Start by marking “The Drifter” as Want to Read:
The Drifter

The Drifter

A girl and her mother try to make a new home in a house with a chilling pastThough Carolyn’s mother never expected to inherit Glanton House from long-lost Aunt Hazel, she wants to make the most of the opportunity. Planning to turn the creaky waterfront mansion into a hotel, she moves Carolyn down to the seashore. But this house has a nightmarish history.As the story goes, ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Open Road Media Teen & Tween (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Drifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Drifter

Aug 01, 2012 Kitty rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
After completely enjoying the last two RTC books I read I found this one to be a complete let down. I know these are nothing more than trashy 90's teen pulp novels but even setting the bar that low this book fails, and it even went so far as to make me actually angry while reading it. I can forgive vapidness in teen fiction but I can't forgive out right negative messages.

Carolyn Baxter and her mother move into a house in a remote part of the east coast with hopes of rebuilding it into a bed and
Mar 26, 2014 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I had read pretty much every Point Horror book as a kid, but I must have missed this one. The title seemed familiar, but it's clear to me that I never read this one.

That being said, I legitimately enjoyed reading this now. I figured out who the "ghost" was, but the rest of the ending was a surprise.

All in all, this was entertaining and definitely helped to pass the time during a long doctor appointment.
Paul Kim
Jul 24, 2016 Paul Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: richie-cusick
Hate to admit this, but I skimmed some parts of the book, not many though! The book can get repetitive as it's mostly Carolyn hearing and seeing suspicious and chides in with her companions. The strongest point of the book is perhaps the ghost parts as it does sound chilling and the mystery was semi-interesting.

Not one of Richie's best work, but can be good to pass afternoon reading this book.
This was a good book.
Mar 10, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I read this when I was a kid and then recently reread it as an adult; my rating is more for nostalgia's sake than anything else. I loved it when I was younger so it makes it a fun read now.
Jul 13, 2012 Tobius rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a good book, yes there were errors through a lot of the book, but it was still quite a good book..
I liked the surprise ending..
Sep 27, 2008 Oswald rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens
Recommended to Oswald by: an old friend
I read this because I love Richi's writing, but I was as impressed as I was with Trick or Treat.
while the creepiness was well written the plot itself failed at the end bigtime.
Kristen Goodwin
Kristen Goodwin rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016
Elif added it
Oct 13, 2016
Emma marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2016
Cheryl Barker
Cheryl Barker marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2016
Priscila Rogrigueiz
Priscila Rogrigueiz marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2016
Jae added it
Sep 24, 2016
Gina added it
Sep 18, 2016
Harley rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Katlyn rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Katie McCoy
Katie McCoy rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Kara rated it it was ok
Aug 11, 2016
Ora rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
Ceri sian stout
Ceri sian stout rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Amanda added it
Jul 22, 2016
Marisa added it
Jul 13, 2016
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Cataline rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Sandra added it
Jul 05, 2016
Hunter marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Amy Williams
Amy Williams marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Stacy rated it it was ok
Jun 25, 2016
  • Twin Sisters
  • Spring Break
  • The Surfer
  • The Diary
  • Party Summer  (Fear Street Super Chiller, #1)
Richie Tankersley Cusick is the bestselling young adult author of over 25 titles, including two adult horror titles, "Scarecrow" and "Blood Roots". Her popularity grew at the height of the horror/YA boom in the late 80's/early 90's, particularly with books like "Lifeguard" , "Trick or Treat" and "Teacher's Pet", just to name a few, allowing her to keep company on the bestseller paperback lists wit ...more
More about Richie Tankersley Cusick...