Start by marking “Natural Born Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Natural Born Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #1)

Natural Born Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue #1)

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  649 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
What happens when beautiful, twenty-year-old petty thief and ex-stripper Mink LaRue finds out she's a dead ringer for the age-progressed photo of the missing oil heiress Sable Dominion?

Harlem-born Mink LaRue makes a beeline to Dallas, Texas, pretending to be the Dominions' long-lost daughter, Sable. She knows she's hit the jackpot when she and her super ghetto partner in c
Published May 1st 2012 by Dafina (first published April 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Natural Born Liar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natural Born Liar

Me'Tova Hollingsworth
May 27, 2012 Me'Tova Hollingsworth rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I've read all of Noire's work and this is no different than all the others when it comes to her her natural writing skills. The characters in this book was a trip. Norie packed every type of person in this book from kissing cousins to pain sluts. It was so funny. After reading this book, you will find that Mink and Bunni are not the only ones with a secret. Everyone has a motive of thier own. I can't believe that Mink and Bunni managed to pull this off at least for now. Don't ...more
Lynette
Jul 26, 2012 Lynette rated it really liked it
I wasn't ready for it to end so soon!!
ConSonia
Oct 09, 2012 ConSonia rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book it was a hot, ghetto mess.. LOVED IT CANT WAIT FOR PART 2 THIS MONTH.;-)
Sandra Atueyi
Oct 15, 2013 Sandra Atueyi rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading Natural Born Liar. Noire did a good job. Natural Born Liar is a good book but each of characters are a hot mess.

Mink LaRue is stupid and ratchet. Mink is a good liar and unfaithful person. Dajuan has played her real good. She lost the money and everything. She needs to be careful how she treats people. Gutta will going to find out that Mink stole his money and lost his apartment. Mink is also a con artist who is thinking about her and the quick money. I think that she could ha
Doniqual Nelson
Aug 30, 2012 Doniqual Nelson rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
I'm currently reading this book and I actually love it! It's an interesting book about a woman who will do anything for money. Her and her friend comes up with a scheme to get ALOT of money and you will be surprised at what happens when you read it. This book will have you reading until you are on the last page. Once you read this book, you will not be able to wait to read the second book!
Black Carrie
Jul 18, 2014 Black Carrie rated it it was amazing
Natural Born Liar was crazy good !!! Just when u think you know what's going to happen bam "you don't know jack shit" smh the book grabs u in from the first page and holds u all the way til the end and will have You feigning for more.
Mink and her friends from Harlem are ratchet in every way possible from their style to their personalities. They set out for Texas to claim an inheritance for Sable and they turn the place upside down and actually end up making friends in odd places. I enjoyed the
Christine
Jul 10, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
This book tells the story of Mink LaRue who is a thief and former stripper living in Harlem. One day Mink's best friend Bunni notices how much Mink looks like a missing oil heiress on the back of a milk carton. Mink and Bunni, who are low on funds, hatch a plan to go to Dallas Texas and pretend Mink is the long lost Sable Dominion.

Right from the start, these two ladies are always in some sort of trouble. They realize that if Mink can convince everyone that she is Sable that they will be set. Min
Alana H.
Nov 10, 2012 Alana H. rated it really liked it
This book...no words. The part that was confusing was since there was a re-test and it was suppose to be negative by default why would it turn negative ? Wouldn't that mean sable is actually a twin ? There's a lot of lose evidence in this book and I'm definitely looking forward to the next !
Vette
Jun 02, 2012 Vette rated it really liked it
Recommended to Vette by: NookReader book group on FB
Natural Born Liar was a very enjoyable book not your typical Noire style though. I already pre-order pt2. Its one of those books that you must continue on to see the outcome. Mink and Bunni sure know how to run a scam or do they??? We will soon see when Sexy Little Liar drops in Oct 2012.
C.
Jan 03, 2013 C. rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audio and this book had me hooked right away. Looking forward to book two in this series.
Suzzette
Sep 11, 2012 Suzzette rated it really liked it
This was a good book. You have to read part 2.
Danielle Baldwin
Feb 03, 2013 Danielle Baldwin rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
A1
Jan 27, 2013 A1 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, I'm looking for the other one right now!! I enjoyed all the characters especially Peaches huni, I can just imagine his big ol self with some damn lingerie on!! Lol! Mink, on the other hand is a low down dirty broad that'll make somebody kill her ass with all the stuff she be into. Taking her man's money while he's locked up, & losing his spot?? She was doing the most for real.Once they arrived in Texas I started feeling a "B.A.P.'s" vibe. I can damn near see Bunni a ...more
PepperP0t
Petty thief and former stripper Mink LaRue and her bestie, Bowlegged Bunni lament their lack of funds when Bunni mentions how much Mink resembles a missing heiress ... after seeing her picture on a milk carton! Funds being what they are, in this case, non-existent, a scheme is born. The makeover to become Sable Dominion is underway and a trip to Dallas is planned.

