Aloha Magnum: Larry Manetti's Magnum, P.I. Memories

Aloha Magnum: Larry Manetti's Magnum, P.I. Memories

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Aloha Magnum is a chronicle of Larry Manetti's wild childhood, his crazy days in Hollywood, his moonlighting as a prominent restaurateur, and his escapades with the rich, famous, and equally outrageous.
Published January 1st 1999 by Renaissance Books

Tasso
A phenomenal insider's view of the best show in televsion history.
Mark
Hundreds of funny anecdotes about one of my favorite shows. If you're looking for dirty laundry or controversy, it's not here. Larry is very respectful and positive about the show and his co stars. He doesn't pull any punches about himself and admits he wasn't exactly a choir boy, and I'm impressed how active the group was in raising money and making appearances for charity. Recommended!
Mike Sambuco
Part memoirs and history, part back story from Magnum, PI, Larry Manetti's Hollywood insider book took me into the working and private lives of the characters that I enjoy watching. I learned lots of interesting things about many actors and situations, and enjoyed getting to be "behind the scenes" of the iconic show. Getting to experience some of it through his eyes gave me more appreciation for the people involved, and who they are as people and human beings, not just as actors and their charac...more
My friend Hinkie told me that Tom Selleck was thee nicest guy when he was shooting Magnum P.I. in Hawaii, so i had to read this book.
I found out that everyone who worked with Tom said the same thing, and also that Larry Manetti starred in Baa Baa Black Sheep before landing the role of Orville 'Rick' Wright on Magnum.
Larry dished great behind the scenes Magnum stories, as well as various other tv shows & films.
The best one was how he discovered, dated, then introduced Michelle Pfeiffer to a...more
Sam Jayne
so far so good- hee hee I got this as a gift and wow- what a story! Larry Maneti played the bartender on magnum PI and mre than that is a real character in the real world. Prt 2- okay so now I kinda slowed don on reading it because once you get the pace and all the hijinks, These perhaps told at the bar a few times stories are something you don't really need to read all the way through. I'm going to pick up on it later, for bits of inspirational hollywood 'wisdom'.
Trina
Nothing amazing here, but this was a fun read for me bec of my summers spent at the colony surf in Oahu where my grandparents lived. A few of his stories took place there and some of these incidents (Tom sellecks son rolling jeep out of elevated garage) I witnessed and remember
Amity Kirby
This is a fun book. A must read for any Magnum fan. Not great literature but fun nonetheless. Larry's personality comes through this book with all his stories. If you are/were a fan of the show this is a quick easy read with neat stories and a few good chuckles.
Aubrey
This is an excellent stocking stuffer -- an insider's account of the best show ever aired on television.
Kerry
Interesting read for fans of Magnum, P.I. If you aren't a fan of the show, don't bother.
NK
I enjoy the show (still watching re-runs) and thought that the back stories were great.
Rob
easy read for fans of the show.
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Leah Halkett
Leah Halkett marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Rob Winter
Rob Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Diane Braund
Diane Braund marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Miss.terri
Miss.terri marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Moe
Moe marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
fantasticbookblog
fantasticbookblog marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013