Start by marking “Liar's Guide to True Love” as Want to Read:
Liar's Guide to True Love

Liar's Guide to True Love

Wedding planner Cassandra Hanley is in the business of making other people's dreams come true. But for some reason, whenever she meets a potential mate of her own, she finds herself telling little (and not so little) white lies. She's not trying to sabotage her relationships on purpose: as a people pleaser, she just naturally tells men what she thinks they want to hear.

Whe
Published November 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Liar's Guide to True Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liar's Guide to True Love

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Always the wedding planner but never a bride. That doesn't sound quite right. Being a wedding planner should be a truly rewarding career. Who wouldn't love spending each day helping create the "Big Day" for couples everywhere? At least that's what Cassie wants to believe. Until recently, Cassie has never seen it as anything but something she was really good at and enjoyed doing. And if she's able to make a living while she was at it,
Racquel
Oct 20, 2011 Racquel rated it really liked it
Review also posted on my blog: The Book Barbies

A cute cover, a cute summary and a cuter story. Wendy Chen delivered awesomeness! For myself, I'm not a fan of weddings. I don't think I will ever have wedding even if I get married because I don't like being the center of attention and like a certain character in this book believes, I do not support the ridiculous amount of money that goes into a day that most people won't even appreciate. I will never force anyone against weddings though and with
Marina
Jan 11, 2012 Marina rated it really liked it
Cassandra is a successful woman having her own business. There is nothing to be ashamed off. So why so many lies? She reminded me a little bit of Julia Roberts in the movie Runaway Bride. Everyone of her three husbands-to-be liked different eggs. Julia’s character didn’t know what kind of eggs she liked, so she lied, telling the gay what he wants to hear.

Having two boyfriends at the same time, not so good. Why do you wanna go back to a gay who cheated on you? I understand that Kevin is known ter
Samantha Janning
Jun 28, 2012 Samantha Janning rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Liar’s Guide to True Love in exchange for an honest review.
Summary:
When Cassandra meets Nick, she's deter
Books Mom
Dec 17, 2011 Books Mom rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

I didn’t think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. As you follow the heroine through the story plot, you also follow her three friends, her family and ex-boyfriend. You get to know them all so well that, as you read, it is as though you are watching a movie. The author's descriptive writing showed me everything so clearly. It is a delightful story and fun to read. I gulped it down in one long sitting (it's not a short book -- but
Jac (For Love and Books)
**Thank You Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book**

Liar's Guide to True Love was everything I'd hoped it would be and more! I was looking for a fluffy, chick-lit/romantic read and I got that! Wendy Chen's debut novel starts out a bit slow, taking two or three chapters to really get going. But once it does, you are in for a fun ride!

As much as I loved the romantic aspect of this, Cass's choice between history and the hot new guy, I also loved how well we get to know her family and fri
Cleffairy
Jan 30, 2012 Cleffairy rated it really liked it
What I come to learn from this book is that we all should always be true to ourselves instead of going around lying to everyone and try to be what we’re not as at the end of the day, whatever lies you told will be out of the bag. It’s hard to be true to yourself and be yourself in this superficial world as there are many judgmental hypocrites out there who more often than not, judge you for your appearance and financial status.

Being a people pleaser is hard. You can’t please everyoneand you migh
Alyssa
Dec 04, 2011 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
Not only was I in suspense over who she would choose, I enjoyed walking down memory lane with all of the NYC institutions that are a part of this book. I can't wait for the next book by this author.
Hsiau Wei
Nov 30, 2011 Hsiau Wei rated it liked it
My Blog: www.hsiauwei.com

Publish Date: 07/12/2011

My Review
The story is about Cassandra, who due to her work and remark from Nick decided to tell a lie; that she is an ads executive rather than a wedding planner. And at the same time, Kevin, her ex contacted her. Being a normal girl, she goes with the flow of seeing both of them. And as anticipated, the lies caught up. Nick found out her profession and walk out of their relationship. And now, it is up to Cass to mend their relationship.

The book c
Shan ~ A ~
Dec 30, 2011 Shan ~ A ~ rated it liked it
I loved the title, the idea of this story, and Cass. I loved that it felt like she was sharing a dirty little secret with me by telling me about her life. The problem, even with all the things that I loved, was that I had to stuggle to get through it. Whatever I am reading has to catch my attention and hold it right off the bat, or most times I want even waste the time to finish it. I have so many books that I want to read that if within the first few pages or first few chapters I am not totally ...more
Stephanie Haefner
Jun 27, 2012 Stephanie Haefner rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, 2012
I liked this book. I was immediately drawn in because I used to work in the wedding industry as a floral designer and wedding planner. I enjoyed reliving the parts of my ex-career that I loved. :) The storyline was good and I was wondering how it would end. The main character seemed to change and learn form her mistakes.

But the book almost felt half novel, half wedding planning guide. Seemed as if some of it could have been toned back. And it seemed as if there was a lot of product and brand nam
Tracy
Nov 18, 2011 Tracy rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This book started off a little slow to me. Took me a while to get interested in it. But when I did it was good. It threw me off the ending... Didn't expect that!
Holly Morris
Holly Morris rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Becky R.
Becky R. rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2011
D
D rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Fabulous Book Fiend
Fabulous Book Fiend rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Samantha March
Samantha March rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2012
Emily Erdmann
Emily Erdmann rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2015
TheAgileReader
TheAgileReader rated it liked it
Nov 16, 2011
Laura Chapman
Laura Chapman rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2012
Ashleigh
Ashleigh rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2012
Sandy James
Sandy James rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Ruth
Ruth rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2011
CJ
CJ rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2017
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2011
GJ
GJ added it
Oct 20, 2011
Taryn Elliott
Taryn Elliott marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2011
rameau
rameau added it
Nov 02, 2011
Juliana Philippa
Juliana Philippa marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Lindsay Paige
Lindsay Paige marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2011
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2011
Kara Parks
Kara Parks marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2011
Splage
Splage added it
Nov 13, 2011
Roxanne
Roxanne marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2011
Heloisa Imada
Heloisa Imada marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2011
Liz Fichera
Liz Fichera marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2011
Karina
Karina marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2011
Stace
Stace marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2011
Shh I'm reading!
Shh I'm reading! marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2011
Dev
Dev added it
Dec 12, 2011
Natalie Aaron
Natalie Aaron marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2011
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2011
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2011
Tracie Banister
Tracie Banister marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2011
Meredith Schorr
Meredith Schorr marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2011
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2011
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2011
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Ogoi Jecinter
Ogoi Jecinter marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2012
Sukaina
Sukaina marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2012
Krystalyn
Krystalyn marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
Wendy Chen writes lighthearted romantic fiction and is the author of LIAR'S GUIDE TO TRUE LOVE (Carina Press) and THE JOB PROPOSAL (Diversion Books). She has worked at Random House, iVillage, The Washington Post, and Entangled Publishing. She lives in Northern Virginia where she is at work on her next novel.
More about Wendy Chen...