Start by marking “Cosmopath (Bengal Station Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Cosmopath

Eric Brown

Cosmopath (Bengal Station #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Telepath Jeff Vaughan is approached by billionaire tycoon Rabindranath Chandrasakar, who wants him to read the mind of a spacer on an unexplored world on the edge of known space. There's only one problem - the spacer is dead. On Delta Cephei VII, Vaughan finds himself drawn into a web of treachery and deceit in a bid to discover what an alien race is concealing from humani ...more
Published September 16th 2011 by Rebellion Publishing Ltd (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cosmopath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cosmopath

Jason
4.5 Stars

Cosmopath by Eric Brown is a very good science fiction novel and book three in a series. The whole Bengal Station series is tailor made for me and my likes. It is a science fiction series that is heavy in both science fiction and hard boiled detective novel mashed into one. The science fiction is of the light nature as there is very little technical data discussed or utilized. Cosmopath is well written and fast paced. The book takes place in the future when Earth has expanded to the st
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Bengal Station is located in the Indian Ocean and is “a marvel of twenty-second century design and technology, a foursquare, twenty level hive that was home to over thirty million citizens. It was the size of ten cities, or even a medium sized country, a military-industrial power in its own right and independent of Indian political influence and that of the China, Europe and the Federated Northern States of America.”

This is home to the Bengal Station Novels.

Cosmopath is set 4 years after Xenopa
Enrique028
The "Final" book in the Bengal Station Novels did not dissapoint me. I do not want to give away too many things to not spoil to those ones who are or want to read but I would say that If you have not read the first 2 novels, you would still enjoyed COSMOPATH but all things would seem a bit all over the place in regards to Vaughan past and to what I read somewhere in a review of the previous novel, vaguely sketched secondary characters.

The Bengal Station novels isn't so much about a big mistery a
Mark
Cosmopath is the last book in the Bengal Station trilogy, preceded by Necropath and Xenopath. I really enjoyed these books about psychic private detective Jeff Vaughan set in the expanse of the Bengal Station, and with Xenopath delivering a stronger story and a more widescreen view at the galaxy I had very high hopes for Cosmopath - hopes that were exceeded with ease!

Moving on a few years from the events of Xenopath, Jeff and Sakura are now settled with a family of their own. Life is good for th
Ove
Review from my blog cybermage.se
The alien empath assassin tracking Jeff where thrown off when Sakura called and told that their daughter had leukemia. The emotions saved his life. Private investigator Jeff Vaughan was not having a good day.

This is the third, and final long awaited book in the Bengali Station Trilogy. My wait has been longer than most, the postal service in Europe took the long way from UK to me. Anyway…

Jeff was the fourth telepath assassination target and only survivor in a rece
Jamie Barrows
This wasn't a bad book, but the ending was a little weak. The previous two books in the series were basically mysteries set in the future. This one started the same way, but then ended up going somewhere different. I won't give any more details than that, but if you were expecting a standard mystery like the other two books you will be disappointed.
Freadizt StupiT
2.7/5.
Trashy mix of popular themes:
prostitutes, assassins, telepaths, bad aliens, good aliens,
bad "Chinks", and Really Truly Absolutely Loving Husband!
Machalla
Pedestrian, predictable and completely unimaginative.

I have read all three books in this series in the hope the story improved or developed. The phrase "deus ex machina" is appropriate to how each of these books are resolved.

As a series I can only recommend the first book of the series as having any spark to it. I could go on about how poor this series is but just save yourself some time read Necropath and leave it at that.

Overall fairly dreadful.
Jason Reeser
Another well done book that mixes a nice detective story with the wonder of old sci/fi. Brown does not hesitate to slow his story down to build up the mystery, but also has flashes of rough violence to raise the danger and underline what is at stake. Though he does delve into alien species a bit, which I'm not a fan of, he does so in ways that it fits well with the story and does not over do it.
Mike
This is the third book in the Bengal Station series. It is set about 4 years after the 2nd book. Although I really liked it, it probably isn't as good as the third and the series is getting a bit tired. Although part of me would like to know what happens next, I think it is better to bring the series to a close on this note rather than ending on a bad note.
LadyCroft86
This book was better than the first book by far. There was a lot of political stuff that I didn't like and the book could have done without. I liked that this book wasn't so much of a murder mystery but a true sci fi with aliens and space travel concepts. Another easy read, but one that I won't read again.
Henry Bakker
Emmanuel
More broad-reaching plot than previous in the series, but still personable. Finally revealing more tech and futurism. Curious if there will be a follow-up.
Eric Holm
It was somewhat entertaining. Some vague references to Star Trek movies, rather weak resolutions and characters. The beginning was very good.
Stephina
This is book 3 of a trilogy. I really hope there's more. I really enjoyed the series.
Arthur
I thought this series was quite good. I highly recommend it!
Gerry
Interesting book, almost like starwars.
Piet Rift
Piet Rift marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Farseer
Farseer marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Luis Guimarães
Luis Guimarães marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Technician
  • Boneyards (Diving Universe, #3)
  • Rift in the Sky (Stratification, #3)
  • Bitter Angels
  • Chimera (The Subterrene War, #3)
  • The Creative Fire (Ruby's Song #1)
  • The Domino Pattern (Quadrail, #4)
  • Impulse: The Lightship Chronicles
  • The Demon Lord (Book of Years, # 2)
  • The Orphaned Worlds (Humanity's Fire, #2)
  • Heretics (Apotheosis, #2)
  • Four Hundred Billion Stars (Four Hundred Billion Stars, #1)
  • Particle Horizon
  • Watermind
  • Between Darkness and Light  (Sholan Alliance, #7)
  • Emissaries from the Dead (Andrea Cort #1)
  • A Grey Moon Over China
  • Macrolife: A Mobile Utopia
Eric Brown's first short story was published in _Interzone_ in 1987, and he sold his first novel, _Meridian Days_, in 1992. He has won the British Science Fiction Award twice for his short stories and has published forty books: SF novels, collections, books for teenagers and younger children, and he writes a monthly SF review column for the _Guardian_.

He is married to the writer and medievalist Fi
More about Eric Brown...

Bengal Station (4 books)
  • Bengal Station
  • Necropath (Bengal Station, #1)
  • Xenopath (Bengal Station, #2)
Helix Necropath (Bengal Station, #1) Kethani Xenopath (Bengal Station, #2) The Kings of Eternity