Start by marking “Înfruntarea (Casa Nopții, #4)” as Want to Read:
Înfruntarea (Casa Nopții, #4)

Înfruntarea (House of Night #4)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  193,046 Ratings  ·  3,253 Reviews
“Am văzut o lume plină de violenţă, ură şi întuneric. Iar în întuneric erau creaturi atât de îngrozitoare, încât nici nu pot să spun ce erau. Nici… nici măcar nu puteam să le privesc. Am văzut sfârşitul lumii, a încheiat Afrodita cu glasul stăpânit de groază.”

Marea Preoteasă a Casei Nopţii a declarat război oamenilor, iar Zoey ştie în adâncul inimii ei că acesta este un lu
Hardcover, First edition, 336 pages
Published September 20th 2010 by Litera (first published September 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Înfruntarea, please sign up.

Yuichiro Hyakuya I'm not sick of it, because i read the f**king story, start to finish (everything)
ilove123 It most was to do with zoey and her friends but I gathered a lot from this book it had more depth than just relationships she was trying to get to…moreIt most was to do with zoey and her friends but I gathered a lot from this book it had more depth than just relationships she was trying to get to know herself more and that is what it meant by untamed as she couldn't figure out how to free herself from her thoughts and she felt lost within herself. But that's just my point of view(less)

Rhiana
Sep 25, 2008 Rhiana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the general story line and the characters, but the redundant writing is getting a little old. Constant vocabulary lessons from Damien, the author describes everyone over and over again, everything from their personalities to their day to day clothing choices. Everytime the Grandmother speaks she calls Zoey the Cherokee word for daughter and every single time the author explains that the word makes her feel safe. There is a whole lot of explaining and back story and description and really ...more
Bex
May 08, 2010 Bex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Right off the bat, this is my favorite book of The House of Night series. Yes, it's only book 4, but it is fantastic. This book doesn't deal with Zoey's love life as much as the others have. I'm all for the ooey-gooey bits, but this one does well without her having a boy (or man) in her life. It focuses on Zoey coming into her own and she is beginning to portray the high priestess that she really is.

A new character, Stark, is introduced, but his part is just too short in this book, so I'm hopin
Sunsontops
Aug 11, 2009 Sunsontops rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I TOTALLY NEED TO VENT AT THE STUPIDITY/IDIOCY/AND OBVIOUS MENTAL ISSUES OF THE MAIN CHARACTER.

OK, honestly, what type of reaction would you expect from someone who used to be your boyfriend and CAUGHT you in the action of not only making out with someone, but down right naked in a freakin room at school doing the freak nasty to a teacher. LIKE REALLY, HAVE YOU NO SHAME OR BRAINS. THUS, THIS STUPID PARAGRAPH GETS ON MY NERVES.

'Erik looked at me. His blue eyes were absolutely expressionless, whic
Arinda
Mar 22, 2009 Arinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maria
Sep 29, 2008 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I really hated the last book and I told myself I wasn't going to read anymore of this series, but I came across a cheap electronic version and I couldn't help myself. I am glad I did. This book was so much better than the previous ones, my only two complaints are: 1. too short!! and 2. I know this is targeted towards a young audience, but come on, does Zoe really need multiple love interests in every book!!!? And to make it worse, does she really have to fall "head over heels" for EVERY g ...more
Nikoleta
Jul 22, 2016 Nikoleta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Αυτό το βιβλίο μου άρεσε περισσότερο από τα προηγούμενα, καθώς οι χαρακτήρες μου φάνηκαν αρκετά πιο ώριμοι. Ειδικά όσον αφορά την πρωταγωνίστρια Ζόι, νομίζω ότι έγινε άλμα στις μεταξύ μας σχέσεις, εφόσον σταμάτησε να φλερτάρει με 452 άντρες ταυτόχρονα, για να ασχοληθεί με πιο σοβαρά θέματα, οπότε σταμάτησα να θέλω να περάσω από πάνω της με φορτηγο.
Ένα θέμα είχα μόνο, το βιβλίο είναι γεμάτο πολλές, περιττές συζητήσεις, που τραβάνε πολύ και νιώθω ότι δεν θα τελειώσουν ποτέ, άλλωστε αυτός είναι και
Courtney
Sep 23, 2008 Courtney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Twilight
Okay, even though I haven't been a teen for a couple of years (uhm, make that over a decade), I'm a HUGE fan of the House of Night series. (Rather obvious, considering I bought it on the date of its release) Marked, Betrayed and Chosen were superb! That said, I really enjoyed Untamed, but if I had to order the books according to preference - it'd be fourth on my list.

I eagerly await Hunted. And the twists and turns I anticipate (and can't even imagine) will result from the events in Untamed. (N
Abby Ellis
Jul 16, 2013 Abby Ellis rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I found the book so fucking annoying. Why is Zoey such a ho and a hypocrite? She and her friends call Aphrodite a ho when Zoey is a ho! I mean, she was dating Erik, Loren, and Heath. At the same time! Then she goes after Stark and when it's been two or three days she starts kissing up on him! What the hell?

