Lancelot Du Lethe

Lancelot Du Lethe

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Arthurian epic that began in Mad Merlin continues in Lancelot du Lethe, the story of the greatest knight, paramour, and traitor the Round Table has ever known.

The story of Lancelot is one of striving for perfection only to fall short due to the sins of the flesh. But in Lancelot du Lethe the knight is only partially of the mortal realm. He and Guinevere share a mystic...more
Published February 17th 2003 by Tor Books (first published 2001)

Lindsey Sablowski
This book I absolutely adored. I have read many stories about Lancelot and the knights of the Round Table. Many of us probably know what the original story goes as. Though in the original legend, Lancelot is the knight who betrays King Arthur and is ultimately the reason for the ending of Camelot, I believe this novel showed another side.
The story is told from Lancelot's eyes; it starts at the very beginning when Lancelot is born. We become so involved in his dreams to be a knight --to be someth...more
Melissa Johnson
Don't know if I can get past the author's description of Queen Elaine having to disguise herself in peasant clothing as "she seemed a woman being raped." Highly questionable metaphor there. Also can't get past the staccato sentences like "her ears roared with wind. Her mouth burned with brine. Her skin stung with rain."

Annoyed enough at this point not to read much further. Honestly, it's why I've nearly given up on the genre to begin with.
Nikki
Carleen
Re-read this book recently, and it was my absolute favorite thing in high school, but now...not so much. Still a lovely story, a different twist than the usual Arthur/Gwen/Lancelot story, but it all just feels...rushed. As though it were a summary written about an entire series of books.
Joy
While looking at new books by authors I've read I had to mark this old read as worth remembering. A new take on an old story. Arthurian rewrites are a favorite of mine and I've read some very good new takes, this being one of them.
Reggie Carlisle
Reggie Carlisle marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Buddha
Buddha added it
Jun 22, 2014
Joanne G.
Joanne G. marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Kara Bianca
Kara Bianca marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Jade Parks
Jade Parks is currently reading it
Apr 29, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Elke
Elke marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Ashleigh
Ashleigh marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
R
R marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2014
Thad O'dell
Thad O'dell marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2014
Regina
Regina added it
Jan 12, 2014
Leah Walker
Leah Walker marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Vinas Solamnus (Dragonlance: Lost Legends, #1) Realms of Magic (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #3) Edge of Destiny (Guild Wars, #2) Heart of Midnight (Ravenloft, #4) Time Streams (Magic: The Gathering: Artifacts Cycle, #3)