Start by marking “Quilts in the Attic: Uncovering the Hidden Stories of the Quilts We Love” as Want to Read:
Quilts in the Attic: Uncovering the Hidden Stories of the Quilts We Love

Quilts in the Attic: Uncovering the Hidden Stories of the Quilts We Love

For generations, quilts have both preserved history and furthered artistic innovation, leading to personal and creative discoveries that have changed lives. In Quilts in the Attic, author and quiltmaker Karen Musgrave presents 30 stories of great quilt discoveries, including hidden masterpieces, fascinating finds, and treasured family heirlooms. The tales in this book are ...more
Published February 15th 2012 by Voyageur Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Quilts in the Attic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quilts in the Attic

Melanie
Dec 18, 2012 Melanie rated it really liked it
The tales that Quilts would tell if they could only speak! Quilts in the Attic looks at 30 different quilts and their stories.

I love books like this where I can set it next to my chair, pick it up and read one of the stories before I am beckoned back to my duty as a Mom. Sometimes finishing an entire book seems to be too much for my children to handle. I could easily read through this entire book if given time however, in one sitting! I love the history of quilts, the quilters and how they came
Asuka0278
Feb 07, 2013 Asuka0278 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I love all the different stories about the history of the quilts. I also enjoyed reading how people found themselves immersed in the world of quilts; whether through an inheritance or a chance find at an estate auction. I was particularly touched by the story of the lady with anxiety. I suffer from the same problem and like her quilting and being creative are an outlet for channeling that anxious energy. It's very therapeutic. My only complaint about the book was ...more
Haley Mathiot
May 29, 2012 Haley Mathiot rated it really liked it
This book is so inspiring! I loved flipping through the book and looking at the pictures of the quilts and reading about them. It was fun to read, too. These stories felt more like fictional short-stories than they did a historical report! The only thing I would change is I would have liked the book itself to be a little larger, because the pictures were so small. I also would have liked to see more pictures of the quilt. There was only one picture of each quilt.

This would be an excellent gift
Rachelle
Aug 05, 2015 Rachelle rated it really liked it
I was looking for a book that began with Q so I searched in the Green Free Library catalog and foun 746.9 MUS. This book shows a picture of a quilt and tells a story about that quilt. I showed the book to someone who was quilting and she showed it to a friend as it was given in memory of that woman's cousin.
Kirsten
Aug 13, 2012 Kirsten rated it liked it
Shelves: quilts
found one major mistake - the book states that Nebraska became a state in 1864. In fact, it became a state in 1867 - an easy to check fact. hopefully the other facts are correct! and yes, it could have a LOT more pictures!!! otherwise, love the book.
Tkjtwmr
Sep 11, 2014 Tkjtwmr rated it liked it
Documents quilts people have found in strange places, bought at yard sales etc. Some are very old which was interesting to learn how they had survived hundreds of years. Not a page turner however.
Elaine Griffith
Apr 07, 2015 Elaine Griffith rated it really liked it
Shelves: quilting
I did not expect type of book. A collection of short stories, with it's own family history
I hope this author has more books of this nature.I believe I would enjoy them all
Leslie
Jan 07, 2016 Leslie rated it really liked it
It was rather intriguing how the author and others investigated some quilts that were over 100 years old to find out information about the creator and their lives.
Karen
Jan 22, 2013 Karen rated it liked it
An interesting book for quilt history buffs. Lots of stories about quilts and their makers and the stories that they tell.
Marie Z. Johansen
Marie Z. Johansen rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Linda Novosad
Linda Novosad rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Kathy Carman
Kathy Carman rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2014
Penny Doucette
Penny Doucette rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Terri Van Gulik
Terri Van Gulik rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2013
Jeanne
Jeanne rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2015
Stephanie Vogel
Stephanie Vogel rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Marjorie
Marjorie rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Barbara
i absolutely loved this book - so many secrets and great ideas
Amber Cochran
Amber Cochran rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2013
Cordelia
Cordelia rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2015
Ellie
Ellie rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2014
Kris
Kris rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Denise Webb
Denise Webb rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2015