Start by marking “Scott Pilgrim: Proti celému vesmíru (Scott Pilgrim, #5)” as Want to Read:
Scott Pilgrim: Proti celému vesmíru  (Scott Pilgrim, #5)

Scott Pilgrim: Proti celému vesmíru (Scott Pilgrim #5)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  21,674 Ratings  ·  654 Reviews
Svět nestačí. Proč mu musí být už čtyřiadvacet? Proč se ho roboti pořád snaží zabít? Proč se kapela rozpadá? Proč se Ramona chová divně? Proč ho ta úžasná, zabijácká japonská dvojčata nenechají na pokoji? Sledujte, jestli na ně Scott Pilgrim dostane odpovědi… nebo při jejich hledání padne!

Scottovi Pilgrimovi je 24 let, hraje v rockové kapele, zrovna je bez práce a chodil s
Published November 2nd 2011 by BB art (first published February 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Scott Pilgrim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scott Pilgrim

Caroline
Nov 15, 2015 Caroline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THIS is actually probably my least favourite of the series so far because it felt very repetitive and there wasn't much plot happening. Ramona is mad at Scott, they fight and he sleeps at the houses of his friends. They make up. The twins appear. Lather, rinse and repeat.

I still love the art style and the quirky humour; plus I am really keen for the last volume but this one was kind of disappointing.
Jim Ef
Jan 09, 2016 Jim Ef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This started with the typical nice way. It was all like cool lines, humor, Scott fighting guys, cute moments and Ramona vs Knives…. and then
image: description
BookCupid
Jan 13, 2016 BookCupid rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic
This isn't the last vol. in the series, and yet it feels like the end.

After so many physical fights Scott has endured over his girlfriend Ramona (her ex-boyfriends show up throughout the entire series), it appears he still hasn't won. Her heart that is. Ramona seems discontent with him. She no longer disguises her loss of interest in his band, dislikes his possessive nature of checking her cellphone and seems bored of putting up with his immaturity (Scott is 24 and works part-time. Can't afford
karly
Apr 20, 2013 karly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ramona, oh Ramona..

Jamil
Jul 25, 2010 Jamil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
not sure why I didn't get this on my first read but...

Vol. 4 okay, is a retread of all the moves of the series so far, the ex battle, the game elements, the girl from Scott's past, Scott being clueless & dumb. Amplified, played for laughs sure, but the moves are old, tired and you've seen 'em before. There's a cursory feint towards Scott growing up, getting his shit together which gives it an illusion of change, but really, Vol. 4 is the same ol' Scott Pilgrim, the one you know and love. And
Mohammed
Aug 15, 2015 Mohammed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scott pilgrim never disappoints. This was such a AWESOME Graphic novel. It opens up and makes it ready for the final volume. This has also got to be one of my favorites in the whole series. So EPIC!!! The ending had me like "I need the final book now!!!" It had everything you need in graphic novel. Epicness, humor, action and much much more. The evil ex boyfriends were AMAZING! And just everything was AMAZING!Overall this book was KICKASS and AWESOME
Becky
Jun 18, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
These books man. Sometimes it's like reading about my friends. Here we are, 24 or so, dead broke, trying to make a go of it, hurting each other every time we turn around. My favourite part in this book is when Kim gets on a train:
Scott: Sorry about... everything.
Kim:Not your fault.
Scott: *thinks really hard for a couple of panels* I'm sorry about me.
Kim: Apology accepted.

The moments of realizations, the coming to terms with ourselves as bad people, and then taking those steps and saying the hard
Michelle. D.
So this is a review for the entire series.
it was amazzzzing by the way.

The characters were so unique and interacted with each other soooo well and it was just awesome!!!
Scott- Funny as hell.
Ramona- Cool as hell.
Knives- Obsessed as hell.
Stephen Stills- Laid back as hell.
Kim- Awesome as hell.
Stacey- Normal as hell.
Wallace- Amazing as hell.
Young Neil- Cute as hell.
Gideon- Annoying as hell.
Natalie(aka Envy)- Retarded as hell.
Lisa- Random as hell.
Julie- Mean as hell.
Mathew Petal- Amusing as hell.
Luca
DJ
So much like the movie, yet an entire entity of its own. So worth the five stars! What can I say, though, without spoiling it?

