Mia's Baker's Dozen (Cupcake Diaries, #6)

Mia's Baker's Dozen (Cupcake Diaries #6)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Mia finds that one more in the mix is always better in this treat of a tween series!

Mia is getting used to her new family now that her mom is remarried to Eddie and she’s gained a new stepbrother, Dan. She’s in the groove of going to her dad’s house on the weekends, and everything is going pretty well at home and at school. Well, except for Sp...more
Published February 7th 2012 by Simon Spotlight

To ask other readers questions about Mia's Baker's Dozen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mia's Baker's Dozen

Emily Y.
I really love this book because the writer puts a unique problem in the book. Mia the main character has trouble in Spanish even though her parents are Spanish. She knows how to speak Spanish really well but not really read it or write it. Just like me, I know how to speak Chinese really well but I’m still learning how to read it and write it. Anyway, the bad part is that Mia’s mom does not even know! That is not like me. Mia also is in a cupcake club and she is too busy to study. That is a prob...more
Crys (The Hodgenator)
First let me say that I absolutely love this series, and I recommend it to all readers, but especially if your tween is a bit of a slow reader. The plots are engaging, fun, and full of cupcakes! Each novel focuses on one of four characters, and her troubles, which might seem silly to adults, really plays to their intended audience. What more could a tween reader want?

In this installment, the sixth in the series, the focus is on Mia. She has a bit of a problem and is unsure of how to solve it. Sc...more
Ms. Yingling
Mia struggles with having her dad in New York City while she lives in the suburbs with her mother and step father, but she feels even worse when she is failing Spanish, a language that both her mother and father speak fluently. She even makes a mistake in Spanish that makes a friend mad at her boyfriend! Cupcakes are one thing-- Mia loves to bake and comes up with a lot of good ideas, but she isn't as good at handling her homework load or asking for help when she needs it. She does have some oth...more
Debbie
Mia is sad when her parents get a divorce. This book is interesting and it entertained me I liked the parts when she was in Spanish class because she made me nervous for her. It also talked about building a strong friendship. I really liked this book
Story
I loved this series at first, being a tween and all... I was getting sick of this series after about 4 books and I decided I would read 5. It was amazing.. Then I read 6. It was the last straw for me and I hated it.
Lucy Liu
mia should know that she is lucky to have 2 dads. some have 1 or none but she has 2 she is lucky
Monique
It kinda annoys me that in these books, It's always about somebody hiding something from SOMEBODY because they are either to scared to do anything, procrastinating, or think they can do it all by themselves. Their like, what? 11, 12? It's kinda ridiculous for me when they continue to put it off (talking to a parent,etc). 4 stars!
Jocelin
Still enjoying the series. I love the way the series is dealing with issues dealing with the girls growing up. This one dealt more with friendship isssues than cupcakes. The cupcakes are still present but they are more in the background. I have so much fun reading this series. They are such fun and quick reads.
Mellodi Parks
I love these little books! It reminds me of great memories growing up.This is a great middle grade read for the gals. Give it a read.
Lisa
Loved the message in this book about step-parents.
Emma
I love this series! It ties in food and friends!
Tylajones
This book is good to read
PWRL
Oct 16, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Chow Yun
Chow Yun marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Comfort
Comfort marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Leenee
Leenee marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Eileen Fitch
Eileen Fitch marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Marifer Sanchez
Marifer Sanchez marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
  • The Power of Poppy Pendle
  • Sprinkles and Secrets
  • Chrissa (American Girl Today)
  • The Whites of Their Eyes
  • Miss Popularity and the Best Friend Disaster (Miss Popularity #3; Candy Apple #28)
  • Just Grace Walks the Dog
  • The Teashop Girls (Teashop Girls, #1)
  • Save the Cupcake! (Confectionately Yours, #1)
  • No Cream Puffs
  • Life, Starring Me! (Candy Apple #18)
  • The Sweetheart Deal (Candy Apple Special Edition, #1)
  • Abby Carnelia's One and Only Magical Power
  • The Classroom
  • Lily B. on the Brink of Love
  • The Second Spy (The Books of Elsewhere, #3)
  • Till Death Do Us Bark (43 Old Cemetery Road, #3)
  • My Last Best Friend
  • Mrs. Jafee Is Daffy! (My Weird School Daze #6)
Coco Simon always dreamed of opening a cupcake bakery, but she’s afraid she would eat all the profits. When she’s not daydreaming about cupcakes, Coco edits children’s books and has written close to 100 books for children, tweens, and young adults, which is a lot less than the number of cupcakes she’s eaten. Cupcake Diaries is the first time Coco has mixed her love of cupcakes with writing.
More about Coco Simon...
Katie and the Cupcake Cure (Cupcake Diaries, #1) Mia in the Mix (Cupcake Diaries, #2) Emma On Thin Icing (Cupcake Diaries, #3) Alexis and the Perfect Recipe (Cupcake Diaries, #4) Katie, Batter Up! (Cupcake Diaries, #5)