Start by marking “Tides of Passion” as Want to Read:
Tides of Passion
Preview

Tides of Passion (Seaswept Seduction Series)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An Unconventional Woman
Spirited Savannah Conner is passionately committed to stamping out social injustice. Yet when she arrives in the seaside town of Pilot Isle, North Carolina, ready to take up a new cause, she quickly finds herself on the outs with the town constable. Zachariah Garrett is the most arrogant, infuriating, maddeningly attractive man it's ever been her m
Published October 17th 2011 (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Tides of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tides of Passion

Rachelle Ayala
Absolutely passionate. When headstrong Savannah Connor, activist from New York, meets Zach Garrett, the constable and keeper of peace in Pilot Isle, trouble brews and sparks fly. Savannah is a liberated woman, determined to keep herself independent from any man's control whereas Zach is a wounded widower determined to never love or marry again.

When the two decide on a friends with benefits arrangement, neither is prepared for the depth and strength of their hidden desires. Always with their wire
Catherine
I am embarrassed to admit that I didn’t initially realize that this was a Historical Romance. The cover screamed contemporary to me and although the book summary mentioned that the heroine, Savannah, was a reformer, that didn’t strike me as impossible for a modern woman. Added, to that, the writing and dialogue seemed modern. I somehow completely missed the date on the first page--I must be blind!--and found myself more and more perplexed by the attitudes expressed toward Savannah’s determinatio ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Made it to about 30% in this one. Having a hard time getting into it. I feel like Zach can't decide if he is going to have a battle of wills with Savannah or just fall for her. He feels wishy-washy. Same for Savannah. I think they needed to be at each other's throats more rather than this odd negotiating that is going on.

Just not grabbing me.
The_Book_Queen
Originally posted on TBQ's Book Palace

~*~*~*~

Tracy Sumner has a real talent for writing a great historical romance, one filled with southern charm and a small town feel. Best of all, the chemistry between Zach and Savannah practically sizzles right off the pages!

When we were first introduced to the Garrett brothers in Tides of Love, I knew that Zach's story would have to be special—and so would his woman. Upon starting Tides of Passion, I was glad to see that I was right. Savannah is a very s
Molly
May 25, 2012 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: Goddess Fish
Tracy Sumner is one of my new favorite authors. Wow! I absolutely adored both of these novels. From start to finish, these books captivated me and transported me to another time and place, and made me feel a true part of Pilot Isle and the Garret family. I felt every emotional, from turmoil to love, that these amazingly created characters felt. The writing style that Ms. Sumner uses is beyond incredible.

In Tides Of Love, we get the first glimpse of the Garrets. They're a family filled with heart
Cocktails and Books
When I read Tides of Love I didn't think there was anything more to Constable Zach Garrett than what we saw. Come to find out, he's not a man you can take at face value.

His wife died two years prior, leaving him to raise their small son and stew in the guilt that he wasn't able to save her or their unborn child. He's decided that he will never marry again and he won't have any more children, because that is the only way he can protect himself. So he goes along with his days, keeping the good peo
Andrea
Zachariah is a man with a weight of the world on his shoulders. He lost his wife a couple years ago and is raising his son alone. He is the town constable that everyone goes to for help and advice. He is getting through life one day at a time while doing his best to live up to his responsibilities and taking care of everyone else.

Savannah blazes into town with her suffragette ideals and determination to make a difference for women. She has a heart of gold and the courage to stand up to anyone in
Karen
Tides of Love, the first book in this series was the first time I had read anything by Tracy Sumner and I thought it was okay. Well Tides of Passion was so much more than just okay. I really really enjoyed it. I'll certainly now be looking at anything Tracy writes in the future.

This seems to be a series centred around three brothers. Tides of Love is Noah's story and Tides of Passion is the eldest brother Zachariah's story. I am hoping that the author is planning a story for Caleb, even though
Reading Haven
"With Tides of Passion, Ms. Tracy Sumner created two well-rounded, complex protagonists that readers will like. I always appreciate strong, intelligent heroines, and Savannah most definitely surpass that... the dialogue is witty and hilarious. Savannah is a riot (pun intended). For sure, dear readers, you will find this novel entertaining too, and I do recommend it."

Reviewed at the Reading Haven.

Rated 3.5 out of 5 White Roses.

Content rated with the Red Rose.

Terri
Wow. I loved this book. I loved the first one, though it was sometimes a little disconnected feeling, but this author certainly is working on her craft. The story was so sweet, the characters so likable, both harboring ghosts that tugged at their souls, with enviable strength of character. I loved the story. This is definitely going in my re-read pile.

I just bought the rest of this author's books and I'm looking forward to reading the next in this series, due near the end of the year.
Seriously Reviewed
It has been awhile since I came across a full length historical that just popped. Granted, I read a lot but I have to say that this one had just a little something extra that really made it special.

Witty, sweet, well-written...all that and more is what I found in Ms Sumners wonderful Historical. I was knocked off my rocker more than once by this tale and I am glad I was :) You can bet that I am going to be reading more from this author soon :)
Nikki
Feb 17, 2012 Nikki marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this book is on fire call the fire brigade quick
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
KH
KH added it
Sep 28, 2014
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Mary Mathews
Mary Mathews marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Chris Huntley
Chris Huntley marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Danita Moon
Danita Moon marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Check out the new release of her novels on Amazon, B&N and Smashwords in November 2011!
***
Tides of Passion
National Reader's Choice~Best Long Historical
Beacon Award~Best Historical
HOLT Medallion Finalist~Best Historical
***
Tracy’s story telling career began when she picked up a copy of LaVyrle Spencer’s Vows on a college beach trip. A journalism degree and a thousand romance novels later, she d
More about Tracy Sumner...

Seaswept Seduction Series (2 books)
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance) To Seduce a Rogue (Southern Heat, #1) To Desire a Scoundrel (Southern Heat, #2) Carolina Rose Christmas Kisses

“Yes. Kissing. Overrated."

"I could change your mind," Zach said, surprising the hell out of them both. Why would he take something as simple as this banter as a challenge? "I don't know that I want to, but I feel right sure I could."

"How arrogant. How typically male."

"I suppose." He shrugged and reached for the wine bottle. "More?"

She nodded, frowning now. "How do you know you could change my mind? It's been a long time since you... well—"

"Over two years." The pain was there, an ache in his chest he imagined he would feel every time he thought of Hannah.

And he thought of her every day. Dreamed of her about as often. But lately, maybe only in the past week, he'd begun to realize that his life had not ended with his wife's.

He either had to die or start living again.”
4 likes
“Are you willing?"

Through the shadows, he found her gleaming eyes, her slightly curved mouth. "No, it's too reckless. Too irresponsible."

"You're sounding like a father. Or a constable, Constable."

"I'm both, Miss Connor."

He watched her lips tilt and flow into a glorious smile. "Rory's in bed, safe and sound. Most of the town is in bed, safe and sound. And you're here, with a pragmatic woman who can take care of herself. Two adults and one magnificent challenge."

"More like a dare," he said and drained his glass.

She took a step closer, until her skirt brushed his knee. "Call it a dare if you like."

"No." His resolve slipped a notch when she crouched before him, the pleasing angles of her face flooding into view. She was much, much too tempting.

"I'll do it all. You don't have to participate. That should be enough to prove my case."

"I wasn't serious when I said that. I'm sure you're not, hell, frigid."

She leaned in, her hands sliding along the arms of the chair, her face fading out of view as it closed in on his.

A scent, provocative and earthy, stole in with his stuttered breath. "You see, Constable, I'm always serious." He watched her moisten her lips, so near he could almost taste her. "Close your eyes. I've heard that's the way it's done.”
1 likes