This is the book where Scott's voyage through the Seven Deadly Exes really takes a turn. The fight against the Katayanagi twins, Kyle and Ken, was so different and new, I almost thought Scott wouldn't make it to the end of the book--whether he did or not is for you to read. (although, come on, there is a book 6).

There are more parties Scott and Ramona attend, more random
Elizabeth
Dec 02, 2010 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Another hilarious book from Brian Lee O'Malley! I love the world he creates for the characters. I also love that he leaves no stone unturned. He'll bring back some things from the first couple of books, and it fits so well with the storyline. It's sheer perfection. I love how even though a little faith goes a long way in Scott's fights, he is still so insecure about his relationship with Ramona. There are a lot of really funny scenes. Most of them incorporate what's being drawn around characters ...more
Tammy
Oct 20, 2010 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty sure this is the Empire Strikes Back of the series. I really loved it.
Matt Smith
Aug 05, 2015 Matt Smith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015, comics
I remember when Scott Pilgrim Vol. 5 came out. The anticipation. The excitement. The drama. The need to read it as son as I got my hands on it. The claim that once again Bryan Lee O'Malley really nailed it and knocked it out of the park.

But having read it again, now, finally, years after knowing how it ends and where it all goes, I find myself very... conlicted.

I'll go back to Harry Potter. That's the easiest comparison. I remember with Harry Potter that I really liked the sixth book, but didn't
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Oct 10, 2010 Greta is Erikasbuddy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
By far this is one of the best!!

The pictures were fab and I freaking LOVE all the pannels with the cat in it!!

- A Review from a mother of a 13 year old boy -

* Not really a ton of crude language in this one. I was shocked that the word Asshat was used. I mean... This was written by a dude... I actaully had to explain to my hubz what an asshat was, a couple of months ago. He then told me that dudes don't say that word. Maybe he just didn't get the memo.

* There are 3 pannels of shadow nookie but th
J.G. Keely
Aug 03, 2010 J.G. Keely rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, reviewed
I think what annoys me about the sort of music fandom depicted by the Scott Pilgrim characters is not simply that they value music solely because of their emotional reactions to it, but they act as if this somehow makes them special, as if their emotional connection to the music were somehow more valid than the average jugglette's.

Then there's the obsession with the rarity of music: collecting unknown bands and staking claim, which is a symptom of the fact that most trendy people don't recognize
Freesiab
Jan 11, 2016 Freesiab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating individually is hard. Book 5 has a lot of inner conflicts for the characters
Sophie (The Uneducated Reader) Aylmore
carried on my goodwill from the last volume. 3.5 stars.
Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
I don't even like graphic novels, but these are amazing. They make me happy for some reason.
Keith Moser
May 08, 2015 Keith Moser rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Enjoyed this one possibly as much as I did the first volume. Scott had fewer total idiot moments (although confusing his brother [with a different last name] for Gideon does rank up there on the Idio-meter) and the full-volume conflict between Scott and the twins (and their robots) was adventurous.

I liked seeing Ramona & Kim interact more, and I wonder if the ending of the novels is going to be a lot different than the movie... I'm definitely sensing something that might happen, but I don't
Marco
Dec 06, 2011 Marco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Scott Pilgrim and I finished this book in a day!!!!!!!!
Eric Mesa
I read Scott Pilgrim in its original manga-sized, black and white form when it first came out. With the final volume of the color version coming out this year, I thought it would be a great time to revisit the story as well as looking at how the addition of color changes things. I’ll be exploring the story and themes volume by volume. This time, volume 5.

For the most part, everyone’s era of extended adolescence is coming to an end. Some of the blame for this development can be laid upon the shou
Nicola Mansfield
Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

This was the worst book in the series for me. It's Scott's 24th birthday and he has matured a bit like I wanted him to over the course of these books. At least he's no longer using girls and being a major jerk, though he is still a jerk. Ramona's behaviour is suddenly all out of character and she appears to just disappear. o..kay?... Anyone doing the math is not surprised to know that this book's boyfriend will have to be twins, otherwise how do we get 7 ev
Sam Quixote
Aug 23, 2012 Sam Quixote rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’ve made it to the fifth volume, chances are you won’t need much to get you to read it and then the next – you’re probably too invested in the series to even question whether or not it’s as good, etc. But of course it is. With Scott and Ramona in relationship heaven, living together happily, stormy weather was bound to make its way to them sooner or later, and it does. Ramona finds out Scott’s was in a relationship with Knives Chau when he began seeing her and she flips out.

