Start by marking “Lancelot Du Lethe” as Want to Read:
Lancelot Du Lethe

Lancelot Du Lethe (Arthurian Triptych #2)

The Arthurian epic that began in Mad Merlin continues in Lancelot du Lethe, the story of the greatest knight, paramour, and traitor the Round Table has ever known.

The story of Lancelot is one of striving for perfection only to fall short due to the sins of the flesh. But in Lancelot du Lethe the knight is only partially of the mortal realm. He and Guinevere share a mystica
Published February 17th 2003 by Tor Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lancelot Du Lethe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lancelot Du Lethe

Christina Maria
The thing about the Arthurian cycle is that it seems like people never get tired of writing more and more of it. This book (which I didn't realize was second in a series of three) is from the point of view of Lancelot.

In it, everything is incredibly symbolic, but don't worry if you didn't get it because it's usually explained to you. Also, Lancelot and Guinevere are destined to be together in every way and lose any responsibility or blame for betraying Arthur. Arthur himself and their relations
Melissa Johnson
Aug 15, 2012 Melissa Johnson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Don't know if I can get past the author's description of Queen Elaine having to disguise herself in peasant clothing as "she seemed a woman being raped." Highly questionable metaphor there. Also can't get past the staccato sentences like "her ears roared with wind. Her mouth burned with brine. Her skin stung with rain."

Annoyed enough at this point not to read much further. Honestly, it's why I've nearly given up on the genre to begin with.
Mar 23, 2016 Jaimie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindsey Sablowski
This book I absolutely adored. I have read many stories about Lancelot and the knights of the Round Table. Many of us probably know what the original story goes as. Though in the original legend, Lancelot is the knight who betrays King Arthur and is ultimately the reason for the ending of Camelot, I believe this novel showed another side.
The story is told from Lancelot's eyes; it starts at the very beginning when Lancelot is born. We become so involved in his dreams to be a knight --to be someth
Athena Thomas
Aug 30, 2016 Athena Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
still enjoying this approach to the whole Arthurian legend that draws all the tales/fantasies together ... enjoyable -- heading for the third title now
May 19, 2008 Nikki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nov 28, 2010 Carleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re-read this book recently, and it was my absolute favorite thing in high school, but now...not so much. Still a lovely story, a different twist than the usual Arthur/Gwen/Lancelot story, but it all just feels...rushed. As though it were a summary written about an entire series of books.
Jan 22, 2011 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While looking at new books by authors I've read I had to mark this old read as worth remembering. A new take on an old story. Arthurian rewrites are a favorite of mine and I've read some very good new takes, this being one of them.
unknown marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2016
John Masters
John Masters marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2016
dawn helms
dawn helms rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Brittany is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2016
Dielitza Hernandez
Dielitza Hernandez marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Jeremy added it
Sep 17, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Britta marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Tanja marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
raul garduno jr
raul garduno jr marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Charles marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Goddess of Chaos
Goddess of Chaos marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Erica Costenbader
Erica Costenbader marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Jason Miller
Jason Miller marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Janie marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Ken Sheehan
Ken Sheehan rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2016
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Bryan Pitchford
Bryan Pitchford marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
  • King Arthur
  • Excalibur
  • The Story of Sir Launcelot and His Companions
  • Guinevere Evermore (Guinevere, #3)
  • The Serpent and the Grail (Arthor, #4)
  • The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere
  • Wise Woman's Telling (Morgan Le Fay, #1)
  • Merlin's Mirror
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • Gawain and Lady Green (Merlin's Harp, #2)
  • King Arthur
  • Shalott (Shalott, #1)
  • Hobby (The Young Merlin Trilogy, #2)
  • Excalibur!
  • The Killing Way (Arthurian Mysteries, #1)
  • The Return of Merlin
  • Beloved Exile (Firelord, #2)
  • Guardian of the Balance (Merlin's Descendants, #1)

Arthurian Triptych (3 books)
  • Mad Merlin