Unscripted

Unscripted

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  32 reviews
As a producer on a reality dating show, Abby Edwards knows that true love is a myth. Her career and her friends are all she needs. Right?

When her screenwriter ex makes a hit movie based on their relationship, Abby's faults are projected on screens across the country. Suddenly the fact that her job depends on orchestrating hot tub hook-ups doesn't seem so impressive.

Her fri...more
Published November 1st 2011 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Unscripted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unscripted

Danielle Quinn
I loved this book from start to finish. It was smart, funny, and very witty. I can also appreciate the subject matter considering I used to work in the entertainment industry and know how gruelish it can be. The romance was a small part of the story, which I loved. If your looking for a fun showbiz fiction, this is the book to read!
Georgina

Have you ever wanted to know what really goes on behind the scenes of your favourite reality television show? I know that I have always wanted to find out the gossip and dirt on what really goes happens and Unscripted by Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz defiantly takes you there. Add a splash of romance and some chick lit and you have a novel that you will fly through.

Whe...more
Meredith Schorr
Unscripted is a story about a 30-something single woman working as a producer of reality shows in LA. Jaded as a result of both the scripted romances she sees at her job and her only long-term relationship going sour, Abby has basically given up on finding true love in favor of working long hours and spending time with her friends. To make matters worse, her ex boyfriend has produced a movie based "loosely" on their relationship. It does not paint her in the best light and is a hit at the box of...more
Michelle
Unscripted by Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz and is light, fun read set in the underbelly of reality television — a perfect setting as the authors have extensive experience in said underbelly.

Abby Edwards is a segment producer who isn’t exactly where she wants to be in her personal or professional life, so her eclectic “supporting cast” tries to help her along, each in his or her own way. Her screenwriter ex-boyfriend, for example, splashes intimate details about their former relationship on t...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

Can you really believe in love when you work for a show that proves love is just another commodity to be bought and sold? Living in a big city, working for a reality TV show, Abby Edwards runs into that question all the time. Not believing in love just becomes easier when working in this industry. Until one day when Will Harper comes into her life and things get all turned around. Ten years, filled with life, friends and love happen an...more
Tracie Banister
I like nothing better than a book that makes me laugh, so I got a real kick out of reading "Unscripted," the hilarious debut novel of talented newcomers Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz. According to their bio, these ladies have toiled behind-the-scenes in reality television for many years, so they know whereof they speak! And their insider's knowledge of that stressful, often chaotic world, as well as the anything-for-ratings mindset of the people who work in it, gave the characters and their t...more
Shan
Very realistic and laugh out loud funny.

I loved Abby, she seemed like one of my girlfriends. I felt as if I really knew her and I love that she had the same doubts and fears that the rest of face.

She is so down to earth and funny that you can't help wanting her to have a happy ending.
Jess Faraday
This was a really fun book. Well written--and very smoothly, considering it was the combined work of two writers. I especially enjoyed the inside look at reality TV production. It could have benefited from more build-up of the romance, but overall, it was a great read and I liked it a lot.
Anna

Reviewed at http://bookstobrightenyourmood.blogsp...

Unscripted is a really sweet,really fun romance title,that if it weren't that detailed in some parts,it could have easily ranked among my favorite contemporary romance titles!

The authors have done an amazing job creating the characters in this book!And I don't only mean the main protagonists,but the secondary ones as well!Abby is a down to earth,maybe even average woman,you can totally relate to as a reader and love her for all her insecurities...more
Michelle
Posted on Book Chelle.

Unscripted by Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz is a fun contemporary fiction, set behind the scenes of reality television.

Abby Edwards is a segment producer who can manage everyone's life but her own. For Abby, it seems like everyone knows their path in life except her. Her friends are successful, or happy and content about their own life. Her screenwriter ex-boyfriend has just released a movie, loosely based on their relationship, filled with (exaggerated) intimate details...more
Samantha Janning
Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz are on tour with CLP Blog Tours. Unscripted follows loveable heroine Abby Edwards, who works as a reality TV show producer. Abby has been currently burned in a relationship, and has given up on dating. True love couldn’t possibly be true in the land of LA. Abby throws herself into her work, but friction in her friendship with BFF Zoe throws her world off balance. It doesn’t help that her new boss is deliciously hunky but she can’t decipher his attitude towards he...more
Jael
Every day you can find a reality show on TV. I think the market is over-saturated with them. I have to roll my eyes at shows like The Bachelor. It's not real. I don't understand the motivation to going on a reality show. Fame must be the motive. But what about the people behind the scenes? What is their motivation? I wonder about that sometimes. Like who are the geniuses that brought us "Joe Millionaire" and "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?" Unscripted by Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz...more
Kathleen
Is love real or is it a myth? This is the question that thirty-two year old Abby Edwards questions while working as a producer on reality TV shows. Abby hasn't gotten over the pain of a failed relationship, and her cynical view of dating is that working in reality TV is the best antidote to dating, it's enough to make you celibate! Abby's friends think that she needs to move on with her life: BFF Zoe likes to set her up on dates, Stephanie likes to keep it real and tell it like it is, and Nancy...more
Brie C.
Originally posted at: Romance Around the Corner

