Start by marking “Torn” as Want to Read:
Torn

Torn

liked it 3.0  ·  Rating Details ·  14 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The city is damned, has always been damned, and the wolves have become us.

Torn tells of a wolf’s struggle when he is infected with the most aggressive virus the world has ever known: Humanity
120 pages
Published by Gestalt Comics (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Torn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torn

Byron
Nov 09, 2011 Byron rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: werewolf fans
The ideas are sound. Instead of the usual werewolf narrative of a man turning into a wolf, we have a wolf who turns into a man. And the monsters are... well, I'll let you read that for yourself.

Unfortunately, the story is very muddled. There were many times when I had to guess at what was going on, guess at what character I was looking at, and guess at who was speaking. Lots and lots of guessing. I think I was right most of the time but it wasn't fun to do so.

While I understand that the authors
Deborah Biancotti
Feb 22, 2013 Deborah Biancotti rated it it was amazing
Deborah was the convenor of the Graphic Novel/Illustrated Works category for the Aurealis Awards in 2011. This review/rating is the personal opinion of Deborah herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

From the Aurealis Awards Judges' Report 2011:

Daring composition in this pen-and-ink style artwork puts this man-vs-wolf-vs-wolfman entry ahead of the pack in the story of a changeling let loose in the
Ashleigh
Feb 25, 2016 Ashleigh rated it it was ok
The first graphic novel I have read and I think it went over my head.

A wolf that turns into a human - a reverse werewolf tale.

Part #3 is where I got lost. I just could not grasp this part of the story. I felt I missed out on an important point.

I liked the illustrations/art - bold images in just black & white, fine lines, sketchy.

Teàrlach
Sep 14, 2014 Teàrlach rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, wolves
Great premise, interesting characters, but I have an issue with stories that supposedly reach their denouement and leave me feeling like I missed more than half the plot. It was confusing at best and I was disappointed when, as I closed the book, I thought 'I have no idea what I just read'.
Christopher Mclean
Jun 02, 2014 Christopher Mclean rated it it was ok
A interesting take on the werewolf tale but ultimately I felt the hard to decipher art and a fairly shallow story left it a fairly unforfilling read.
Lore
Jun 16, 2016 Lore rated it really liked it
Picked this up at Oz Comic Con and I was definitely not disappointed (even got it signed by the author). Definitely an interesting story.
Justin Civitillo
Justin Civitillo rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Kris
Kris rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2013
Imogene
Imogene rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2016
Beejay Bristow-stagg
Beejay Bristow-stagg rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2012
Matt Barber
Matt Barber rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Neal Bailey
Neal Bailey rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Brett
Brett added it
Oct 20, 2011
ALPHAreader
ALPHAreader marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2012
Arielle
Arielle is currently reading it
Oct 06, 2012
Gavin Foo
Gavin Foo marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Skye Ogden
Skye Ogden is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 22, 2014
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Kristie Barker
Kristie Barker marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016