Spellbound (Legend, #1)

Spellbound (Legend #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  406 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Maxine Reigate discovers she is a Druid Priestess and as such is expected to help the Seelie Fae keep the Dark and monstrous Unseelie Fae behind their Prison Wall.

The partners with her in this effort, are two very different and absolutely mesmerizing males. One is a Prince of the Fae, and the other--a High Druid Priest just revived after a two hundred year coma.
She trave...more
ebook
Published October 9th 2011 by Claudy Conn (first published January 1st 2010)

WildAboutBones
It pulled me in from the first page. Claudy Conn has created a world of Fae and Earth where the Druids still have descendants working with the Fae. This is the first in Conn's Legend series where Fae, Dark Fae, Druids and 'vampire-like' creatures are out to protect, feed upon or ruthlessly rule over humans.

What would you do; how would you feel as a modern young woman of twenty-one, who, while you do have visions, thinks of yourself as a normal young woman, albeit with no love life to speak of, a...more
Delphina
As people who know me or have followed my reviews know, I love all things Fae. I have since I was a child. I even have a fairy tattoo. I love reading books about fae, but lately I have not really found many good series to dive into. So many have just plain weird lore or are retelling of a fae falling in love with a human without really having much story around the world of fae. Yep, I am a fae snob.

Why do I bring all this up, because this book gave me what I was looking for. A new fae series to...more
Candice Stauffer
I believe that for anyone interested in a heart pounding, thought provoking, sexy as hell paranormal thriller, Spellbound-Legend is a fabulous read. I can't wait for more!
Judy
Spellbound by Claudy Conn
Book 1 of the Legend Series
Maxie Reigate’s world has just gone into overdrive. Her whole life she has been taught about the Legends of her bloodline. About the Fae and her Druid ancestors. Maxie and her Uncle Kennet head for Scotland to help destroy the woman who killed her namesake but she finds another battle, the battle of her heart. First there is Breslyn, Royal Fae Prince of Dagda, who exudes sensuality like the sun exudes light. Secondly is the man whose she fell i...more
Linda
All Of Maxie Reigate's Remembrance Since she Was A Child, Her Dad Told Her That She Had Special Powers That Her Mom Ignored And Put Down. He Kept Saying That She Was A Druid Priestess And Needed To Hone Her Skills But She Poo-Pooed The Very Thought Of Magic And She Hid A Snicker. After Their Annual Christmas Dinner, Maxie Saw Her Folks Off At The Airport Where They Were Headed To Africa On One Of Her Mom's Charities, But A Vision While She Drove Home Showed Her They Never Made It When Their Plan...more
Vonnie Faroqui
Spellbound – Legend is Smokin’ HOT!
After a nine year hiatus [we won’t call it retirement,] Claudy Conn returns to the world of romance fiction writing with Spellbound – Legend. You might remember the author as Claudette Williams and think of her regency and historical romances. Claudy wrote over 40 mass market bestsellers in that field using the pen names Claudette Williams and Melanie Davis for Fawcett, Zebra and Doubleday book club. Claudy Conn is back and writing with a vengeance to bring us...more
Jenny Delandro
I am a fan of Claudy's alternative world where magic is accepted
It brings in the thought that Fae(fairy) came to the world from 'somewhere else and lived for a time with humans but withdrew to live in their own dimension.

Druids are the human interface between Fae and humans and nature

Julian was a Druid priest and his love Maxine is killed by a mad crazy fairy bitch called DeLaune, who wants him to love only her
Julian is placed into a coma by the Fae and 200 years pass
(view spoiler)...more
Sabrina
WOW!!! This book grabbed me from page one. Claudy’s writing is so good. She has written a world with Fae, Druids, Humans, Dark Fae, and an evil vampire like creature who are either going to protect or rule over the humans.

Maxine is a Druid priestess with a legacy going back to 1814. But dealing with the visions she has had since a child and now trying to deal with the evil like vampire creature trying to kill her she must rely on the Fae Prince Breslyn (who exudes sex) and the brooding, sexy Dr...more
Paranormal Reads

Lori
This book is true to it's title, because that's what I was reading this book, "Spellbound". Once I started I found it truly impossible to put it down. I would tell myself I would read one chapter, and then an hour of two later, realized I still couldn't put it down.

