Start by marking “Dark Wings Descending (Wings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dark Wings Descending (Wings, #1)

Dark Wings Descending (Wings #1)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Goodness may appear in many forms; evil need only take one.

The Chicago PD Deviant Data Unit specializes in the dark and cruel aspects of criminal behavior. When a serial killer who leaves his victims oddly posed starts terrorizing the city, Detective Rafe Douglas leads the team tasked to find this sadistic killer. Still recovering from severe injuries sustained in the line
Published May 15th 2012 by Bold Strokes Books (first published May 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Wings Descending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Wings Descending

E.M. Hodge
A Good Beach Read, Although Not Much More than a Dark Urban Fantasy Police Procedural

One classic form of dark urban fantasy novel twists the typical police procedural story. In the twisted form, the police detectives tend to form a special task force whose focus rests on solving crimes of a supernatural nature. The detectives in the unit generally often take on two types: the believer (who may possess some type of magical skill) and the skeptic put in the unit as a form of punishment. Generally,
Megan
Loved the premise but the delivery was lacking.
Cheri
I was very disappointed. I thought the premise was a good one but the writing just didn't pan out. The foreshadowing regarding the mystery may as well have been bolded, highlighted, and spelled out in all capitals. There was no element of surprise for the reader at all. The romance aspect of the book was very rushed and the characters, to me, felt flat.

One of my pet peeves - yes, I know, there are many - is having American characters who are so very obviously British. They even had accents in m
Cab
I really enjoyed this book and the author had me sucked into the story almost immediately. We meet both Ashley Scott and Rafe at the most recent murder scene of a serial killer and I found myself intrigued by both Ashley and Rafe. I especially liked how the author, Lesley Davis, introduces the reader to Rafe. She, hobbles into the murder scene still recovering from injuries sustained in another police incident.

I did struggle in the 1st few paragraph’s trying to keep straight that we were seeing
Leisa
Brittany Franklin
I wanted to like this book so much more than I did. The premise of the book is really intriguing, but the actual telling of the story, not so much. I had a hard time buying into the characters, and was disappointed that the "mystery" was incredibly easy to figure out. I wanted more from the story than was offered.
Nikki
Promising premise, but it just fell flat for me. The dialogue felt forced and I feel as though it could have benefited from a much more stringent editing process. The romance factor was extremely rushed and the crime/sci fi angle left much to be desired. I knew who the killer was way too fast and the author left the most obvious bread crumbs for her characters to discover that I was smacking my head against the wall when they STILL couldn't find the connection.
Stephanie
I liked this book as an easy summer read. I thought that the mystery was a bit to easy to figure out, but it was ok for a book that took abuot two hours to read.

I liked the idea of the characters, and how it was played out. I do wish that the mystery had been more in the for front of the book.
M
Jul 04, 2012 M rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: l-books
I seem to have enjoyed this book a lot ore than other reviewers. Both the characters and plot worked for me, each felt very human (well half) and really reasoned in what and how they acted. Hope to have a sequel to this book soon. Off to find an other book from this author to read.
Feliz
A solid mystery, even though the villain's motives and identity were a little too easily revealed. Suspenseful and enticing.
Two very very likeable main characters, nice supporting cast and a suitably nutty villain.
Fluent writing, fast-paced as befitting the plot and pleasant to read
Frank Van Meer
Short story about a demon killer on the loose in Chicago, a half-demon PI and a detective that barely survived a demon attack and suddenly finds herself seeing things.

Quick, entertainig read, but nothing special
Anita
started really well & I couldn't put it down.. but ended lamely
Heather
started out pretty good....
Mara
Mara marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
May 27, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
David Brown
David Brown marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Marty Enslow
Marty Enslow marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Odd Bin
Odd Bin marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Mostly Lesfic: * Dark Wings Descending - June 2012 308 63 Jul 06, 2012 10:18AM
  • Night Hunt (Midnight Hunters, #3)
  • Bloody Claws (Kassandra Lyall, Preternatural Investigator, #3)
  • Demons are Forever (Elite Operatives, #5)
  • Balance of Forces: Toujours Ici (Forces, #1)
  • Broken Wings
  • Indigo Moon (Garoul, #3)
  • Wild
  • nightrise (everafter, #3)
  • Sword of the Guardian (Legends of Ithyria, #1)
  • Second Nature
  • The Awakening (The Sisters of Spirits Trilogy, #1)
  • In Spirit and Truth
  • Sierra City
  • Slingshot
  • Warming Trend
Lesley Davis lives in the West Midlands of England. She is a die-hard sci-fi/fantasy fan in all its forms and an extremely passionate gamer.
More about Lesley Davis...

Wings (2 books)
  • Pale Wings Protecting (Wings, #2)
Playing Passion's Game (Playing, #1) Truth Behind the Mask Pale Wings Protecting (Wings, #2) Keeper of the Piece (Adepts of Calluna, #1) Playing In Shadow (Playing, #2)