Start by marking “Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)” as Want to Read:
Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)

Unholy Alliance (Unholy Alliance #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  32 reviews
A vampire with a conscience and a mission. The young man bound to destroy her.

Forced to unite—will they open their hearts?
Published November 22nd 2011 (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Unholy Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unholy Alliance

Cassandra
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

I have this book in ebook both as a stand alone and boxed set, and I won an audiobook copy through a multi-author giveaway to get through Audible.

The cover seems to have gone through several versions, but several seem to have the same green eyed cover model which I really like. I have a thing with book covers have stunning eyes and the green eyes definitely fit and grab my attention.

My son and I listened to the audiobook on the way to and
Tina
Even though I don’t like vampire novels, I decided to give this a try and I’m glad I did. The story of a vampire with a soul meeting (and possibly falling in love with) someone devoted to killing vampires isn’t a new idea. Even so, this book kept my attention from beginning to end. Maggie is an interesting character who is strong and competent yet flawed. I hope future books offer a little more insight into her past and what motivates her. Shane is very endearing though I find it hard to believe ...more
Katherine Adams
Do-gooder vampire Maggie and her best friend Hannah, a witch, have spent the last hundred years or so helping people who need it. Working at a half way house for troubled teens, they encounter Rachel, who so obviously needs help, but from what they do not know. Maggie is instantly drawn to Rachel's brother Shane, but from him she receives mixed signals. Little does Maggie know that Shane and his sister are Chasers, born vampire hunters. Can Maggie and Shane overcome their inborn struggles and fa ...more
Heather
Vampires

I read this out of order. Lol, really I wasn't expecting much. However, I can say it was really good. Actually think it was better than the second book. It had a good story line with a lot of action and drama. I still can say I wasn't overly fond of the ending. However, by reading the other book I already knew what was going to happen later. I will confess also that up until the middle of the book I didn't even realize I had read the second one. I was too consumed in the story.
Ok, this Vampire novel took me by surprise. It is not the typical vampire romance.

I would have never picked up this book, if I wasn't that I had won the audible version a few months ago. I don't even remember entering the contest. I'm so bad.

I probably would not have even read it yet, if it wasn't that I was looking for a "Y" book that I already owned to satisfy an A-Z challenge, since I did not want to spend additional money on a book nor commit to reading the book within 2 weeks.

Well, oh well
Cynthia
Jan 25, 2012 Cynthia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
Unholy Alliance proved to be a real page-turner. The characters are interesting and likable, the story line was well thought out and flowed well.

What I really thought was cool about this book is the fact that it's not a typical, run-of-the-mill vampire romance. The vampires are even a little different in this book. I love when an author thinks outside the box. The author also incorporated a vampiric, soulless creature called a Cataratare, which I've never even heard of.

Now, the only reason I d
Shauna Leonhardt
WOW WOW WOW!!! This was an amazing book. so original and kept me wanting to read it. I love all characters. I love the plot and it's keeping me wanting more!!! I wish it was longer!!!

I love Maggie.... a vampire with a soul... who would have guessed the twist. she is loving and compassionate and so genuine.

Shane... love him. His oh so manly ego that dissolves away when he realizes how much he loves the one thing he is always trying to kill.

Hannah, Rachel and Chole... Also amazing characters. I
Mark
Unholy Alliance told in first person is the story of Maggie a former vampire Hunter, called Chasers in this book now a vampire for quite a while. Despite it being short in length, this book was an enjoyment to read, it's chapters alternating between Maggie and a chaser named Shane Campton who gradually grow close despite who they are. Overall an interesting beginning to a series.
Kim
I recently got the upcoming third book in the series, Beloved Enemy, from NetGalley, not realizing that it was a part of a series. So I picked up the beginning books and I am glad I did! The story is engaging and the characters are varied and interesting.

Maggie is our main character, the vampire with a soul and a desire to resist being the monster that most vampires are. She is honest and kind and she has chosen to live differently and separately from others of her kind. Instead, she spends her
Allyson
I was given a free copy for my honest review thru the author. I loved this book. The plot is excellent and will have you hooked early in the book. The characters are believable and loved them. I wish I could of read this book in one sitting considering it's not a long book but life got in my way. If you enjoy vampire novels or series check this book out it won't disappoint! Can't wait too read more from Lacy Yager :) Thank you again for letting me read & review
Elif Işık
I received the book free in exchange for a honest review.

