Start by marking “Picture of Lies” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  13 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Investigative journalist Keegan Thomas has been living a nightmare of guilt and grief since her
little girl, Daisy, was kidnapped practically in front of her eyes. When the police investigation
stalled, she turned her grief to anger and buried herself in her work searching for missing
children, her own included. The result was an award-winning series of articles on unsolve
Published October 21st 2011 by Five Star (ME)

To ask other readers questions about Picture of Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Picture of Lies

Cathy Cole
Aug 03, 2016 Cathy Cole rated it liked it
This is one of the few times a book cover has drawn me to a particular book, and when I learned that Picture of Lies is a mystery and does indeed take place in Monument Valley, I had to read it.

I love Monument Valley, and I'm happy to say that Harrison does a good job of giving readers a feel for the vast distances and incredible beauty of the area. I also liked her portrayal of the Navajo characters in the book. I had mixed reactions to Keegan and her archaeologist love interest, Dante, however
April
Oct 18, 2011 April rated it really liked it
Filled with mystery, intrigue and secrets, Picture of Lies is an incredible book that will hook your from the first page until the last. Once I began reading, I truly found myself unable to put this book down. The writing is so excellently smooth and gripping that I could not help but to feel as though I was right there within the story with the characters.

Keegan Thomas is a woman with a broken heart, aching soul and a need to sink herself within her work. When she decides to take a bit of a br
Sara Strand
Jul 14, 2012 Sara Strand rated it liked it
Here's what I tell you: it's a great mystery book that goes fast, keeps you on your toes and doesn't bore. There are no unnecessary details to bog you down but you get a really good background on everyone and the author keeps you moving. I did NOT see the ending coming as I didn't think.. well I can't tell you without ruining it, but someone close to Keegan is involved. I definitely did not suspect that. I also loved how at the end when you think things are wrapping up, the author punches you ...more
Nicole
Oct 31, 2011 Nicole rated it it was amazing
This story is great. It is absolutely captivating, exciting, nail-biting and thrilling. On more than one occasion, I gasped while reading. Harrison paints a beautiful picture, adding detail and descriptions that place you smack dab in the desert. Her use of imagery is not only beautiful, but also suspenseful because she uses it as a tool for prolonging your feeling of tension and anxiety. It's great! The story is intricate, layered, romantic and shocking.

What I loved about this story was that th
Jenndian
Jun 19, 2013 Jenndian rated it really liked it
Just finished this great book! I met CC in May and I just had to get this book for me and my mom. We both found it riveting and hard to put down! Great to find a great written book about Monument Valley. Can't wait for the second book!!
Alexis Thompson
Jan 29, 2012 Alexis Thompson rated it really liked it
A wonderful addition to my favorite writers of the Southwest. A good story, well told. I always enjoy reading about the Dineh.
Wes
Jul 11, 2012 Wes rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
The plot was interesting and the cultural background of the story was informative but the story did not seem to flow well for me. I didn't care much for the way the book ended either.
Stephany
Stephany rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Sandy
Sandy rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2013
John
John rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2013
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2012
Stephanie C
Stephanie C rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2011
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2011
Laney
Laney marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Janie Hickok Siess
Janie Hickok Siess marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Sandy Jay
Sandy Jay marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2011
Maryann
Maryann marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2011
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Susan Bacon
Susan Bacon marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Amabelle
Amabelle marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Sharonm
Sharonm marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014