Bramble and Maggie: Horse Meets Girl

Bramble and Maggie: Horse Meets Girl (Bramble and Maggie)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Come along for a spirited ride as Bramble - a horse with interesting "little ways"- and her devoted girl, Maggie, make their debut in this inviting early reader.

Maggie wants a pony to ride and take care of, and to prepare she's been reading a big book on horse care. Meanwhile, Bramble is bored with giving riding lessons and walking in circles. She's looking for just the ri...more
Published March 27th 2012 by Candlewick

To ask other readers questions about Bramble and Maggie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bramble and Maggie

Teresa Scherping
Bramble the horse is tired of going around and around in circles at horseback riding lessons. When she stops listening to her rider, Mrs. Blenkinsop, the riding teacher, decides that maybe it's time for Bramble to have a person of her own to have fun with. Maggie is riding in the car with her parents when she sees a sign advertising a "Free Horse" and can't believe her good luck! But Bramble is picky about who should be her new human, and Maggie knows she should be picky about getting a horse. W...more
Becky
Jul 26, 2012 Becky rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I really liked this early reader (early chapter book) about Bramble and Maggie. Bramble is a horse with attitude. Tired of riding in a ring every day, tired of being a teaching horse, Bramble wants more--to belong to one person, to have one rider who understands and loves. Maggie would love a horse of her own, and when her parents spot a sign offering a free horse, well, Maggie is beyond excited. She HOPES that Bramble will want to come home with her. And the two do seem to get along right from...more
great new horse series, reminds us of Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa
Lynn
Dream come true beginning chapter book story for horse-loving little girls. Cute portrayal of how the horse is thinking as the two get to know each other to decide if they are right for each other.
Why do authors of books for transitional readers include difficult names like 'Blekinsop' that require the inexperienced reader to stop the flow of thought as they attempt to sound out the name every time it appears?
Although it's cute at first that Maggie sleeps in front of the stall the first night, i...more
Gwen the Librarian
Perfect for children just getting ready for chapters, this story is practical, humorous, and has great illustrations. Bramble the horse is tired of just walking around the ring all day, so he starts acting up. His owner decides it is time to sell him to just the right family. Maggie has been wanting a horse and she soon sees through Bramble's willful tricks and becomes a perfect partner.
I have been looking for a sweet, beginning chapter book for my almost 5 year old daughter. I am picky about language and plot (I'm disgusted with the girl drama and cattiness in books written for young girls). Bramble and Maggie is perfect; its innocent and interesting. My 3.5 year old son likes it too. I only wish there were more than 2 books in this series.
Anne
Sparks for New Readers series. Bramble is a horse at a riding stable, however, she is bored by doing the same things every day. The owner decides to sell Bramble, eventually going home with Maggie. This will appeal to all those little girls like me who wanted to keep a pony in their back yard.
Karen Arendt
Maggie wants a horse, and Bramble is a horse tired of doing lessons in a ring day after day. Maggie and Bramble find each other and learn that they are perfect for teach other. Great story for horse lovers. A little more advanced than an easy reader book.
Lorna
This is a charming early chapter book, or more advanced easy-reader book. A sweet story of a girl getting her first horse and a horse learning to trust his first girl. Great illustrations, too!

Mari
This is a perfect title for horse lovers who are just past beginning reader chapter books. A great addition to the "bridge book" crowd.
Jason
Man, this series is really winning over this non-horse-lover. Though that may change if Haas keeps writing books about these two.
Lynda Shoup
Lovely book for horse loving emerging readers. I imagine this book will be very popular in my library. I was enchanted.
katsok
I love this sweet early chapter book about a quirky horse and the girl who falls in love with it.
kate
An adorable illustrated middle-reader. Would recommend for 1st and 2nd graders who love horses.
San Frazier
We love the Bramble and Maggie stories in this house. So get on and read it
ReadingWench
A great easy reader book for your 2nd grader girl who loves horses.

AR 2.1
Karen
A great book for children who are starting to read chapter books & love horses!
Suzan
Great book for girls who are ready for chapter books and who love horses.
Perfect for girls just starting to read chapter books.
Colby Sharp
I love the spunk the horse in this book has.
Edward Sullivan
A story horse lovers will enjoy.
PWRL
Jan 28, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Chris
Chris added it
Sep 02, 2014
Sharon Hunt
Sharon Hunt marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Peggy
Peggy added it
Jun 26, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
LeAm
LeAm added it
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Jessie Haas has written over 35 books for children and adults, many about horses--a lifelong passion. She currently owns a Morgan mare, Robin, who is being clicker-trained to be a trail and pasture-dressage horse. She lives in a small, off-grid house in the woods with husband Michael J. Daley, two cats and a dog. When not writing or riding or reading she likes to knit, cook, and write, or ride, or...more
More about Jessie Haas...
Saige (Saige, #1) Saige Paints the Sky (Saige, #2) Chase Unbroken Runaway Radish