Start by marking “Miraculous Movements: How Hundreds of Thousands of Muslims Are Falling in Love with Jesus” as Want to Read:

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  156 ratings  ·  30 reviews
How do the people most resistant to the transformative power of the gospel come to be its most devoted followers? "Miraculous Movement "recounts an amazing change taking place within Muslim communities where the truth of Jesus Christ is turning around the lives of many thousands of Muslims from more than twenty people groups. Discover through the sometimes humorous, often ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Miraculous Movements, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miraculous Movements

Michael
Interesting for a couple of reasons. First, it's full of real-life stories of Muslims turning to Jesus and making disciples of people in their communities. The stories include a number of common themes as to how God seems to be working and drawing people to himself. Second, the book is an introduction to a strategy of church-planting based on Jesus' ministry and principles of simplicity and reproducibility. There is no seven step plan to seeing movements of disciples, but the book does introduce ...more
Nikki Arana
Fabulous book for anyone who wants to educate themselves about ministering to Muslims.
Linda
This is an incredible book. It will refresh your faith, encourage you, amaze you, inspire you, instruct you, and convict you. Most of all, it will cause you to realize anew that God is at work and transforming the hearts and lives of a people whom many Christians often have viewed as unreachable. Testimonies of former Muslims fill the pages as they tell of the spiritual emptiness and dissatisfaction that simmer beneath the surface of so many within the Muslim community, revealing their experienc ...more
John
I don't think I can do justice with a summary or review of this stunning little book except to say that it certainly has challenged my thinking.

These sentences from Chapter 13 provide at least a glimpse of what "Miraculous Movement" has to tell us:

"Don't start a program; develop a lifestyle of caring relationships. When people are a target of your program or a trophy that you want to get, they will know it in your way of dealing with them. Genuine love and friendship are what touch the hearts of
Marti Wade
Re-read this in one sitting, in preparation for attending a conference featuring the author. It's long, though. Impressed by the author's humble delight in the counter-intuitive things God has done not only through their ministry but others as well. A "sequel" of sorts is due out later this month, along with a new book by David Garrison, which I hope will address ways folks in his circle have adjusted since the sometimes-maligned "Church Planting Movements" was written some years ago.
Caleb Werntz
I read this book before the group I am with began to read it chapter by chapter per week together. One friend I knew in Oregon, who assembled the group, has a heart for sharing the good news with those who haven't heard it and I wanted to read the book before our group got together -- to be prepared even more.
I really enjoyed the structure of it, style, and direction it had. Altogether, it encouraged me to join the mission and bring the good news to people groups that don't know -- even more th
Rebekah Mott forbes
I really enjoyed reading this. There were examples and testimonies of what God is doing in the hearts of Muslims and Christians. It also offers a very simple approach to starting a Bible study that not only instructs, but challenges one to step out in obedience to Christ.
Jolayne Morneau
This book moved me. It's a beautiful reminder of how much God truly loves and how much His Spirit can move through people.
John M.
An eyewitness account of what is happening and has happened in Africa. Very encouraging and inspirational.
Amy
Great story, really poorly written.
Josiah
I was revisiting this book in anticipation of meeting Mr Jerry Trousdale two weekends ago. A wise man. Chapter 3 is especially key: it tells several stories of movements of people to Jesus through radical, intentional, strategic prayer.
Trousdale outlines in that chapter four key elements to helping birth a prayer-centered, gospel-preaching, mass movement:
1. Leaders living and modeling personal disciplines of prayer
2. Praying for new regions and pioneer teams
3. Training new Christians to pray
John Avery
We hear so many stories about Muslim people having dreams and visions of Jesus and then becoming followers. This book puts those stories in context because they come from authentic sources known to the author and his organization. What God is doing in many lives throughout the Muslim world is broader than spectacular individual conversions; He is raising up disciplers and leaders. New churches are being birthed and multiplication is happening. If you want the context, this book is a must.
JoonHui
It is an inspiring book but little insights of the theology and doctrines being used during their discipleship. Sounds phenomenon but I would rather be careful to have a little more understanding with such movement.
John Bardsley
Jaw dropping stories of Muslims who decide that Isa Jesus) is the one who answers when they pray, Jesus is the one who changes their lives for the better, and Jesus is the one they want their family and friends to know too.
Sometimes they cop some flak, but other times they are amazed at who else is fascinated to find out, as they were. Sometimes as they respond lovingly to the flak, their worst enemy changes into a disciple too!
It talks about the prayer that went into the first encounters, and
Amelia Delrio
I enjoyed this book very much. I love to hear stories to remind me of just how GREAT our God is! It is easy to read and will be uplifting to your life.
Luke Brown
This book was recommended by some missionaries who, it sounds like, are planning to carry out the concepts of this amazing and fascinating book, which details the amazing success of evangelizing the disciple-making (rather than church-planting) in heavily Muslim areas. It is exciting to read what is happening in other parts of the world, and certainly not what you read in the media, which reports that Christianity has been virtually extinguished in parts of the Muslim world. If it will work ther ...more
Rosemary
I wish that I could give this book six stars. Read it!
Steve Henry
The most beneficial aspect of the book was the explanation and illustration of Discovery Bible Studies (DBS). These principles could easily be used anywhere though the focus of the book and the author is on the Muslim world.

