Start by marking “Question of Trust (An Izzy McNeil Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Question of Trust (An Izzy McNeil Mystery, #5)

Question of Trust (Izzy McNeil Mystery #5)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  108 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. But what if you can't tell which is which?

When attorney Izzy McNeil's home is broken into, right after her boyfriend, Theo, moves in, she ignores the coincidence. When Theo is arrested on charges of fraud, she wants to believe he's innocent. But when a neighbor is found dead, she can't ignore
Published February 21st 2012 by Mira (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Question of Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Question of Trust

Rose
Review to come. Ye gods, why did I waste so much time on this book? I think I can claim that I haven't read any of the other books in this series, so I give it the benefit of the doubt, but the writing in this wasn't good and the story...meh.

Hopefully I can reflect on this better in the full review.
Rhonda
Question of Trust by Laura Caldwell
5 STARS This is my first Izzy McNeil novel but not my last. I had no idea how this would play out. Thier was lots of drama. Some sex scenes. The characters were all so different in thier walk of life. Did not book the book down till I had finshed. Izzy is now a defense lawyer and part time P.I. She used to be a entertainment contract lawyer. Izzy works for her friend since collage Maggie and her family firm. Izzy much younger boyfriend Theo is rich with his ow
Kathy
Dana Alma
A Question of Trust by Laura Caldwell continues the Izzy McNeil’s story. We find that Izzy has moved in with Theo and their situation is not all roses. Izzy has made career changes and she is growing very suspicious of her new beau. Theo Jameson, who has been put in cuffs, due to his not so legal corporate dealings, leaves Izzy with trust issues. A Question of Trust is rich in detail allowing readers an in-depth view of their surroundings, yet it seems to weigh the story down. I found I could de ...more
Robinrolson
Would probably give 3.5. First book I've read by this author. Her alternating points of view are a little confusing, sometimes I had trouble keeping characters straight. Fast read, enjoyable characters, will definitely look for more.
Heidi
This is another Izzy McNeil book. this time Theo is looking to buy a home and moves out of his apartment. But he does not get the loan and moves in with Izzy. Then things start happening.
A lot of stuff happens, but it didn't feel like any of it impacted the main characters. Someone is killed in her apartment, but she barely blinks over it. Her boyfriend is arrested. The Mexican Mafia is involved.
I don't expect doom and gloom, but some type of visceral reaction would help. And, it is a pet peev
Denise Whelan
As always, Laura Caldwell is the bomb! She does a fantastic job with this book, that I just could not put it down! Izzy MacNeil is a great character! In this book, her boyfriend Theo is looking to buy a house, but is turned down for a mortgage. He doesn't understand why, but then he is arrested by the Federal Government. Izzy does her best to try to find out why Theo is arrested, what is all has to do with his being turned down for a mortgage, and why his company is now bankrupt. Many interestin ...more
Kathy
4.5 Stars. With Question of Trust, the fifth novel starring lawyer Izzy McNeil, Laura Caldwell brings her readers another well-executed and engaging mystery. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy....
Petra
I couldn't put this one down and read in a very short time. This books definitely took me on a very interesting journey with lots of twist and turns and one of my favourite books in this trilogy! Looking forward to reading False Impressions this summer!
Shawn
I found this book disappointing based on the others in the series. The story line was uninteresting and the writing was not great. I hope that the next one will be better.
Liz V.
A boyfriend brings, in the wake of his moving in, a break in, his arrest, and a neighbor's murder.
Jennifer Wilson
This is a fantastic series. I just hope that there is more, and I am not left hanging!
Katelyn
Another page-turner from Laura Caldwell. I LOVE the Izzy McNeil series.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: An Izzy McNeil Novel
Category: Suspense
Kym
easy read. nice twists.
Jo Anne
nice to have a different plot
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Chris Segedy
Chris Segedy marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 20, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Barbara Bottomley
Barbara Bottomley marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
  • Emerald City
  • Tool Belt Defender
  • me@you.com
  • Noughties
  • In Desperation (Jack Gannon #3)
  • The Stubborn Dead (Lost Souls #1)
  • Kiss Me, Kill Me  (Secrets of Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4)
  • Drawn in Blood (Burbank & Parker, #2)
  • Second Star (Star Svensdotter, #1)
  • Viral
  • Discovering
  • Taking Care of Business
  • Whitey's Payback and Other True Stories of Gangsterism, Murder, Corruption and Revenge
  • Cowboy Fever
  • Valley of the Lost (Constable Molly Smith #2)
  • The Personal Touch (Harlequin Blaze, #484)
  • The Replacement Wife
Laura Caldwell is a Chicago-based lawyer turned novelist. Her first book, Burning the Map, was selected by Barnes & Noble.com as one of The Best of 2002. Following that, A Clean Slate received a starred review from Booklist. The release of The Year of Living Famously and The Night I Got Lucky prompted Booklist to declare, “Caldwell is one of the most talented and inventive...writers around.”

La
More about Laura Caldwell...

Izzy McNeil Mystery (6 books)
  • Red Hot Lies (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #1)
  • Red Blooded Murder (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #2)
  • Red, White & Dead (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #3)
  • Claim of Innocence (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #4)
  • False Impressions
The Year of Living Famously Burning The Map A Clean Slate Red Hot Lies (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #1) The Night I Got Lucky