At first I thought it will be a classic young adult vampire fiction; a vampire falls in love with his/her mortal enemy and they try to figure out how they continue this relationship... Some concepts were similar, but the storyline was very good.

There were a lot of unpredictable scenes, there were times I though "No way". Explanations were at the right places and at the end I had a lot of questions about what will happen in the next book.
Kay LaLone
Loved this book. I can't wait to read more. This book is written in Maggie's POV and in Shane's POV which shows the conflict these two main characters share. Great page turner. Nice twists. Satisfying ending.
Rachel Esther
Vampire YA is a hard genre to distinguish yourself in. Lacy and Haley Yager to do a good job. Their vampires have two sides, human and demonic. The more time the vampire spends being human (and feeding off donated blood) the better control they have over the demon.

The story switches POV between Maggie, a good vampire in control of her demonic side, and Shane, a Chaser raised to kill vampires. Not surprisingly romance flares between them but the bad vampires are never far away.

The characterizati
Lauren Stoolfire
*Note: I received a free copy of Unholy Alliance in exchange for an honest review.*

Unholy Alliance isn't your typical vampire/ vampire hunter story with a helping of romance thrown into the mix. It's got a lot of other things going for it even if the romance angle isn't your thing - like it's not normally mine. This YA urban-fantasy has plenty of action which kicks off right from the first page. I also particularly liked the dual point of view between Maggie, the vampire, and Shane, the hunter.
Tera
This rating is more like a 3.5.

Vampire/do-gooder Maggie and her best friend Hannah (a witch) spend their time helping troubled teens. Maggie is different from most vampires as she does not kill people to survive (sound familiar?). Maggie's always too busy helping others to focus on her own life until the brother of a troubled teen catches her eye. He (Shane) is "Chaser"/do-gooder who is raising his two sisters (Rachel and Chloe) as well as protecting the world from vampires. Now how is this goi
Cassandra
My Thoughts - 4 out of 5 Unicorns - I really liked it!!!

My son and I listened to the audiobook on the way to and
Carrie
Sep 10, 2013 Carrie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a completely entertaining and enjoyable read! I don’t think that the synopsis does this book justice as the adorable YA read that it is. It was filled with YA romantic cuteness, oodles of action, and an addictive enough storyline that I’m really sad there is not a second book available right now.

The story POV switches back and forth between Maggie, a reluctant vampire, and Shane, the teen heart-throb of a Chaser (aka v
Jennifer Vanlew
I received a copy of this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Maggie, a vampire with a conscience and her best friend Hannah, a witch that can heal, live at a house for troubled youth. One night while at the hospital, Hannah meets a girl that is being abused by her father and has Maggie try to convince her to leave her home and get some help. While there, Maggie meets Rachel, Shane's sister. She is pretty beat up and ends up getting sent to the E.W. House which was court ordered
Alice Reeds
My review can also be found on my blog: Bettgeschichten

I received this book in exchange for a honest review.
I've read Unholy Alliance in a matter of hours because I just couldn't put it down. When I signed up to review it I thought that it might very well be the typical cheese vampire/human(hunter) story which wouldn't really get me interested but it turned out the opposite way. I'm not a big fan of Vampire-stories anymore but I really enjoyed this read.
The story is very entertaining and filled
 Marla
4.5 stars! I LOVED the characters and I liked the alternating POV between Maggie and Shane.

I just realized this book was written by a 16 year old and her sister, and I'm so impressed and look forward to reading more from her. If she is just going to get better, I can't wait!

Likes:
* I'm just a sucker for good vampires that don't kill humans
* Great characters that I feel like I know, and now that I finished the book (in 26 hours), I now miss them
* Snarky and funny dialogue
* Yes, romance happens in
Laura Huijser
Oh my gosh I REALLY loved this book. Shane and Maggie seriously lacked communication in their little relationship though, and they really frustrated me at times, but other than that it was well written and I really enjoyed it! Part of the reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is for some parts (not all, it was good most of the time) it dragged on a little bit and their relationship never really got anywhere or even got worse, which really frustrated me. I'll definitely check out the rest of th ...more
Grace Smiley
** I received this book in exchange for an honest review**

Let me start by saying wow. Unholy Alliance is not your typical young adult vampire novel.
I felt parts were a little rushed and the ending seemed to creep up on me. I was reading it and next bam, done!

