Start by marking “Rescued by a Rake (Rakes and Rogues #1)” as Want to Read:
Rescued by a Rake (Rakes and Rogues #1)

Rescued by a Rake (Rakes and Rogues #1)

A gothic romance set in 19th-century England.

In a desperate attempt to flee the advances of her lecherous employer, governess Lydia Taylor steals his pistol and sets off across the Yorkshire countryside. After spending two months as a virtual prisoner at Stanbury Manor she wants nothing to do with Lord Hugh Stanbury—or any other man.

When Lord Jack Sibley glimpses a ghostly
Published October 15th 2011 by Gwenan Haines

To ask other readers questions about Rescued by a Rake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescued by a Rake

Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Lydia is a governess and is on the run from her employer, Lord Hugh. While on the run she stumbles on to the property of Jack with a reputation of his own.

THOUGHTS

This was a likable quick read with a rake that seems sexy and a bit mysterious. Lord Jake has been fighting his demons dealing with his brother and his brother's fiancé death. When he stumbles upon Lydia, he seems to be alive again. With Lord Hugh searching for Lydia, it left
Elise Marion
Oct 24, 2011 Elise Marion rated it really liked it
The Run-down: Lydia is a governess running away from her lecherous employer. With nothing but a stolen pistol and the clothes on her back, she leaves after being attacked by her boss. As she escapes across the moors she is spotted by Jack Sibley, a dark Lord with an equally dark past. Fireworks spark between them instantly, and Lydia decides that she wants Jack at all costs. Undeterred by the scandal that surrounds him, she sets out to win his heart, but isn't shy about offering up her body in t ...more
Lindsey ( United By Books Reviews)
Lydia is a governess. After an unwanted advance on her was made by the despicable Lord Standburry, she escapes into the cold and rainy night with his pistol as her only source of protection. Fighting the elements of the weather she rushes blindly into the night. She thinks she is heading to town, but winds up at the moors, and right into the path of the rake lord, Jack Sibley. Fighting a few of his own ghosts Jack happens to see Lydia outside in his moors caught in the storm. When he sees Lydia ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

In Rescued by a Rake, events start dramatically as Lydia Taylor, on the run, rushes across the windswept Moorlands to a backdrop of lightning. Stanbury, the cad, is all the villain needed here…but he's not the only one. While I had no doubts about Stanbury… Lydia’s ‘rescuer’ gave me pause as well.

Jack Sibley, artist, gentleman, murderer? He is, to Lydia’s mind, unpredictable and exciting. His past issues and the gossip about him – the
Maegan Morin
Dec 14, 2011 Maegan Morin rated it really liked it
Rescued By A Rake written by Gwenan Haines is the first novella in the Rakes and Rogues series. Lydia Taylor a young governess is on the from from a disgusting employer with less than pure thoughts. Running into the moor during a storm she is rescued by Jack Sibley. Jack knows that the best thing for Lydia is to flee as he knows what it is to be an outcast. But will he be able to let her go?

This was a good novella I liked the characters stories and the author used great deal in describing Victor
Linda Andrews
Oct 27, 2011 Linda Andrews rated it really liked it
Governess Lydia Taylor is on the run from a lecherous employer. She'd planned to be in town by evening, but a storm has trapped her on the moors. Holed up in his manor house, Jack Sibley is hiding from his dark past and trying to lose himself in his art. A chance glance out the window and he spies a woman in trouble and rushes to her rescue.

But once he has her, will he let her go?

Rescued by a Rake is a great short story, brimming with lush details of Victorian England, Gothic atmosphere and hot
Tia
Jan 05, 2012 Tia rated it liked it
I enjoyed this short story. Lord Stansbury was a SCOUNDREL!!! How aweful to be subjected to unwanted advances by ones employer for needing to make a living. The steamy encounters between Lydia and Jack were HOT!!!
T.
T. rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2012
Éowyn
Éowyn rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Alpestre
Alpestre rated it did not like it
Jan 29, 2012
Vikki Vaught
Vikki Vaught rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Lady Gee
Lady Gee rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2012
Stephanie Ruth
Stephanie Ruth rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2015
T
T rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2012
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Oct 21, 2014
Angelina Eastman
Angelina Eastman rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Leah
Leah rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
John J. Hughes
John J. Hughes rated it did not like it
Nov 24, 2015
Karina Rapp
Karina Rapp rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2013
Victoria Ferauge
Victoria Ferauge rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2013
Tai-
Tai- rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2014
Amanda Pomeroy
Dec 31, 2011 Amanda Pomeroy rated it liked it
Cute story.
Mag
Mag rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Lisa Weir
Lisa Weir rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2016
Angela E Murley
Angela E Murley rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Jennifer rated it did not like it
Dec 20, 2011
Cassie
Cassie rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2015
Alpestre
Alpestre rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2014
I live in New England with my daughter and a Siberian husky born on Halloween. I'm the author of two romantic suspense novels and a third, COLLATERAL RISK, is due out later this year. I've been hooked on suspense ever since my mom read me one of her old Nancy Drew mysteries when I was five years old. I also love romance and fantasy. My paranormal novella, WRAITH, and novel, SHIFT, the first two in ...more
More about Gwenan Haines...