The fact that she has to mention that Damien and Jack are gay and that Shaunee and Erin aren't twins gets on my nerves every time!

Then she gets all mad when Erik starts to call her a slut! Can
Julie
Oct 26, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans
Recommended to Julie by: Shannon
Jacey
Mar 08, 2009 Jacey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good thing these teen vampire dramas take only a couple of hours to read. I've read the first four of this series and each one made me vomit in my mouth just a little more. Seriously. I know, you're asking why I have read 4 if the first one made me throw up even just a little. Well, it's a funny thing, I'd rather stick a book out on the off chance that the ending makes the whole thing worth it, than never know if the ending made the whole thing worth it. Now mind you, the ending-making-a- ...more
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

2.5 "Well, this is getting old" stars...

So much potential...

Things have gotten bad for Zoey Redbird in Untamed, book 4 of the House of Night series. In one week she has gone from having 3 boyfriends to none and from having a trusted group of friends to being an outcast.
From the cover:

"Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light and an ancient evil is awakened."
My thoughts...

Meh. Same ol', same ol' d
Alisa
Jun 15, 2009 Alisa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What seems to bother me about this series is that as preoccupied with calling every other girl around her a "slut" or "ho" for the smallest things, Zoey sure does seem to be quite a bit of one herself. I mean seriously, she lost her virginity on the floor of the recreation hall in her school for God sake! To a grown man! And she cheated with him two other boyfriends! She is in no position to judge anyone.

What makes me even more annoyed is that she continues to call people "hos" and "sluts" even
Christophe
Nov 30, 2008 Christophe rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Recommended to Christophe by: I found the series on my own.
OK. So this book is horribly written. It seems a 12 yo wrote it. I think the other books in this series are pretty good and I was so excited when I ordered it from my local bookstore. I read the first 3 pages and almost throw up. I really don't want to finish the book at all. I understand that the authors of this book are not the best but they could have done a much better job writing this book.
Cyna
Dec 09, 2015 Cyna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So when we last left Zoey, Erik had mercilessly slut-shamed Zoey until her friends abandoned her, Loren had died, and Neferet was evilly declaring war against humans for those murders that she totally didn’t do. Untamed picks up like a day or two later, with Zoey sulking because her friends are angry at her for not telling them things I can’t be fucked to remember. I think it was about Stevie Rae? Also possibly Loren? Anyway, the vital part is that Zoey’s adrift with only Aphrodite as an ally, w ...more
BizarreLibrary
Jan 25, 2009 BizarreLibrary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Twilight readers with an edge!
Kristi
Nov 25, 2008 Kristi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The House of Night series is unlike any other vampire series I’ve read. I really enjoy the series and it’s interpretation of vampires. I’m especialy looking forward to reading the next novel.

I was disappointed in Untamed. After reading all of the previous novels and immensely enjoying them, Untamed fell short of the standard that had been set. Most of the novel was spent on explaining what happened in the previous three novels, and while I understand how that can be necessary, it took up valuab
Jun 11, 2009 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who go to Sunnydale Highschool.
Shelves: ya, vampires, 2009, crack, p-c-cast
Jenny crack book and I don't care! It was good!

I feel like the first couple of books were wrapped up neatly in a bow by the end of the story. The last two are allowing things to remain open longer so that when you finish a book you are left wondering what will happen next. Sadly I am sure that is due to the publisher rather than the authors desire. (Wouldn't want to write a cliff hanger if you are only optioned for a single book.)

So this book and the last book have left me chomping to learn mor
Jodi
Nov 27, 2008 Jodi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
This is an audiobook I am reviewing for Sound Commentary (www.soundcommentary.com) which is why I ran through the first three books so quickly. When you read quickly. you miss a certain type of detail. In audio, you have to hear it all. Which is why it was so apparent that Aphrodite was modeled after Cordelia Chase (both Buffy and Angel versions.) This isn't a bad thing, merely obvious. I also think that the authors are having trouble remembering that it's been only 2 months since Zooey was mark ...more
Fangs for the Fantasy
This is the part where I have to pretend there’s a plot to summarise… due to the machinations of Cyna and Mavrynthia and Merriska and I am doomed to reading 4 of these books, in 4 weeks.

There is not enough booze in the world

Ok, Zoey is feeling isolated with her friends turning on her – which is a problem because have several prophecies. One that predicts the rising of a dark and terrible force – and one which predicts Zoey’s death if she is alone

She needs to rebuild some bridges quickly

There’s
Mindy
I really like where the plot is going, it is very interesting. I could do without the constant retelling of the other books.
Annemik
Spoilers are marked as spoilers, so the rest should be spoiler-free. Let me know if I missed something!

