Start by marking “Pharaoh's Son” as Want to Read:
Pharaoh's Son

Pharaoh's Son (Memphis Cycle #3)

BOOK 3 OF THE MEMPHIS CYCLE As Prince Khay, son of Ramesses the Great, is marshalling a procession for a festival, one of the colossal statues of his grandfather comes crashing down into a throng of worshippers, bringing the feast day of the good god Ptah to a sudden, bloody end. Khay finds clues that show that the fall was not an accident. The collapse of the great stone ...more
Paperback, Second Revised Edition, 458 pages
Published April 1st 2012 by Createspace (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Pharaoh's Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pharaoh's Son

James Hockey
Apr 07, 2012 James Hockey rated it really liked it
This story is a conundrum in a setting that to many is already mysterious, that of ancient Egypt.

Diana Wilder peels back the veil shrouding this society of 3000 years ago. She peoples it with a royal household inhabited by engaging, understandable and believable characters.

Many mystery novels are predictable; the solution broadcasts itself in a way that is a spoiler from quite early on. This is not such a novel. The mystery here is a page-turner where overlapping layers of the unexplained unfold
Lee Holz
Apr 26, 2012 Lee Holz rated it it was amazing
Pharaoh’s Son is a first rate historical mystery. When I saw the description of this book my first reaction was who needs another murder mystery set in ancient Egypt? God knows there are a lot of them available, but this is like asking who needs another first rate mystery period, and the answer is me and every lover of good mysteries, which is just what this book is – a terrific mystery with a satisfyingly complex plot. The setting is a major plus because the Egypt of Ramasses II is laid out in ...more
Kelsea (Miz. Reader)
(May Contain Spoilers Towards the End) This book was hard for me to get into at first. Maybe I was having a hard time concentrating, but I don't know, it just took me a while to get there. But when I did I really liked it.

On of the confusing things for me in the beginning was the names. So many of the names sound the same, but as I got further into the book it became easier to tell the characters apart.

You know in history class you always hear that Ramses II had tons and tons of kids, but it re
James
May 13, 2012 James is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I received this through the Goodreads giveaways, but am quite keen to start it. It's meant to be based in the world of Ramesses the Great and as a fan of Valerio Massimo Manfredi, who also likes to shape ancient tales into his own, it looks to be a cracking read for people who have an interested in ancient history. I've got another book to read, but have started this one and so far so good. So I will try and get through this fairly soon and I'll update you on what I think of it then.
D.S. Taylor
Aug 23, 2013 D.S. Taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two brothers struggle to uncover a plot that threatens to bring death and destruction to all they love ... Set in the sands of Ancient Egypt, Pharaoh's Son is a tale of honor, loyalty, death and treachery. Diana Wilder knows how to use her prose to paint a picture that will stay with you long after you've closed the covers. Sit back, snuggle up with a mug of hot choc and enjoy!
Sekhar N Banerjee
Jan 31, 2016 Sekhar N Banerjee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting mystery story....

Set in the days of Ramessis II, this is a very enjoyable mystery story. It definitely will be liked by all interested in ancient Egypt.
Anna Jean
Could not get into the story. Each character had at least five names or titles.
Carissa
Oct 31, 2012 Carissa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, egyptian
Gave up on this one. That doesn't happen often.
Barbara
Oct 20, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
2 books in one: death and intrigue with separate spiritual text interspersed among the main storyline.
Therese
Oct 18, 2012 Therese marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
$0.0
Kerry Amburgy-Dickson
I enjoyed this book very much. While some liberties were taken, that's to be expected when dealing with a time period where there are so few solid details.
Rachel
Feb 18, 2014 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good story. I enjoyed it from beginning to end.
Herneith
Herneith rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Charles A.
Charles A. rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2017
Frieda Tieder
Frieda Tieder rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2012
David Thierry
David Thierry rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Ann Eder
Ann Eder rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2015
Dana White
Dana White rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Karens
Karens rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2012
Tomdaly
Tomdaly rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2017
Steven L. Yount
Steven L. Yount rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Kevin Pillay
Kevin Pillay rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2017
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Becky Kurtenbach
Becky Kurtenbach rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
May 09, 2012
Ysobel
Ysobel rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2014
Ružica
Ružica rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Billcwy
Billcwy rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Athenenike
Athenenike rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Parthian (The Parthian Chronicles, #1)
  • Jezebel's Ladder (Jezebel's Ladder, #1)
  • Chained to the Barbarian (Palace Brides #2)
  • Snap
  • Strategos: Born in the Borderlands (Strategos, #1)
  • House of Corruption
  • Brambleman
  • The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters, Volume Two (Miss Temple, Doctor Svenson, and Cardinal Chang #1.2)
  • Bone Wires
  • The Devil's Concubine
  • Seer of Egypt (The King's Man, #2)
  • I Know Not (The Legacy of Fox Crow, #1)
  • Blood Zero Sky
  • The Ballad of Bad Jack (Slab City Blues #4)
  • Three John Silence Stories
  • Jade (Book of Deacon Sidequests, #1)
  • The Fortunes of Captain Blood
  • Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2)
I grew up all around the United States courtesy of a very mobile family. Perhaps because of the Irish in me, I love to weave stories for my own enjoyment about the people I meet and the places I've seen during my travels. I graduated with a degree in ancient and medieval history and experience in journalism.

I started writing novels in graduate school, and have produced four set in New Kingdom Egy
More about Diana Wilder...

Memphis Cycle (4 books)
  • The City of Refuge (Memphis Cycle, #1)
  • Mourningtide (Memphis Cycle, #2)
  • A Killing Among the Dead