As a foundation piece there is a bit of extraneous information and enough question are left over to intrigue the reader to find out w
Denise Gilliam
Sep 08, 2015 Denise Gilliam rated it it was amazing
This book was my first read by this author. All I can say is that Mink is a piece of work her and her damn friends. I really don't agree what she does to get her paper bit I understand her situation. Baron and Pilar are a piece of work. Great job Noire now on to part 2.
Dee Cherry
Apr 25, 2015 Dee Cherry rated it it was amazing
Truly entertaining. This is one of the funniest urban books I have ever read. The scheming minds of Mink & Bunni are hilarious. Ready to read more of their drama and conniving ways in Sexy Little Liars!
K Nikki  Waden
May 10, 2012 K Nikki Waden rated it liked it
This book was a disappointment,very little drama and the storyline did not give me any reason to read part 2
Latifa
Dec 19, 2013 Latifa rated it really liked it
In need of some money quick. Mink Larue and her beastie Bunni head to Texas pretending to be long lost daughter of the Dominions, a wealthy family whose daughter was kidnapped when she was younger. Realizing her task was not going to be as easy as rigging a DNA test, she must also convince her newfound siblings of her sincerity in being the missing girl.

I was immediately drawn into the book and story of Miss Mink Larue. This story brought on just enough comedy with a hint of drama to keep me tur
Writer's Block
Apr 13, 2013 Writer's Block rated it really liked it

Tashia
Dec 04, 2014 Tashia rated it did not like it
In all honesty I did not finish this book. Yes, I am a black person but the words depicted in this tale, I just could not understand. If you are one of those that will read this book, make sure you have some type of street and/or hood knowledge as you will be totally lost like I was. I never got beyond Chapter 2 as I tried to give it a chance but just really could not understand what many of the words meant.
Bayneeta
Tough to rate this since it's not my usual choice of reading material. Fast paced. I could have used a glossary. The sex was plentiful and energetic but not particularly sensual nor enticing for me. A peek into a different world. I can see the appeal of the characters and the settings even though it wasn't to my taste. Discussion questions are included in the book.
Teaguem2005
Apr 20, 2014 Teaguem2005 rated it really liked it
Took me a long time to read this bit not because it wasn't good; it was.

Mink LaRue was a New York hustler. The girl's middle name is probably scam. Lies for a living and after losing the profits from her latest grift, finds a new one...to pretend to be the kidnapped Sable Dominion from Texas.

Story written in true NYC dialogue, lol. Recommend.
Michelle Burns
Loved this read

This book started off a little slow for me but picked up quick. I'm enjoying the Dominion family and all their twisted schemes. Can't wait to read the second book in this series.
Seleina Muldrow
Feb 09, 2016 Seleina Muldrow rated it it was amazing
This was a very good book. Mink was a true gold digger. At one point I was starting to believe that she could be Sable. Can't wait to read the other books in this series
Ciera Williams
Feb 12, 2016 Ciera Williams rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book! It has so many spins to it you're just amazed at the end! I'm literally on my way to get part two as I speak! Cannot wait to read it!
Nakia Lyde
Feb 19, 2016 Nakia Lyde rated it it was amazing
can't wait to start part two how they going to throw me off like that and put another chick in the mix....wow can wait to listen to the next one
Danita Brown
Aug 08, 2014 Danita Brown rated it it was amazing
Noire did the damn thing in this book. I can't believe the events that happen in this book, I couldn't put it down.
MS. KYM
Jun 07, 2013 MS. KYM rated it liked it
Started reading this book before my Vacation (2 weeks ago), and finally, finished it before my vacation was over.. I enjoyed the book to a certain extent... Mink and Bunni were different type of "gold diggers." They came up with a plan, followed it, and made it out of Harlem for awhile..

The cliffhanger makes the reader want to find out what happens once Mink and Bunni leave Texas, leaving the one Dominion family member with a broken heart and the others seeking the truth.. So, I plan on purchas
Valerie
This urban erotic book was another one of Noire's 5 STAR BANGERS. I was engaged with the unique story line. Of course the story had the usual urban flavor of Bootylicious characters with expensive taste, but the story then took a different route to get the readers to stay interested.

Mink, the main character was a Natural Born Liar that used her mouth to get her in and out of trouble. Her latest "lick" has landed her on the other side of the set up.

The erotic scenes and encounters keep your pulse
Amanda
Feb 04, 2016 Amanda rated it it was ok
shallow. no dept to the story
Books for free 5 19 Feb 13, 2013 09:39AM
Wine & Book Club ...: October Book Discussion - Natural Born Liar 18 27 Oct 24, 2012 07:44AM
  • Lifestyles of the Rich and Shameless
  • Low Down and Dirty: A Novel
  • What's Really Hood!: A Collection of Tales from the Streets
  • Exposed
  • Bi-Curious Volume 2: Life After Sadie
  • The Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch (The Dopeman, #3)
  • Real Wifeys: Hustle Hard: An Urban Tale
  • Fly Betty
  • Another Man Will
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • Little Black Girl Lost 3
  • Scandalicious
  • Shyt List 4
Noire is an author from the streets of New York whose hip-hop erotic stories pulsate with urban flavor. She is the #1 Essence bestselling author of G-Spot, Candy Licker, Baby Brother, and Thug-A-Licious, and the editor-in-chief of NOIREMagazine.com. Visit her website at www.asknoire.com or e-mail her at noire@asknoire.com.

(Taken from SimonSays.com-author's publisher)
More about Noire...

The Misadventures of Mink LaRue (5 books)
  • Sexy Little Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #2)
  • Dirty Rotten Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #3)
  • Red Hot Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #4)
  • Stone Cold Liar (The Misadventures of Mink LaRue, #5)