As I‘ve probably mentioned before in my reviews of the House of the Night books before this one, I don’t like them very much but I do like the story. That statement hasn’t changed now that I’ve read this book, but I feel like I should point out some of the things that bothered me (so major spoilers ahead).

(view spoiler)
Fuglsang
Jul 07, 2013 Fuglsang rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca
Nov 10, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Nala hissed long and menacingly, staring back over my shoulder at the darkness surrounding the huge old oaks that were usually so familiar and welcoming. Not tonight. Tonight they housed monsters.'

(view spoiler)
Namratha
UNTAMED is a vast improvement on the previous three instalments. Finally there’s some “save-the-world-from-dire-distress” happening.

There’s a new powerful fledgling in The House of Night: James Stark who Zoey Redbird immediately forms a connection with. He reveals the affinity given to him by The Goddess Nyx and the two seem to share an instinctive understanding about the respective crosses that they must bear. Sadly, like all the other crappy things going on in her life, Stark dies before goi
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
okay, i'm relieved. i almost didn't read this one, cuz the third one was getting kinda stupid. this was definitely better than the third one though. i thought zoey was being REALLY stupid in the third one. and she's still kind of a hypocrite ... i mean, she had three boyfriends at once, yet she's always like, "eww. aphrodite is such a ho." and i'm like "LOOK WHO'S TALKING." but anyway, it was much more interesting than the last one, and zoey is sort of getting her act back together, although she ...more
Laura (Booksforbreakfast)
There isn't much to say about this novel other than it made me not want to finish the series. Zoe is such an annoying little putz that I just have the desire to slap some sense into her!

I felt like so much of the book was what happened in the previous novels that I was bored to tears. The book should've only been 200 or so pages without the BS. I don't have a desire to read more of this series so I'll leave it at that.

Also...all the love interests are laughable.
Sam
Breathe in, breathe out.

I can't take it anymore. The terrible writing is giving me a head ache.
I hate the character Zoey, so much. She is whiny, pathetic and SERIOUSLY annoying!! Serves her right now that she has no boyfriends. In chosen she was all:OoooO! I've got 3 boyfriends drooling on me, blahblahablah.
and:
Oh i feel bad, I shouldn't be doing this to Erik but I love Loren oh and wait I get horny over heath!
She does not deserve Erik's forgiveness. Not one little bit and the fact that he ha
Natasha
Oct 14, 2009 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Untamed is the fourth installment in the popular House of Night YA fantasy series by P.C & Kristin Cast. I'm a fan of this series. My favorite YA vampire series so far is Vampire Academy but this is a close second. The characters have unique quirks that make them intriguing and fun to read, the plot is varied and interesting. I found the more I read of this series, the better it becomes. I liked each new book better than the last. It has great emotion and steamy romance. Sometimes her love ...more
Charlotte Phillips
I think we have all had that experience of feeling entirely and utterly alone in life, where our friends have turned against us because something has happened or we forgot to mention sometime to them. Its a horrid place to be in and its therefore a place that we can sympathize with. Zoey has a whole lot more things to go through with regards to this book, there are things happening that none of us would ever want to go through, and would never want to understand the feeling of needing to go thro ...more
Claire
Apr 24, 2009 Claire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire fans!
Zoey falls for boys way to easy and way too fast! Even boys she barely even knows! These books are really really addicting and I really am having a hard time putting them down! They're supernatural, but there are very human feelings and situations involved, which makes it somewhat relateable. In each of the books there has been gloom and doom and the end of the world, but this one's book was worse than the others and its left as a cliff hanger and I cannot wait until I can get my hands on the ne ...more
Kiss, Slap, Kill. 40 195 Mar 07, 2016 10:25AM
Did u like Stark, Heath, Or Erik 130 537 Jan 04, 2015 01:23AM
Would you rather be a Blue fledgling or a Red fledgling? 19 70 Nov 15, 2014 06:03PM
Your favourite character? 13 38 Nov 07, 2014 06:37AM
Addicted to YA: Untamed 3 216 Sep 01, 2014 03:57AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/combine 4 16 May 30, 2013 11:38AM
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Night World, No. 2 (Night World, #4-6)
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

House of Night (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Marked (House of Night, #1)
  • Betrayed (House of Night, #2)
  • Chosen (House of Night, #3)
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Tempted (House of Night, #6)
  • Burned (House of Night, #7)
  • Awakened (House of Night, #8)
  • Destined (House of Night, #9)
  • Hidden (House of Night, #10)
  • Revealed (House of Night, #11)

“Because you are the superhero fledgling. I’m just your more attractive sidekick. Oh, and the herd of nerds are your dorky minions.” 553 likes
“I should have kissed more than your hand...thought I'd have more time," he whispered between liquid, panting breaths. "...too late now."
I looked into his eyes and completely forgot the rest of the world. In that moment, all I knew was that I was holding Stark in my arms, and I was going to lose him very, very soon.”
421 likes