Start by marking “What Will I Be?” as Want to Read:
What Will I Be?

What Will I Be? (Flip the Flap and Find Out)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lift the flaps and learn about animal life in this fresh, fun-filled book for curious preschoolers.

A small papery bundle hangs under a leaf by a silken thread. Can you guess what it will be one day? Butterflies, polar bears, turtles, frogs, birds — they all have a fascinating life journey to follow. Peek under each large flap and look at colorful spreads to find out how ea
Published February 28th 2012 by Candlewick

To ask other readers questions about What Will I Be?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Will I Be?

Joyce
It's hard to find good nonfiction for preschoolers, so I was excited to share this book with my little one. She enjoyed the lift the flaps, guessing what each "baby" would become, and learned new facts about each animal. This book might be a little too long to share in a library storytime, but I would definitely recommend this to teachers to share in their early childhood classrooms.
Mary
This is a great book to read with ECE level readers because they get to use deductive reasoning skills to determine what each baby will become! It talks about birds, mammals, and amphibians to give children a well-rounded idea of what the animal kingdom of babies is really like. With lift-the-flaps, the book is very engaging!
A fun, vibrant, interactive book featuring animal life cycles. One part features a small, furry, white animal. Lifting the flap reveals that the animal will be a polar bear. The next spread of pages provides 4 facts about polar bears through its life cycle. Other animals included in the story are: butterfly, sea turtle, frog, and bird. The final page includes a picture of a baby and a flap that reveals a little boy.

This is a great book to use with older preschool students. It can also be used a
Kathryn Sublett
This book can be used to show the life cycle of animals. Teachers could put the first stage of each animal depicted in the book on tables and ask students to predict what will happen next. Students will listen to a read aloud of this book to understand the life cycles of each animal and restructure their ideas. This would be an appropriate for students in second grade.
Marcie
I liked the other book I read in this series better, but this one is fine for teachers wanting lift the flap titles. I should have done a picture walk prior to reading it and I might have gotten the polar bear baby from the cover. OK for what it is.
Mindy
Cute guessing game about life cycles for preschoolers. Probably not likely to be read over and over again, but a fun choice.
Molly
Love this! Can't wait to use it for a class at Tyler Arboretum. I am becoming a fan of Nicola Davies books!
Edward Sullivan
Lift-the-flap fun and delightful illustrations.
Sarah added it
Jan 30, 2015
Emily
Emily added it
Jan 10, 2015
Jean Perry
Jean Perry marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Mayra
Mayra added it
Oct 01, 2014
Rachael Seegmiller
Rachael Seegmiller marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Aquarando
Aquarando marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Diana Gonzalez
Diana Gonzalez marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Jenny
Jenny added it
Jan 06, 2014
Yasmin Rodriguez
Yasmin Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
"I was very small when I saw my first dolphin," says zoologist Nicola Davies, recalling a seminal visit with her father to a dolphin show at the zoo. Enchanted at the sight of what she called the "big fish" jumping so high and swimming so fast, she determined right then that she would meet the amazing creatures again "in the wild, where they belonged." And indeed she did--as part of a pair of scie ...more
More about Nicola Davies...

Flip the Flap and Find Out (4 books)
  • What Happens Next?
  • Who Lives Here?
  • Who's Like Me?
Outside Your Window: A First Book of Nature Just Ducks! One Tiny Turtle: Read and Wonder Tiny Creatures: The World of Microbes The Promise