It seemed the majority of disciple making movements cited came from the African continent. I think the book could have been strengthened by citing examples from varying Muslim countries and cultures. But overall, an important book worth our consideration.
Will Pareja
This book isn't just about God's work in the Muslim world. It's about the power of the Word of God and the simply potent principles of making disciples of all the nations.
American church growth novella should be well served and even corrected by the accounts contained herein.
Darrell Jolley
A Must read on disciple making movements, grassroots by non-professional ministries among hard to reach Muslim people groups around the world. Exciting for the miracles God is doing to bring people to Himself and motivating to be and stay involved in the lives of the lost.. Being on mission at home.

Must pray more.
Gina
Love it! Excellent book. Chapter 13 Getting Started is for everyone! I love the bible study methodology. It's miraculous the changes taking place in Muslim communities all over the world. This is encouraging, inspiring & increases your faith in God. The testimonies are truly miraculous.
Janine Toomey
Very intrigued by this book. It gave me a lot to think about, and prompts me to want to learn Bible stories well enough to relay them with having to read them. The Word says that there will be a famine in end times of the Word of God, and I want to have it hidden in my heart!
Logan Almy
The discipleship principles illustrated in this book are both inspiring and practical. Our discipleship all too often focuses on the mere communication of information rather than life transformation and obedience.
Daniel Hill
Some great testimonies, but reads like an advert for this particular ministry. Paid 10 pence in the charity shop for it and it was probably just about worth it.
Charissa
Incredible stories of God's work amongst Muslims that you will not hear from the media. Wonderful equipping tool for ministry to those whom God dearly loves.
Michael Vincent
The most exciting book I read in 2012! A wonderful summary of how God is showing His mighty power around the world.
Steve
Very good read...amazing stories of how Muslims are coming to Christ.
Elise
Wow! Incredible true stories! Definitely worth reading.
Tim Wint
Nov 29, 2013 Tim Wint rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Believers who want to share their faith
Excellent book. Storytelling really works.
Jill
Yeah, it's good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Wind in the House of Islam
  • Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World?
  • In the Land of Blue Burqas
  • Muslims, Christians, and Jesus: Gaining Understanding and Building Relationships
  • Breaking the Islam Code: Understanding the Soul Questions of Every Muslim
  • Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: Reader
  • T4T A Discipleship Revolution
  • Everyday Church: Gospel Communities on Mission
  • Revival God's Way
  • Questioning Evangelism: Engaging People's Hearts the Way Jesus Did
  • Jesus: The Only Way to God: Must You Hear the Gospel to Be Saved?
  • Death of a Guru
  • The Christ of the Indian Road
  • Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus: A Devout Muslim Encounters Christianity
  • Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City
  • Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels
  • Compelled by Love: How to Change the World Through the Simple Power of Love in Action
  • The Meeting of the Waters: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Future Church
Sp Miraculous Movements Movimientos milagrosos: Cómo cientos de miles de musulmanes están enamorándose de Jesús Movimientos Milagrosos: Como Cientos de Miles de Musulmanes Estan Enamorandose de Jesus