I found myself so inter-twined in the worlds created (both Fae & Human) that I didn't want to leave. The characters and story were both very well written. This story has everything: suspense, intrigue, passion, love, romance, dec...more
Kimberly
This was a wonderful find!!

I couldn't believe my luck when I found this one a "free book" search. Definite score!! I liked this one so much that I didn't take the time to rate it when I was finished. Nope, had to rush out and get the second in the series. The Legend series will take you away on page one. Ms. Conn pulls you right in and you don't want to leave this world. The characters are so vibrant that as a reader I could not helped but be pulled in by the story-I went willingly. Don't miss...more
Laura Young
My thoughts:
Soooo once again Claudy Conn writes another amazing story full of twists and turns leaving you wondering how it's going to happen, when it's going to happen. There of course is a love triangle who to choose who to be with. Who's better. I'm happy to say she chose the one I thought she would. Feels smart!
The Review:
So the book starts out slowly then... BAM! You're thrown into the plot and the story sucks you right in. At point all the characters have their wow moments. One has a ever...more
Shadowstorm Norwicca
I've always loved stories about the Fae, but this story takes it to new heights. I was enthralled with ever word and situation thrown out. What women doesn't dream of two hot men fighting for their attention, especially a Druid Priest who by the way has been in a coma for two hundred years thanks to a evil immortal or something like one and a Fae Prince who has cornered the say "I'm bringing sexy back". Now I haven't read a paranormal book about the Fae this good in a long time. I truly was lost...more
Dora-lee
What an exciting time I have spent experiencing stories within stories all to combine into a Love that any romantic would be swooning to have happen to them .

What can I say I am that romantic. Please join with me to meet and fall in love with characters that will make you giggle , cry , cheer with enthusiasum , and have your eyes bulging out at the impossibilities of such wonders .

My heart is still pounding and I am sure that is going to be a common occurance each time I revisit my memories of...more
Teresa
I'm finished with Spellbound - Legend: Excellent paranormal romance. After a 10 year absence, Claudette Williams, author of 40 bestselling Regency romance novels has returned with her own unique vision of the Fae and their interactions with humans. Part one of a trilogy and well worth the time for anyone who likes the paranormal genre or romance. Note: Several very, but not overtly, descriptive bedroom scenes.
Erica
Druids? Check, Scotland? Check, Fae? Check. Romance? Check... You just got to love it! And I freaking LOVED IT! But then again I'm a total sucker for everything Scottish and some hunks in the mix. GOOD READ! I'm so total in love with this book, and can't wait to read more in the series!! So yeah, I recommend it to eeveryone who loves anything above !!!
Gayle

Another amazing read by a favourite author of mine, Claudy Conn.

Her books are HOTTTT, the story-line is wonderfully written and will take you right into the story itself.

This 'Legend Series' by Claudy is a "Must Read" and I most HIGHLY recommend all of her books to everyone.

Gayle
Tina

This story had me spellbound from beginning to end. It's a must read I recommended to anyone to read the series is awesome
Shawn Carter
I really enjoyed it>could not wait to read the next one.
Steph at  Starry Night Book Reviews
I’m a huge fan of Claudy Conn’s writing and each book is different and unique. I loved the world she created with the Fae and Druid practice. Once I started Spellbound I could not put it down. As soon as I finished I wanted the next one. I found myself drawn to the story as well as the characters. This book has it all suspense, love, romance, deceit, action, intrigue, passion and heartbreak everything you want in a great story and strong characters to boot. I can’t wait to read what is in store...more
Elise Marion
This is my second read by Claudy Conn. I started by reading the prequel to the Legend series and was intrigued enough to buy this book as well. I was not disappointed. I loved the world of the Seelie Fae, and their beautiful faeries. I liked being drawn into the mythical world of magick and Druid priests. The intricacy of the plot kept me interested, although at times I felt the pace moved a little slowly.