While Scott wa
Justin
This volume is similar to Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness, in that it breaks the formula to slow things down a bit and get all introspective. It’s exactly what the series needed at this point, but just as with the third volume, I found myself scrabbling for purchase a bit before hopping on board.

The ongoing war against the evil exes is almost an afterthought, this time around. That battle goes on in the background and is resolved quietly and without much fanfare. Meanwhile, the bulk of th
Sofia
Jan 15, 2011 Sofia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Posted on my book blog.

Knowing this was the second to last volume of the Scott Pilgrim series, I was expecting this to be the book in which everything sort of goes wrong in preparation to the redemption at the end of the series. Well, I was right. This one is much grimmer than the others, and consequently isn't as fun to read.

It feels like every character has gone downhill for this one. With the exception of Scott, who despite all his failings, actually manages to mature somewhat, and Kim, who s
MacK
Jun 07, 2009 MacK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As has been said before by other reviewers: this volume of the Scott Pilgrim adventures is Scott Pilgrim gone dark, darker than dark, opaque, black, bleak, desolate. Few things capture that better than Scott's final dream, in which he crawls over desert to complain to a cactus about his lonliness...only to end up spooning his friend Stephen Stills.

Unlike others, I still saw humor here, not as much as in other volumes, but good hearty amusement. The artistry of sliding doors, the jaded confusion
Jack
Feb 22, 2009 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, comics
First of all, why does it take O'Malley A YEAR to write a book that it takes me TWENTY MINUTES to read?! Cripes, it went so fast that I barely even noticed it, despite like a year of anticipation.

This installment of Scott Pilgrim reads like this series' "Empire Strikes Back." It's the one that's really plot heavy where everything goes to shit to hopefully build up to a giant, spectacular climax with lots of Ewoks. (Okay, I don't know if there will actually be Ewoks in SP6, but it would be awesom
Ryan
Feb 08, 2009 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this this morning in one sitting. Volume 5 of Scott Pilgrim finds Scott getting "old" (24), and reaching awkwardly adult moments with his bandmates, his girlfriend, and her league of evil ex-boyfriends that he has to fight to win her heart. In short, it's just another Scott Pilgrim book :o)

The further I get into this series, the more I realize that Kim Pine is my favourite character in the series. She's snarky when she needs to be, emotionally mature when others require it of her, and hop
SophieBooks
This was probably the most uneventful book of the series, I really do love this series but this book was flat and a little boring. But all in all I still love the characters. However, I'm a little tired of Ramona being so complicated with Scott, sure they're alright but right now I'm kind of shipping Kim and Ramona?
Ana Luisa
May 01, 2015 Ana Luisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Portada increíble: CHECK
Villanos buenos: CHECK
Más Ramona & Scott: CHECK
Final que deja a la expectativa: CHECK

Me encantó este volumen, se ha convertido en mi favorito de la historia y definitivamente prepara el terreno para el 6to y último volumen de la historia. *Se va por el subterráneo mágico*
Nicolo Yu
Jan 30, 2014 Nicolo Yu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
The penultimate volume of Bryan Lee O'Malley's Scott Pilgrim ends on a sad note. Scott will undoubtedly sink to his nadir in the next volume. He's all alone now, his oldest friend, Kim has just left him, and so does Ramona, crawling back to Gideon it seems. But it will be Kim whose loss will hit him the hardest. His greatest fear is realized.
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Hit-Girl
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé
  • Flight, Vol. 5 (Flight, #5)
  • Fables, Vol. 8: Wolves
  • Adventure Time Vol. 2
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer:  Time of Your Life (Season 8, #4)
  • Demo: The Collection
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and forme ...more
More about Bryan Lee O'Malley...

Scott Pilgrim (6 books)
  • Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life (Scott Pilgrim, #1)
  • Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World (Scott Pilgrim, #2)
  • Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness (Scott Pilgrim, #3)
  • Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together (Scott Pilgrim, #4)
  • Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour (Scott Pilgrim, #6)

“You stole him with your advanced American slut technology! You're not nice!” 11 likes
“We have a mutual friend, see, and she- Ah, screw it. This is Gideon. When would it be convenient for you to die?” 5 likes