I liked the character development. Even in the minor characters such as Lily. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they all play their parts in the next novel.

Action. The action was good. I loved how it was the focus of the book, but it
Angi
This was really good. I like the characters and their story. Since I read a later one first by accident, I knew some of the background. It was such an interesting take on vampires and vampire hunters, with all of the many extra characters I felt like it could have gone wrong, but it didn't. We got to know each one just enough to be invested in their story but weren't bogged down by too much detail. It was quite good.
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
The story line is full of action with a little romance weaved in.Loved the characters.Although it's not new to have vampires and other paranormal's mix,this is cleverly done. Maggies character is different in many ways.she strong and independent helps humans,very different from other vampire stories I have read.
Miss Kate Reads
While the writing style feels a little choppy to me and the "first person present tense" style isn't always my favorite, I found that I was quickly drawn into the story and the characters. While I wasn't a big fan of Rachel, I could still understand her and I look forward to reading more about her (and Alex - yum, I love a bad boy) in "Shadow Alliance".

I enjoyed the different dynamics - friendships, tensions, romances, and family in all it's forms wonderful and challenging - that this book inte
Linzi Selby
I was given this book as a gift for reviewing the second book.
This was a great read, the plot was war thought of and the chemistry between the characters Was brilliant.
The book went into detail where necessary but wasn't boring how some books can become with detail.
I found d-a great start to the series.
melissa j Bright
Enjoyable read

This was an good read. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I hope to read more from this author soon.
Kelsey
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was excited to get a chance to read and review this book, thanks Lacy :) This book was right up my alley. Maggie was an easy character to love. Nothing wins my heart more than a character fighting their own nature to be something better. Great storyline and wonderful characters. I read the book in a few hours. I couldn't get enough! I'm headed straight to the Kindle store to buy the second book in the series. Can't wait :)
Nathalie
First of all I would love to thank both authors for giving me the opportunity to read this spectacular book!! I absolutely loved it! I enjoyed the story and the characters! I need book number 2 ASAP!!!
Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)
This isn't the normal vampire/vampire hunter story. There's some mystery in it, and the characters all have something hidden beneath the surface. The chemistry between all the characters wasn't cheesy, but real.

Reading the story from Shane's point of view and Maggie's was a nice touch. It wasn't like reading the same event twice, but you are able to read their differing perspectives.

I enjoyed reading Unholy Alliance and would absolutely love to read more about Shane and Maggie!
  • Mind Games (Cassie Scot #3)
  • When Angels Fall
  • Glass Frost (First Frost, #2)
  • Fanged Outcast (Fanged Princess, #2)
  • The Ancient Fae (The World of Fae, #4)
  • Bearing It All (The Jamesburg Shifters #2)
  • Zoe & Zak and the Yogi's Curse (Zoe & Zak Adventures, #2)
  • Cade (Le Beau Brothers, #1)
  • Found (Penny Black #1)
  • Breed of Envy
  • Princess Madeline and the Dragon
  • Avian (The Dragonrider Chronicles, #2)
  • Darker Days (The Darker Agency, #1)
  • Don't Kill Dinner (The Rules, #1)
  • Echo Across Time (The Echo Saga, #1)
  • Salt (Salt, #1)
  • The Keeper and the Rune Stone (The Black Ledge Series, #1)
  • On the Edge (On the Edge, #1)
LACY YAGER is a pseudonym for Lacy Williams, who also writes Inspirational romance under that name. As the oldest of three siblings, Lacy exhibits most of the typical first-child characteristics and has always loved to boss around her younger siblings. Now that she’s married with two kids and three dogs, she has plenty of people to play house with!

During high school, Lacy completed the course WRI
More about Lacy Yager...
Rival Shadow Allegiance (Unholy Alliance, #2.1) Beloved Enemy (Unholy Alliance #3) Alliance / Allegiance / Rival / Enemy: a young adult vampire 4-book collection Unholy Alliance Boxed Set (volumes 1, 2 & 2.1)

“we don’t have time for more discussion or even worse—female tears.” 1 likes