Start by marking “Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Dummies

Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Dummies

Improve your health, lose weight, and prevent and fight disease For decades, doctors and nutritional experts have observed and confirmed that Mediterranean countries have much lower occurrences of hypertension, cardiovascular disease, obesity, cancer, and diabetes in their citizens than northern European countries and the United States. The Mediterranean Diet For Dummies f ...more
Published October 7th 2011 by For Dummies (first published September 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Dummies

Lee Anne
Mar 28, 2013 Lee Anne rated it it was amazing
My husband's doctor recommended the Mediteranean diet for him after by-pass surgery, so I bought several cookbooks to learn how to cook this way. This is a great book for someone who knows nothing about this diet. It explains the diet, gives you a sample menu, and has some great recipes.
Nathan Lively
Nov 03, 2013 Nathan Lively rated it really liked it
I follow Wendy Jo Peterson on Twitter (@FuelinRoadie) because she is the the only nutritionist I’ve come across who works specifically with musicians and live event crew. As part of my series on food and drink at work, I decided to review her book, Mediterranean Diet Cookbook For Dummies. The few things I know about cooking I picked up from friends and family, and this is the first cookbook that I’ve owned and used. It’s easy to read; each recipe is simple and straightforward, requiring only a f ...more
Susan Marrier
Jan 18, 2017 Susan Marrier rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This seems like an excellent introduction to eating (and living) the Mediterranean way. It was a bit intimidating at first, but the authors take you by the hand with humour and patience, and with suggested "baby steps" to get started. Living with a meat-and-potatoes guy makes it difficult, but I am greatly encouraged to follow this way of eating and living as much as possible. My only complaint with the book is that the index could be more comprehensive.
Elizabeth Johnson
May 07, 2013 Elizabeth Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nf-general
Very well-balanced overview of the Mediterranean lifestyle. Great introduction, and includes some good recipes. Highly recommended as a jumping-off point for learning about the benefits and how-tos of a Mediterranean diet.
Paula
Feb 11, 2013 Paula rated it it was amazing
My husband loves eating this way!
Trina
Sep 26, 2012 Trina rated it liked it
Good basic info. Lots of recipes for every meal, snacks and desserts!
Jeannette
Some of the recipes are for 24 people. Most are for 6-8 servings. Not very helpful for a single person. Even trying to "cut" the recipe doesn't work that well.
Autumn Dec
Autumn Dec rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Evelyn
Evelyn rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Karen Jamison
Karen Jamison rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2014
Lee
Lee rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
May 14, 2014
Kirby Coe
Kirby Coe rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Phyllis Le Chat
Phyllis Le Chat rated it liked it
May 15, 2014
Bonnie G
Bonnie G rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
May 18, 2015
Leann
Leann rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Monika King
Monika King rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2017
Ed Chuplis
Ed Chuplis rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Kay Welch
Kay Welch rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2014
Barbara Moore
Barbara Moore rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
Sharon Welty
Sharon Welty rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Steve Wooten
Steve Wooten rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Anita Branch
Anita Branch rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2017
Pamela Goode
Pamela Goode rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Anna Hiller
Anna Hiller rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Come In, We're Closed: An Invitation to Staff Meals at the World's Best Restaurants
  • Meditation: Meditation for Beginners - How to Relieve Stress, Anxiety and Depression and Return to a State of Inner Peace and Happiness (How to Meditate, ... for Beginners, Mindfulness Book 1)
  • Running Science
  • Bear in the Back Seat I and II: Adventures of a Wildlife Ranger in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park: Boxed Set
  • Every Grain Of Rice: Simple Chinese Home Cooking
  • Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats & Drinks
  • Christ in the Passover
  • Challenging Beliefs: Memoirs of a Career
  • Swim Smooth: The Complete Coaching Programme for Swimmers and Triathletes
  • The Kimchi Cookbook: 60 Traditional and Modern Ways to Make and Eat Kimchi
  • The Beginner's Guide to Dog Agility
  • 100 Recipes Everyone Should Know How to Make: The Relevant (And Surprising) Essential Recipes for the 21st Century Cook
  • Endurance Sports Nutrition
  • Triathlon Science
  • Rose Water and Orange Blossoms: Fresh & Classic Recipes from my Lebanese Kitchen
  • Lunch at the Shop: The Art and Practice of the Midday Meal
  • The Sprouted Kitchen: A Tastier Take on Whole Foods
  • Meditation for Warriors
Meri Raffetto, RD, is a registered dietitian and recognized professional in nutrition and wellness.

Credit: Dummies
More about Meri Raffetto...