Liar's Guide to True Love

Liar's Guide to True Love

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Wedding planner Cassandra Hanley is in the business of making other people's dreams come true. But for some reason, whenever she meets a potential mate of her own, she finds herself telling little (and not so little) white lies. She's not trying to sabotage her relationships on purpose: as a people pleaser, she just naturally tells men what she thinks they want to hear.

Whe...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Liar's Guide to True Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liar's Guide to True Love

Racquel
Review also posted on my blog: The Book Barbies

A cute cover, a cute summary and a cuter story. Wendy Chen delivered awesomeness! For myself, I'm not a fan of weddings. I don't think I will ever have wedding even if I get married because I don't like being the center of attention and like a certain character in this book believes, I do not support the ridiculous amount of money that goes into a day that most people won't even appreciate. I will never force anyone against weddings though and with...more
Samantha Janning
I received a copy of Liar’s Guide to True Love in exchange for an honest review.
Summary:
When Cassandra meets Nick, she's deter...more
Jac (For Love and Books)
**Thank You Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book**

Liar's Guide to True Love was everything I'd hoped it would be and more! I was looking for a fluffy, chick-lit/romantic read and I got that! Wendy Chen's debut novel starts out a bit slow, taking two or three chapters to really get going. But once it does, you are in for a fun ride!

As much as I loved the romantic aspect of this, Cass's choice between history and the hot new guy, I also loved how well we get to know her family and fri...more
Marina
Cassandra is a successful woman having her own business. There is nothing to be ashamed off. So why so many lies? She reminded me a little bit of Julia Roberts in the movie Runaway Bride. Everyone of her three husbands-to-be liked different eggs. Julia’s character didn’t know what kind of eggs she liked, so she lied, telling the gay what he wants to hear.

Having two boyfriends at the same time, not so good. Why do you wanna go back to a gay who cheated on you? I understand that Kevin is known ter...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Always the wedding planner but never a bride. That doesn't sound quite right. Being a wedding planner should be a truly rewarding career. Who wouldn't love spending each day helping create the "Big Day" for couples everywhere? At least that's what Cassie wants to believe. Until recently, Cassie has never seen it as anything but something she was really good at and enjoyed doing. And if she's able to make a living while she was at it,...more
Books Mom
Originally posted at http://its-raining-books.blogspot.com...

I didn’t think I would enjoy this book as much as I did. As you follow the heroine through the story plot, you also follow her three friends, her family and ex-boyfriend. You get to know them all so well that, as you read, it is as though you are watching a movie. The author's descriptive writing showed me everything so clearly. It is a delightful story and fun to read. I gulped it down in one long sitting (it's not a short book -- but...more
Cleffairy
What I come to learn from this book is that we all should always be true to ourselves instead of going around lying to everyone and try to be what we’re not as at the end of the day, whatever lies you told will be out of the bag. It’s hard to be true to yourself and be yourself in this superficial world as there are many judgmental hypocrites out there who more often than not, judge you for your appearance and financial status.

Being a people pleaser is hard. You can’t please everyoneand you migh...more
Alyssa
Not only was I in suspense over who she would choose, I enjoyed walking down memory lane with all of the NYC institutions that are a part of this book. I can't wait for the next book by this author.
Hsiau Wei
My Blog: www.hsiauwei.com

Publish Date: 07/12/2011

My Review
The story is about Cassandra, who due to her work and remark from Nick decided to tell a lie; that she is an ads executive rather than a wedding planner. And at the same time, Kevin, her ex contacted her. Being a normal girl, she goes with the flow of seeing both of them. And as anticipated, the lies caught up. Nick found out her profession and walk out of their relationship. And now, it is up to Cass to mend their relationship.

The book c...more
Stephanie Haefner
I liked this book. I was immediately drawn in because I used to work in the wedding industry as a floral designer and wedding planner. I enjoyed reliving the parts of my ex-career that I loved. :) The storyline was good and I was wondering how it would end. The main character seemed to change and learn form her mistakes.

But the book almost felt half novel, half wedding planning guide. Seemed as if some of it could have been toned back. And it seemed as if there was a lot of product and brand nam...more
Shan
I loved the title, the idea of this story, and Cass. I loved that it felt like she was sharing a dirty little secret with me by telling me about her life. The problem, even with all the things that I loved, was that I had to stuggle to get through it. Whatever I am reading has to catch my attention and hold it right off the bat, or most times I want even waste the time to finish it. I have so many books that I want to read that if within the first few pages or first few chapters I am not totally...more
Tracy
This book started off a little slow to me. Took me a while to get interested in it. But when I did it was good. It threw me off the ending... Didn't expect that!
Mackenzie
Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Jennifer Waugh
Jennifer Waugh marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Mandi Smith
Mandi Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2013
Dee Downs
Dee Downs marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Maddie M
Maddie M marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Cheth
Cheth marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Rocio
Rocio marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Mishy
Mishy marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Donna Kauffman
Donna Kauffman marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Zandra
Zandra marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Wendy Chen writes lighthearted romantic fiction and is the author of LIAR'S GUIDE TO TRUE LOVE (Carina Press) and THE JOB PROPOSAL (Diversion Books). She has worked at Random House, iVillage, The Washington Post, and Entangled Publishing. She lives in Northern Virginia where she is at work on her next novel.
More about Wendy Chen...