Unscripted follows our heroine, Abby Edwards, as she tries to make a living in Hollywood while working as a producer in the world of reality TV. We see her trying to come to terms with the fact that her dream of being a screenwriter won’t come true, having a job that is hard and demanding but not as rewarding as she would like, and overall struggling to find her place, be successful and achieve happiness. In the process we meet Abby’s best friend Zö...more
Cleffairy
Reviewed at: Over A Cuppa Tea
Review date: 28 Jan 2012
Review link: http://cleffairy.com/?p=6717

This book gave me a good laugh. A wonderful read when you are feeling down or when you're feeling that the world is against you. Very lighthearted read and would definitely tickles you funny bones. I do take pity on the heroine, though. She was placed in akward predicament many times, but thank God everything worked out well for her...most of the times. I suppose this book teaches me to take everything...more
Tracy
This book has some great characters, the kind you love and hate! It is told in first person and usually the type of book I avoid but after I started reading it became very interested in the outcome. Great story with a great ending. I enjoyed it.
Liz Fenton
Loved this book! Fun and sassy, it was like reading about an old friend. Loved the backdrop of reality television producing-it was very interesting and entertaining. Do yourself a favor and download Unscripted to your eReader ASAP!
Kathy
Unscripted by Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz is an entertaining novel that reveals the production side of reality TV. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://bookreviewsandmorebykathy.com/...
Kristin
Fans of reality TV will love the fictional behind-the-scenes look at their favorite pastime in this dishy contemporary novel.

Read the full review at http://www.nightsandweekends.com/arti...
Wendy
A really fun read with great characters!
Louise Graham
Giving this 3 1/3 stars!

Unscripted is jointly written book by Natalie Aaron and Marla Schwartz and their debut novel (Released by Carina Press).

Abby Edwards works as a producer on reality shows. Whilst she knows there is no such thing as true love she has to convince the contestants on the Dating Show there is such a thing.

With the support of her friends around her, she is able to tolerate hook-ups in hot tubs .. but only just!! Each of her friends think they know how they can improve her life,...more
adventurat
Big props to Jess Faraday for recommending this book to me. Like Jess, I really enjoyed this book. The writing is very smooth, and particularly seamless for a two-author book, the characters are rounded and fun (though I'd have liked a bit more of a glimpse of Will), and the situation and setting (reality TV in L.A.) were new and interesting to me. I enjoyed the peek into reality TV - which confirmed that I'm not missing much by not watching - and the world of television production in general.

A...more
D
I loved this book in the beginning. Abby was funny and a smartass, two things I generally love in people. It went downhill with all of the reality television crap. Way, way, way too much of it. The story was totally lacking the actual story part of Abby and Will, and Abby and Matt.
Lilas
This was a super fun read. The writing is funny and smart and the story is hilarious and everything you could want from good chick lit.
Jenn (Booksessed)
Not being a fan of reality tv, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book but thought that it sounded like a fun read, and also that if I didn’t like it, maybe I would finally understand the appeal of reality tv.
I still don’t really understand reality tv, but this book is hilarious. Part of me wanted to ask someone, “Is that really what goes on?” But I’m sure that it is.
Abby is such a great character and the situations she find herself in are completely ridiculous, but I couldn’t stop laughing...more
Kate's Reads
"Unscripted" by Natalie Aaron & Marla Schwartz is a fun look at the crazy world of reality TV shows, with some romance thrown in. Abby Edwards is a producer for a reality TV dating show. When her ex-boyfriend is the screenwriter of a wildly successful movie she is left feeling that her life is going nowhere and not at all what she'd hoped it would be. She's been stuck in the reality world rut, scrabbling from one show to the next, with no way out.

On her current show she reconnects with a dir...more
Gail
This is definitely a chick-lit book with the heroine only figuring out the guy likes her at the very end. Most of these have main characters who are pretty dim, and this one wasn't too bad, so that was nice. It was mostly about Abby's job in reality TV, which was interesting, & her girlfriends, which was kind of fun. A good read--but I'm glad it's a library book.
Jamie
It could have been a great story. The way it read, it would have been better marketed as a behind-the-scenes exposé of reality TV. Too much detail in that and hardly any storyline. The heroine had hilarious witty potential as a main character, but I would have never cared enough about her to finish this book had I not been stuck on a plane with it for hours.
Courtney
I really did like this book, but I did feel misled from the book description.....I'd have to agree with some reviews that this was more a work of fiction with a touch of romance....I thought when I purchased this book, it was more a romance novel, but still over all a great book with some good characters!
Stephanie Haefner
This book gives the reader an interesting look behind the scenes of reality TV from a producer's view. I liked the character's sarcastic voice and there were lots of funny moments.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »