Start by marking “Tides of Passion” as Want to Read:
Tides of Passion

Tides of Passion (Seaswept Seduction Series)

An Unconventional Woman
Spirited Savannah Conner is passionately committed to stamping out social injustice. Yet when she arrives in the seaside town of Pilot Isle, North Carolina, ready to take up a new cause, she quickly finds herself on the outs with the town constable. Zachariah Garrett is the most arrogant, infuriating, maddeningly attractive man it's ever been her m
Published October 17th 2011 (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Tides of Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tides of Passion

Rachelle Ayala
Jun 07, 2013 Rachelle Ayala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely passionate. When headstrong Savannah Connor, activist from New York, meets Zach Garrett, the constable and keeper of peace in Pilot Isle, trouble brews and sparks fly. Savannah is a liberated woman, determined to keep herself independent from any man's control whereas Zach is a wounded widower determined to never love or marry again.

When the two decide on a friends with benefits arrangement, neither is prepared for the depth and strength of their hidden desires. Always with their wire
Mandi Schreiner
Made it to about 30% in this one. Having a hard time getting into it. I feel like Zach can't decide if he is going to have a battle of wills with Savannah or just fall for her. He feels wishy-washy. Same for Savannah. I think they needed to be at each other's throats more rather than this odd negotiating that is going on.

Just not grabbing me.
Catherine
I am embarrassed to admit that I didn’t initially realize that this was a Historical Romance. The cover screamed contemporary to me and although the book summary mentioned that the heroine, Savannah, was a reformer, that didn’t strike me as impossible for a modern woman. Added, to that, the writing and dialogue seemed modern. I somehow completely missed the date on the first page--I must be blind!--and found myself more and more perplexed by the attitudes expressed toward Savannah’s determinatio ...more
Cocktails and Books
When I read Tides of Love I didn't think there was anything more to Constable Zach Garrett than what we saw. Come to find out, he's not a man you can take at face value.

His wife died two years prior, leaving him to raise their small son and stew in the guilt that he wasn't able to save her or their unborn child. He's decided that he will never marry again and he won't have any more children, because that is the only way he can protect himself. So he goes along with his days, keeping the good peo
The_Book_Queen
Originally posted on TBQ's Book Palace

~*~*~*~

Tracy Sumner has a real talent for writing a great historical romance, one filled with southern charm and a small town feel. Best of all, the chemistry between Zach and Savannah practically sizzles right off the pages!

When we were first introduced to the Garrett brothers in Tides of Love, I knew that Zach's story would have to be special—and so would his woman. Upon starting Tides of Passion, I was glad to see that I was right. Savannah is a very s
Karen
Tides of Love, the first book in this series was the first time I had read anything by Tracy Sumner and I thought it was okay. Well Tides of Passion was so much more than just okay. I really really enjoyed it. I'll certainly now be looking at anything Tracy writes in the future.

This seems to be a series centred around three brothers. Tides of Love is Noah's story and Tides of Passion is the eldest brother Zachariah's story. I am hoping that the author is planning a story for Caleb, even though
Andrea
Jan 09, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-lendable
Zachariah is a man with a weight of the world on his shoulders. He lost his wife a couple years ago and is raising his son alone. He is the town constable that everyone goes to for help and advice. He is getting through life one day at a time while doing his best to live up to his responsibilities and taking care of everyone else.

Savannah blazes into town with her suffragette ideals and determination to make a difference for women. She has a heart of gold and the courage to stand up to anyone in
Reading Haven
"With Tides of Passion, Ms. Tracy Sumner created two well-rounded, complex protagonists that readers will like. I always appreciate strong, intelligent heroines, and Savannah most definitely surpass that... the dialogue is witty and hilarious. Savannah is a riot (pun intended). For sure, dear readers, you will find this novel entertaining too, and I do recommend it."

Reviewed at the Reading Haven.

Rated 3.5 out of 5 White Roses.

Content rated with the Red Rose.

Seriously Reviewed
It has been awhile since I came across a full length historical that just popped. Granted, I read a lot but I have to say that this one had just a little something extra that really made it special.

Witty, sweet, well-written...all that and more is what I found in Ms Sumners wonderful Historical. I was knocked off my rocker more than once by this tale and I am glad I was :) You can bet that I am going to be reading more from this author soon :)
Terri
Mar 01, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Wow. I loved this book. I loved the first one, though it was sometimes a little disconnected feeling, but this author certainly is working on her craft. The story was so sweet, the characters so likable, both harboring ghosts that tugged at their souls, with enviable strength of character. I loved the story. This is definitely going in my re-read pile.

I just bought the rest of this author's books and I'm looking forward to reading the next in this series, due near the end of the year.
Nikki
Nov 21, 2011 Nikki marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
this book is on fire call the fire brigade quick
Lin
Lin rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2012
Tanya
Tanya rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Odolfo
Odolfo rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Ches
Ches rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Jody M
Jody M rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2017
Raquel Homan
Raquel Homan rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
Marty
Marty rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Myrna Beaini
Myrna Beaini rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2013
Grace
Grace rated it liked it
May 15, 2017
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Kaama
Kaama rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Beth German
Beth German rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Lulu
Lulu rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Check out the new release of her novels on Amazon, B&N and Smashwords in November 2011!
***
Tides of Passion
National Reader's Choice~Best Long Historical
Beacon Award~Best Historical
HOLT Medallion Finalist~Best Historical
***
Tracy’s story telling career began when she picked up a copy of LaVyrle Spencer’s Vows on a college beach trip. A journalism degree and a thousand romance novels later, she d
More about Tracy Sumner...

Seaswept Seduction Series (2 books)
  • Tides Of Love

“Yes. Kissing. Overrated."

"I could change your mind," Zach said, surprising the hell out of them both. Why would he take something as simple as this banter as a challenge? "I don't know that I want to, but I feel right sure I could."

"How arrogant. How typically male."

"I suppose." He shrugged and reached for the wine bottle. "More?"

She nodded, frowning now. "How do you know you could change my mind? It's been a long time since you... well—"

"Over two years." The pain was there, an ache in his chest he imagined he would feel every time he thought of Hannah.

And he thought of her every day. Dreamed of her about as often. But lately, maybe only in the past week, he'd begun to realize that his life had not ended with his wife's.

He either had to die or start living again.”
5 likes
“Are you willing?"

Through the shadows, he found her gleaming eyes, her slightly curved mouth. "No, it's too reckless. Too irresponsible."

"You're sounding like a father. Or a constable, Constable."

"I'm both, Miss Connor."

He watched her lips tilt and flow into a glorious smile. "Rory's in bed, safe and sound. Most of the town is in bed, safe and sound. And you're here, with a pragmatic woman who can take care of herself. Two adults and one magnificent challenge."

"More like a dare," he said and drained his glass.

She took a step closer, until her skirt brushed his knee. "Call it a dare if you like."

"No." His resolve slipped a notch when she crouched before him, the pleasing angles of her face flooding into view. She was much, much too tempting.

"I'll do it all. You don't have to participate. That should be enough to prove my case."

"I wasn't serious when I said that. I'm sure you're not, hell, frigid."

She leaned in, her hands sliding along the arms of the chair, her face fading out of view as it closed in on his.

A scent, provocative and earthy, stole in with his stuttered breath. "You see, Constable, I'm always serious." He watched her moisten her lips, so near he could almost taste her. "Close your eyes. I've heard that's the way it's done.”
1 likes