Earth instead of heaven. It's the 5th and I will probably read the next one too.
Commentary
I was thinking this book was going to be three stars because it is a bit weird and confusing. But Sniegoski always delivers the suspense. It is 3.5 stars but I am going with 4 because I do respect this author.
Megan Upshaw
Stands alone, but not as well as some of the previous Remy books. You can definitely see that Sniegoski is building to some sort of major climax in a future novel. I cannot wait until the next one comes out.
Readin'ruth
I read these out of habit I think. It's not the worst thing I've ever read but it's so formulaic. These books come out so infrequently - I kind of forget that between them.
Janice
I really, really like this series. Blew through this one in two days. Gotta lay off for a while though, there's only one more in the series so far.
Leslie Stovring
This series is a very interesting take on the history of angels and how they interact with humanity, yet still provides a good mystery to solve.
Penny
Not my favorite one in this series, but a good read. Got me all hyped up for the next one. Good job Mr. Sniegoski!
Sharon
Good addition to this series, thought not my favorite. The lead into the next book was good...can't wait!
  • Circle of Enemies (Twenty Palaces, #3)
  • Live and Let Drood (Secret Histories, #6)
  • Dead Waters (Simon Canderous, #4)
  • Unquiet Dreams (Connor Grey, #2)
  • Doubletake (Cal Leandros, #7)
  • A Wolf at the Door (Jesse James Dawson, #3)
  • Stones Unturned (The Menagerie, #3)
  • Hell Bent (Broken Magic, #1)
  • Lucifer: The Morningstar Option
  • Evil Dark (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation, #2)
  • Burned (Void City, #4)
THOMAS E. SNIEGOSKI is the author of more than two dozen novels for adults, teens, and children. His teen fantasy YA series Fallen was adapted into a trilogy of monstrously successful TV movies by ABC Family Channel. His other books for teens include Sleeper Code, Sleeper Agenda, and Force Majeure, as well as the upcoming series The Brimstone Network. The author's first adult novel, A Kiss Before ...more
More about Thomas E. Sniegoski...

Remy Chandler (7 books)
  • A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler, #1)
  • Dancing on the Head of a Pin (Remy Chandler, #2)
  • Where Angels Fear to Tread (Remy Chandler, #3)
  • A Hundred Words for Hate (Remy Chandler, #4)
  • Walking In the Midst of Fire (Remy Chandler, #6)
  • A Deafening Silence In Heaven (Remy Chandler, #7)
The Fallen and Leviathan (The Fallen, #1-2) Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4) End of Days (The Fallen, #3) A Kiss Before the Apocalypse (Remy Chandler, #1) Dancing on the Head of a Pin (Remy Chandler, #2)