Start by marking “The Jellybeans and the Big Art Adventure” as Want to Read:
The Jellybeans and the Big Art Adventure

The Jellybeans and the Big Art Adventure

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
The Jellybeans are ready for an art adventure when Bitsy enlists the other girls to help her paint a mural at their favorite place: the candy shop! After a fun trip to the museum to learn about art, the four Jellybeans use their different strengths and talents to work together to create a colorful success.

This fourth book in the successful, New York Times bestselling serie
Published March 1st 2012 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about The Jellybeans and the Big Art Adventure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jellybeans and the Big Art Adventure

Michelle McBeth
Oct 24, 2014 Michelle McBeth rated it it was amazing
This next adventure of the girl's group called the Jellybeans concentrates on Bitsy's gift of art. Emily loves to dance, Anna loves to read, Nicole loves to play soccer, but Bitsy loves art. She paints and draws wherever she goes. One day, the owner of the candy shop where they buy their jellybeans asks Bitsy to paint a mural. Bitsy asks her friends to help. She teaches them a little bit about art and they each do their part to create a beautiful mural.

The thing I like most about the Jellybean c
Danielle
This book is about four friends who all have very different interests, but are great friends anyway. One loves to draw, one loves to read, one loves to dance, and one loves to play soccer. However, what they have in common is their love for jellybeans. So they go to the candy shop and are given a project to paint a mural on the wall outside. They each use their special skill set to create something wonderful that goes perfectly together, just like their friendship.

For this book I would have the
Sarah Adamson
May 08, 2015 Sarah Adamson rated it really liked it
This is quite a fun picture book about 4 friends who are very different with very different interests apart from their overlapping love of jellybeans! The four are friends despite their differences teaching a great lesson to readers. They also draw from their strengths to work together on a project with a wonderful result.
Barbara
When the owner of Petunia's candy shop needs an attractive mural for her shop, artistic Bitsy convinces her three friends, all of whom have different talents, to help her. I like the way the friends are all different and have different hobbies and yet still manage to support one another. Even when Bitsy is stumped for what to paint, they urge her on. Of course, it's fitting that they are paid for their work with the very candy that gave them their names--Jellybeans. Fans of this series--this is ...more
Tracy
Apr 27, 2015 Tracy rated it really liked it
cute story about celebrating our differences and talents. Great illustrations cute story, just didn't like one of the tongue twister character names. it makes reading it less enjoyable.
Miri
Jan 09, 2015 Miri rated it really liked it
The Jellybeans are back in this story by the writer of "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"

Bitsy the pit gets to paint a mural on Petunia's wall, but what will she paint?
Susan
Mar 28, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
A cute series about the friendship of four creative friends. I loved all the detailed illustrations. Definitely a story to read to my granddaughter.
Ash
Nov 04, 2014 Ash rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-and-ya
This book is so bright and colourful. A great book for a young girl.
Clarissa
Cosette
Feb 26, 2015 Cosette rated it really liked it
Adorable
Jackie
A subtle lesson that tells us even though we are all different, we can all get along anyway.
Bitsy LOVES to paint.
Emily LOVES to dance.
Anna LOVE to read.
And, Nicole LOVES to play soccer.

They're just like jelly beans: different flavors that get along well with one another.
Mrs. Petunia Dinley-Sneezer, onwer of Petunia's Candy Shop 'commissions' them to paint a mural on her wall. Just like the Jellybeans, the mural is colorful, full of togetherness, and joyful!
Kathy Ellen Davis
Mar 10, 2013 Kathy Ellen Davis rated it really liked it
Cute story!
I like the concept of the friends all liking different things, but all working together.
With four main characters, it could get a little confusing, but it doesn't in this book.
The problem in the story centers around one character, but they all work together to solve it.

With four main characters, each child reading the book is BOUND to find someone to relate to!
Great illustrations too.
Emily
Sep 13, 2013 Emily rated it really liked it
This book is about four friends who each love doing different things. However, they have one thing in common: their love of jellybeans. The friends learn to use each of their special talents to create a special project together. This book is great for explaining that it is okay for friends to have different talents. When you come together and put your special talents together, you can create something much greater.
Ariel Cummins
Sep 21, 2012 Ariel Cummins rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fun, very sparkly book about how everyone has a different thing they are good at. A wee bit heavy-handed at times, but overall, it has nice resolution and a solid story.

Art is pretty nice, with the animals being surprisingly realistic looking.

Few enough words-per-page to make it a possible storytime book.
Shelli
Apr 16, 2012 Shelli rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Sweet story of friendship between three very different girls. Lynn Munsinger's easily recognizable picture style always cause instant conversation between me and my daughter, remembering all the other fabulous books she has illustrated that we have shared.
Paula
Apr 15, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
The Jelly Beans--four friends who like to do such different things as paint, play soccer, read, and dance--paint a mural on an outside wall of Mrs. Petunia Dinkley-Sneezer's candy shop that depicts them each doing what they love best.
June
Dec 11, 2013 June rated it liked it
Recommends it for: art requests and Numeroff fans
My school does a restaurant theme and that includes a candy shops, and this was one of the younger picture books I found to do with the PreK - 3s. They sat still for it though some of the boys seemed to loose interest.
Beverly
Oct 02, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Has Lynn Munsinger's appealing animals characters, and a good story about working as a team on a project.
Donalyn
The Jellybeans are back. This time, Bitsy finds artistic inspiration and support from the other Jellybeans.
Niki (Daydream Reader)
I think the characters in the books are cute. I'm going to share Jellybeans with my second grade class.
Geri
Jun 25, 2012 Geri rated it really liked it
I loved this book! Sweet message about friends and using your individual talents.
Susie
Apr 19, 2013 Susie rated it really liked it
I loved this one as well as my kindergarten students.
PWRL
Mar 08, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
O
Mohamed
Mohamed marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Jessica Ernst
Jessica Ernst marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Sasha
Sasha marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
  • Old MacDonald Had a Dragon
  • When Pigasso Met Mootisse
  • Me and My Big Mouse
  • Ballerina Swan
Laura Joffe Numeroff is an American author of children's books. Numeroff originally wanted to be a writer, but decided to follow her older sister's footsteps and become a fashion designer instead. Laura attended Pratt Institute of Design but then decided to become a writer again and wrote her first book with only 4 rejections. - Wikipedia.
More about Laura Joffe Numeroff...