Start by marking “Rough Start, Great Finish: [Inspiring True Stories of People Who Turned Trials Into Triumphs]” as Want to Read:

4.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  85 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The scriptures repeatedly show that you have to go through the wilderness to get to the promised land. It was true for Lehi and his family, and it's true in our personal lives. Many people who had a rough beginning end up having a great finish. (For example, which current member of the Quorum of the Twelve struggled so badly in arithmetic that on one occasion classmates th ...more
Audio CD
Published September 12th 2007 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Rough Start, Great Finish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Start, Great Finish

Angie
Sep 25, 2014 Angie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds, teen, adult, library
Loved the stories. Inspiring.
Jacob
Sep 25, 2014 Jacob rated it it was amazing
It was amazing very uplifting
Heidi
Definitely needing this right now. I could tell by the title it would be something to get me through this rough, low, emotional time. And the stories he told--some familiar and some not--were inspiring and uplifting. My spiritual muscle is just being broken so that it can be stronger. Though I know these concepts, I really DO need to hear them over and over.
Jamier1947
Apr 20, 2010 Jamier1947 rated it it was amazing
This is an outstanding talk. Took me about an hour to hear. I give it 5 stars because I think it can change your attitude about trials. Because I have trials of my own, I feel this book has truths and is worth everyone hearing! I also gleaned about 5 more books I want to read from what is suggested. I highly recommend this to everyone.
Hunybe
May 08, 2010 Hunybe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religious
Listened to this one on audio on my morning commute....arrived to work (at a cancer hospital) already in tears, it wasn't a promising outlook for my makeup to survive the next 12 hours...since it was half gone from the get go. Really inspirational.
Margie
Mar 07, 2010 Margie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: LDS Youth
Recommended to Margie by: Lauren Crane
Always entertaining, John Bytheway is able to turn a phrase and weave principles together that make spiritual learning interesting whether you're hearing it for the first time or hearing it again for the first time. Like his style.
Brittany
Mar 11, 2010 Brittany rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people with difficult family situations, people experiencing trials
This is one of the best talks I've heard in a long time. It really touched me and included a lot of things that I, personally, needed to hear.
Colette Hokanson
May 16, 2008 Colette Hokanson rated it it was amazing
BEST CD I've listened to in a long time. It is inspiring, especially if you are going through challenges. It is definately one to own.
Inspired Kathy
Jan 14, 2009 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing
John Bytheway is amazing. I just love listening to him speak. My kids all love him too and we laugh and listen and learn together.
Mary Ann
Jun 03, 2009 Mary Ann rated it really liked it
Talk on CD. Some good example of people who overcame hardships to be successful. John Bytheway is always entertaining and inspiring.
Danni
Nov 25, 2013 Danni rated it it was amazing
It gave me hope for a better tomorrow.
Robbyn
Robbyn marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Nicole Stein-Popp
Nicole Stein-Popp marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Carrie Matheson
Carrie Matheson marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Jill Hanson
Jill Hanson marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Audrey Saunders
Audrey Saunders rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2015
Garrett Michael
Garrett Michael rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Alisha
Alisha marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Lisa Dodds
Lisa Dodds rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Erin1
Erin1 marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Kurlayna Holt
Kurlayna Holt marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Ariza Zubia
Ariza Zubia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Marjorie Norman
Marjorie Norman rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Everett Hulsey
Everett Hulsey marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Cathy Hubbard
Cathy Hubbard rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2014
Aaron Ashton
Aaron Ashton marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
John Bytheway (born October 1962) is an American author and academic, who is well known as a comic motivational speaker for youth within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Born in Salt Lake City, Bytheway attended the University of Utah and Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah, receiving a Master's Degree in Religious Education. He also served as a missionary for the LDS Chu ...more
More about John Bytheway...