I felt that this book had two heroes: Breslyn and Julian, two sides of a crazy love triangl...more
W.H.
I was given an e-copy in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Claudy for bringing this amazing world to life. You truly are an inspiration to me.

OMG!!! I Love this Claudy's writing style, as I was reading this story I was blown away by one of the characters within; John Talbot. After coming out of a 200 year coma to a world so different than the one he remembers. He had to be trained and taught about the world as it is now. All he can feel is numb as the memories of the past haunt him... num...more
Dawn Sullivan
Very well written as are all of Claudy’s books. That is always a constant as well as a unique and superb story that she brings every time.

This magical tale starts off with a back story of the Fae so you do not feel lost at all.

Beautiful castles as a backdrop. Vivid details. After being introduced to Prince Breslin in a few other of Claudy’s books I had wanted to read more about him and we get more of him in this book YAY!

Julian Talbot is a powerful Druid Priest who suffered a great loss.

Maxie is...more
Fawn
The story was enjoyable and the characters were fun. I felt like it was obvious how the relationships would pan out and that the "climax" was a but anti-climactic but bittersweet. I didn't feel compelled to not put it down but it was still written well enough to be a good read and at the price, it was totally worth it :-).
Kirsten
At first I wasn't sure about this book. I don't tend to be a fan of Fae. But I am open minded and if a book can draw me in then I am all for it and this book did. At first I was alittle slow reading it but after the first few pages I was hooked and would think about it while I was doing something else.
Michelle
I enjoyed this Fae tale, lots of world building in this first in series book but I didn't feel overwhelmed with the info. I liked Julian, however I am really intrigued by Prince Breslyn and I'm looking forward to reading further books to find out what happens next.
Shaineinok
Engaging tale. Reminicent of bit of the fever series. I'll look for #2.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Fair warning, for a start, this book is part of a series although it can be read as a standalone. It is also "sort of" the first book as there are actually 3 short stories that lay some groundwork for you if you want them before this! They are:

1) Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend 0)
2) Prince in the Mist (Legend .5)
3) Prince, Prelude-Legend (Legend .75)

Then comes Spellbound. In this book you meet Maxie Reigate, a descendant of Druids who have close links with the Tuatha De Danaan. She bears the same name...more
Merisha28
I bought this book for free on amazon.
Spellbound by Claudy Conn
18+ Adult Read
This is the first book I have read by this author. I loved the story and just fell in love with the characters especially Maxie and Julian. I love Breslyn also!! The writing style reminds me of Melissa Marr's book but with an adult twist to it. The reader is engaged in the story as soon as Maxie enters the scene, lol. I feel like I can relate to this modern day heroine since she is strong headed and independent. I reall...more
Melanie Tikalsky
Claudy Conn does it again with the first in the Legends series. This book is a page turner filled with twists and turns and lots of action.... in and out of the sheets.

The main characters are very well developed and completely loveable. Maxie is awesome and a very strong lead character. The far Prince..ohhhh my. Well he is everything you would expect in a sexy, hot alpha male. Let's not forget about Lord Julian back from his long trip (200) years on the Isle of Tyr.

Maxie girl will have to choose...more
Kindle format 1 5 Nov 16, 2012 10:32PM
  • Stone's Kiss (The Avatars, #1)
  • Dagger Heart
  • Eternal Breath of Darkness (Breath of Darkness, #1)
  • The Princess' Dragon Lord
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5)
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #1)
  • Song of the Fairy Queen
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • Birthrights (The Awakening Trilogy #1)
  • Unleashed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #1-3) (The MacLauchlan Berserkers, #1-3)
  • Rebel Heart
  • Spell Checked (Logic, #1)
  • Only In Her Dreams (The Oneiroi, #1)
  • Highland Sorcerer (Highland Sorcery, #1)
  • The Ghost Hunter (The Hunter, #1)
  • Jump (The Senses, #1)
Runaway Heart Shadow Love: Stalkers (Shadow Vampires, #1) Lady Bess Oh, Cherry Ripe Myriah Fire

“I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches." by Alice Roosevelt Longworth” 16 likes