Start by marking “The Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips to Clean Up Your Writing” as Want to Read:
The Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips to Clean Up Your Writing

The Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips to Clean Up Your Writing

Mignon Fogarty can't remember whether it was a misused semicolon, a chronic case of comma splicing, or an "affect" when an "effect" was called for, but at some point she had seen one mangled sentence too many. Determined to counter the slipping standards of good writing in daily discourse, Mignon created a weekly podcast called Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Bette ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published July 24th 2007 by Macmillan Audio (first published March 20th 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about The Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips to Clean Up Your Writing

Amy (Foxy)
For those who don't know who Grammar Girl is can check her out here: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/gram... She is a podcaster who helps people with their grammar.

I got this audio from the library and I might have to do another round of listening to it but this time with a pen and paper so I can take notes. *lol* When I read nonfiction I always try to gain some new knowledge. While I can't remember everything I heard there were some tips that did stand out to me. Now let's hope I can apply t
Jenn
Mar 16, 2008 Jenn rated it it was amazing
I love Grammar Girl! I love to read grammar books. Mostly because I need constant refresher courses in grammar. Grammar Girl has a weekly podcast to which I subscribe. The thing I like about her (in her podcast as well as in this audio book), is that she offers little tricks to help you remember grammatical rules. Chances are that I won't remember everything, but I will remember a few things: "I feel nauseated," is correct over "I am nauseous." How is it that I never knew that?

Mignon Fogerty voi
Jillian
Aug 26, 2008 Jillian rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who writes anything but especially magazine writers
I love this audiobook! I'm listening to it a second time since I have it checked out from the library. I'll probably listen to it a few more times too.

I just bought the book off of Barnes and Noble with a gift card I had lying around. As a former librarian I hardly ever buy books, I just check them out from the library, but this one will make a valuable reference book. The narrators voice is cute and snarky and I liked the examples she uses. I'm listening to this while making my way through The
Dana
Oct 01, 2008 Dana rated it really liked it
It's hard to rate a book that's more of a reference book than a read-it-right-through...but I love the fact that the book is out there. Grammar Girl, in case you don't know, began as a podcast. Now the book is available as an excellent reference on the tricky (and not so tricky) rules, exceptions and preferences of American (and British) grammar.
Curtis
Mar 03, 2009 Curtis rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks, reference
I've listened to this twice (while doing other things)... I'd hoped that these tips would seep into my brain but apparently I need to give this my undivided attention.

Some of these short cuts are helpful, some are just refresher, but I can never get enough of this kind of instruction; eventually I want it to be as natural as eating or breathing.
Pinky
Aug 16, 2008 Pinky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-08
Excellent fun for fans of the Grammar Girl podcasts. This is the original, shorter Grammar Girl guide; it is not the same as the Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing. The Clean Up Your Writing audio is approximately 60 minutes and Better Writing is approximately 5 hours.
Carrie
Oct 09, 2008 Carrie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people with a desire to improve their writing.
If you have an hour, you can brush up on your grammar. Mignon Fogarty makes the subject matter fun... Just when you thought that would be impossible. Her upbeat tone made listening easy. I'm looking forward to new volumes so I can learn even more!
Sarai
Feb 20, 2008 Sarai rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those wishing to improve grammar skills
Recommended to Sarai by: Amazon, blog sites
Shelves: howto-research
Very helpful. Love the CD format I would listen to it in the car and can tell a minor difference in my writing already the book acutally comes out in July and it is a must buy for me. Great, simple and easy.
Spider
May 05, 2015 Spider rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, likable, easy to understand-for "regular" folk. I am encouraged to write with the goodness & curtail overusing my beloved ellipsis... Thanks, Grammar Girl!
Adam
Jan 13, 2012 Adam rated it it was amazing
Great stuff! I'll be listening to this many times.
Maria
Aug 11, 2008 Maria rated it it was ok
I think this book would be greatly helpful to someone who didn't really know anything about grammar at all. This book really isn't for you if you have a decent knowledge of grammar.
Tom Hansen
Jul 28, 2011 Tom Hansen rated it really liked it
Good audiobook. Short and easy to comprehend.
Daniel Gaddy
Mar 04, 2016 Daniel Gaddy rated it it was amazing
I love her podcasts and this was no different. She really makes this stuff accessible and helps you retain the info.
Elisabeth
Jul 20, 2009 Elisabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun little tome about grammar. Her examples with Aardvark and Snail are pretty cute.
Bronson Lauper
Mar 11, 2010 Bronson Lauper rated it it was amazing
Fairly basic stuff, but it's Grammar Girl, and I love listening to the way she presents her material.
Heather
Heather rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2010
Darin Calhoun
Darin Calhoun rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2012
Roxie Prince
Roxie Prince rated it really liked it
May 21, 2012
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2008
Pearl Bensimoun
Pearl Bensimoun rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Vinhdao
Vinhdao rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2014
Halie
Halie rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2008
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2014
Pattama Jarupunphol
Pattama Jarupunphol rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2016
Alicia Adams
Alicia Adams rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
dawn
dawn rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2008
Britney Johnson
Britney Johnson rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2011
Alisha Akers
Alisha Akers rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2017
Katie Kleier
Katie Kleier rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
620146
Better known as Grammar Girl.
More about Mignon Fogarty...