Start by marking “Terminal” as Want to Read:
Terminal

Terminal

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  3,458 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Sean Murphy, a young medical student, investigates the incredible success rate at a prestigious Florida medical center and finds an international conspiracy willing to put a price tag on life itself to fund the staggering cost of medical research.
Published September 1st 1995 by Planeta Pub Corp (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Terminal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terminal

The Gunslinger by Stephen KingThe Minister's Daughter by Julie HearnLoveSick by Jake CoburnSiberia by Ann HalamThe Drawing of the Three by Stephen King
Reading Rants! Top 10 of 2005
26th out of 29 books — 3 voters
Tiger's Voyage by Colleen HouckTiger's Quest by Colleen HouckDominoes by C.B. BlahaHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Books that got me hooked
80th out of 274 books — 136 voters

More lists with this book...

Zachary
This is a lousy book. Some Robin Cook novels are decent thrill rides with a bit of medical horror. Others are just outright bad, with paper thin characters doing incredibly stupid things for incredibly stupid reasons. This is one of the bad ones. Much just doesn't make any sense, and the main character is like a parody of a driven medical researcher. There are red herrings everywhere that are obviously red herrings because they pop up and then disappear. There is even a serial killer who is intr...more
Nathan Burgoine
I'm having better luck with Robin Cook with each book I try. I previously read 'Toxin,' and found it somewhat sloppily written, and with characters I just didn't like much.

Now, with 'Terminal,' the characters were also of the sort I didn't like. Sean Murphy is an irish genius-type working in the field of research genetics (or biotechnology, or something. It went over my head, a lot). He's brash. He's abrasive. He did coke when he was young, stole cars to send money to the IRA, and is an arrogant...more
BoekenTrol
After collecting dust on my shelf for many years, I decided it is time to let go of the books in this series.
I used to like them a lot, but the magic seems to have gone. Maybe I can do someone else a favor.
Ricardo
Horrible, this was the literary version of a bad buffet. An extremely unlikeable hero, an emotionally weak heroine, and the plot was simply a bunch of prior books' plots thrown in together. A total mess
sauliha  Ibrahim
Okay i hardly think it's 3.5...After reading coma i found Robin Cook amazing but coming to this part i regret buying the book. The introduction to the characters takes away one fourth of the book. The character too do not seem realistic. There is nothing that could keep you glued to the book. The biology and the experiments areare described in detail to the extent that it makes it so disinteresting. Wonder how would an arts student struggle with it. The action comes in last 4-5 chapters. Really...more
Elizabeth
I've accepted that Robin Cook basically uses the same plot again and again. A curious young academic/doctor gets involved with an organization that promises to change the world for the better etc. and finds out that said organization is taking advantage of clients and performing morally despicable deeds (often in the name of science). I've accepted it and moved on. I continue to read his books because they are quick reads and more intellectually stimulating and intelligent than a lot of other su...more
Danny Xu
It was quite hard to get into at the beginning of the book but it started to get more interesting at the end. The protagonist goes through many hardships to prove his point. He does unthinkable things to achieve his goals.
Buckeye_reader
I thought the story line was going one way and it ended up going another. Kept my interest.
Arwen Fowler-jonsson
Not a great medical mystery. Probably deserves 2 and a half stars!!
Karl Patureau
Robin Cook... Robin Cook is a wonderful, storytelling doctor. I only hope that medicine and greed never get out of hand as bad as in this novel. This book was a decent read. It blended a lot of plot elements that read well. Romance, suspense, and thriller genre mixed well here.
Suby
The book is about a money making cancer research hospital in Miami where they produce cancer symptoms to patients by injecting encephalitis causing virus and treat with conventional medicine to effect a cure. They keep choosing well healed people and accept donations from them for the cure effected.
The hero finds out all about the operation and exposes it at considerable danger to himself and his girlfriend.
The book is well written. Still the quality is not same of that of some Dr. Cook's earli...more
Magda
The book was great. The storyline was interesing. Not only the thriller part was superb but the part concerning the relationship between the main characters also was built well. Like in all books written by R.Cook the story is interesting the whole time but when you are getting closer and closer to the ending, the plot is getting more and more chilling. I liked this book and I can recommend it with the clear conscience , especially for the Cook fans.
Nancy (Apple) Schnore
I liked this book and have read other Robin Cook books. His books are medical thrillers. Cook received his postgraduate medical training at Harvard. I like the medical vocabulary too. I like to skip around to different authors, such as I have read Grisham to collect law vocab. and so on. The stories from these authors are exciting and you add to your vocab.
Bearcatgary
I really liked this book. I'm not sure if I've ever read any Robin Cook books before, but he seems like a good author. After 100 pages or so, I had a hard time putting down the book.

The book follows a rebellious Harvard grad student as he unravels the dark secrets of a Florida cancer clinic.

Lara Mcque
This is one of my favorite books by Robin Cook. In seventh grade I bet my teacher I could read Acceptable Risk, Fatal Cure, and Terminal in two weeks and they were two of the best weeks of my life. I fell in love with the characters and Cook's writing style and have continued reading him ever since.
Mike Gettel
my first medical thriller and it didn't dissapoint. although the two central characters can be annoying at times, they had a certain charm to them that keeps the story entertaining. medical jargon aside, it wasn't hard to follow and plan to read other robin cook stories in the future
Srikkanthan
Typical RC formula. Initially a bunch of people get a horrible disease. The reason is.. well, its so typical. The end is rushed up as well. The lead characters are unbelievable. Yet, if you have read and liked other RC books, this will be of interest as well.
Joseph Soroye
This was a really good book. It's pretty much about a medical student who goes to a medical center in Florida, because it has a 100% remission rate for a type of brain cancer. He then discovers that not all is what it seems....
Manoj B
Pros: Character of Tom Widdicomb
Cons: Complicated science stuff, not engrossing

To read more about my review, click here
Katrin
Tells you how far greed will take you to make someone ill mostly ppl from the fortune 500 lists then tell them that they have a cure for the very thing they caused. Neuroblastoma.
Sujitha
my very first robin cook novel. read it while i was in school.almost 6 years ago. loved it.sean murphy is a good creation by cook
Lorette
One of the worst books I've read in a long time. Flimsy plot, formulaic characters, lousy writing. Can I give it zero stars?
Rosell
A thriller like no other!Deliciously chilling!engrossing and indeed,the biggest con job in the history of medicine!
Janine
I can't believe I finished this book. Pedantic, heavy handed, questionably put together, implausible, bombastic.
Lisa
The medical jargon in this one was a bit over my head, but it was an enjoyable read.
Doug
Quick and easy Cook novel.
Typical, awkward Cook relationships.
Lots of Cook medicalese.
Alexis
Non-christian fiction; but in good taste. Fairly, good book but predictable
David
I liked it changes up the story alittle here and there, glad I read it
Vicki
formulaic as all of his books are, but a little better character development.
  • Extreme Measures
  • Mutant (Dr. Richard Steele, #1)
  • Pandemic
  • The Select
  • The Evening News
  • The Eleventh Plague
19697
Librarian Note: Not to be confused with British novelist Robin Cook a pseudonym of Robert William Arthur Cook.

Dr. Robin Cook (born May 4, 1940 in New York City, New York) is an American doctor / novelist who writes about medicine and topics affecting public health.

He is best known for being the author who combined medical writing with the thriller genre of writing. Several of his books have been b...more
More about Robin Cook...
Outbreak (Dr. Marissa Blumenthal, #1) Coma Chromosome 6 (Jack Stapleton & Laurie Montgomery, #3) Toxin Contagion