Natural Born Liar

Natural Born Liar

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  49 reviews
What happens when beautiful, twenty-year-old petty thief and ex-stripper Mink LaRue finds out she's a dead ringer for the age-progressed photo of the missing oil heiress Sable Dominion?

Harlem-born Mink LaRue makes a beeline to Dallas, Texas, pretending to be the Dominion's long-lost daughter, Sable. She knows she's hit the jackpot when she and her super ghetto partner in c

Published May 1st 2012 by Dafina (first published April 24th 2012)

Me'Tova Hollingsworth
I loved this book. I've read all of Noire's work and this is no different than all the others when it comes to her her natural writing skills. The characters in this book was a trip. Norie packed every type of person in this book from kissing cousins to pain sluts. It was so funny. After reading this book, you will find that Mink and Bunni are not the only ones with a secret. Everyone has a motive of thier own. I can't believe that Mink and Bunni managed to pull this off at least for now. Don't...more
Sonia
I absolutely love this book it was a hot, ghetto mess.. LOVED IT CANT WAIT FOR PART 2 THIS MONTH.;-)
Lynette
I wasn't ready for it to end so soon!!
Christine
This book tells the story of Mink LaRue who is a thief and former stripper living in Harlem. One day Mink's best friend Bunni notices how much Mink looks like a missing oil heiress on the back of a milk carton. Mink and Bunni, who are low on funds, hatch a plan to go to Dallas Texas and pretend Mink is the long lost Sable Dominion.

Right from the start, these two ladies are always in some sort of trouble. They realize that if Mink can convince everyone that she is Sable that they will be set. Min...more
Doniqual Nelson
I'm currently reading this book and I actually love it! It's an interesting book about a woman who will do anything for money. Her and her friend comes up with a scheme to get ALOT of money and you will be surprised at what happens when you read it. This book will have you reading until you are on the last page. Once you read this book, you will not be able to wait to read the second book!
Alana H.
This book...no words. The part that was confusing was since there was a re-test and it was suppose to be negative by default why would it turn negative ? Wouldn't that mean sable is actually a twin ? There's a lot of lose evidence in this book and I'm definitely looking forward to the next !
Vette
Jun 02, 2012 Vette rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Vette by: NookReader book group on FB
Natural Born Liar was a very enjoyable book not your typical Noire style though. I already pre-order pt2. Its one of those books that you must continue on to see the outcome. Mink and Bunni sure know how to run a scam or do they??? We will soon see when Sexy Little Liar drops in Oct 2012.
K Nikki  Waden
This book was a disappointment,very little drama and the storyline did not give me any reason to read part 2
C.
I listened to the audio and this book had me hooked right away. Looking forward to book two in this series.
Suzzette
This was a good book. You have to read part 2.
Sandra Atueyi
I enjoyed reading Natural Born Liar. Noire did a good job. Natural Born Liar is a good book but each of characters are a hot mess.

Mink LaRue is stupid and ratchet. Mink is a good liar and unfaithful person. Dajuan has played her real good. She lost the money and everything. She needs to be careful how she treats people. Gutta will going to find out that Mink stole his money and lost his apartment. Mink is also a con artist who is thinking about her and the quick money. I think that she could ha...more
Latifa
In need of some money quick. Mink Larue and her beastie Bunni head to Texas pretending to be long lost daughter of the Dominions, a wealthy family whose daughter was kidnapped when she was younger. Realizing her task was not going to be as easy as rigging a DNA test, she must also convince her newfound siblings of her sincerity in being the missing girl.

I was immediately drawn into the book and story of Miss Mink Larue. This story brought on just enough comedy with a hint of drama to keep me tur...more
I really liked this book, I'm looking for the other one right now!! I enjoyed all the characters especially Peaches huni, I can just imagine his big ol self with some damn lingerie on!! Lol! Mink, on the other hand is a low down dirty broad that'll make somebody kill her ass with all the stuff she be into. Taking her man's money while he's locked up, & losing his spot?? She was doing the most for real.Once they arrived in Texas I started feeling a "B.A.P.'s" vibe. I can damn near see Bunni a...more
Writer's Block

Bayneeta
Tough to rate this since it's not my usual choice of reading material. Fast paced. I could have used a glossary. The sex was plentiful and energetic but not particularly sensual nor enticing for me. A peek into a different world. I can see the appeal of the characters and the settings even though it wasn't to my taste. Discussion questions are included in the book.
 Ms.Kym
Started reading this book before my Vacation (2 weeks ago), and finally, finished it before my vacation was over.. I enjoyed the book to a certain extent... Mink and Bunni were different type of "gold diggers." They came up with a plan, followed it, and made it out of Harlem for awhile..

The cliffhanger makes the reader want to find out what happens once Mink and Bunni leave Texas, leaving the one Dominion family member with a broken heart and the others seeking the truth.. So, I plan on purchas...more
Valerie
This urban erotic book was another one of Noire's 5 STAR BANGERS. I was engaged with the unique story line. Of course the story had the usual urban flavor of Bootylicious characters with expensive taste, but the story then took a different route to get the readers to stay interested.

Mink, the main character was a Natural Born Liar that used her mouth to get her in and out of trouble. Her latest "lick" has landed her on the other side of the set up.

The erotic scenes and encounters keep your pulse...more
Dominique
I read this book in one day!! I still got it!
Alisha Benjamin
Ok Read!

I enjoyed this book. This was very entertaining novel I can't wait to read the next installment. Great cliffhanger tho
Lashonda
This book was great from beginning to end. I can't wait for the sequel to come out to see how Mink LaRue will react to the news that was revealed at the end of this novel. Even though I'm perceived to be waiting patiently, deep down the suspense is killing me!!!
Destiny Esper
I received this book through a Goodreads giveaway.

When I saw the cover, I thought this was going to be another sleazy read, but I was pleasantly surprised. The story has so many twists and turns, and they're not all that predictable.

I loved this!
Radiyatu Bafalie
when i first saw the title of the book, i knew that it was going to beall about lies. mink is a born liar indeed. she teicked dominions family to believe that she was thier long lost daughter.they spoiled her with everuthing and her share of the company.
Book Chic
Noire definitely created a storyline. I did stay until the end however I skipped through some of the sex because her slang detail was a bit gross "guts", "uterus" etc.. This was like a slang fest. I thought of BAPS when I thought about these characters.
Brittney Green
Mink is as shiesty as they come LOL!!! & Bunni might be worse than her. I can't wait to start part 2!!! because that ending had my mouth open...This is why Noire is my favorite author & why she ain't fell off yet! Respect!!
Mschell
I recently read this one, this is one of my favorite authors, she writes some gritty in your face kinda books. This particular book was a little different and was not what I was expecting. Overall I enjoyed the story.
Cherlina Works
Noire Black is on fire with this twisted tale. This Essencse bestselling author really knows how to mix deception and scandal to create a blockbuster. Looking forward to seeing how this triligy ends.
Shaade
This was an ok book some parts were better than others but overall i did enjoy reading it. I did enjoy the suspense and wondering if Mink was really a Dominion or not. Cant wait to read the next book.
Renelle
I loved this book I could not put it down as soon as I got to the end I almost died because I knew that I did not have the sequel to pick up and start reading. Can not wait for the next story.
Books for free 5 16 Feb 13, 2013 09:39AM
Wine & Book C...: October Book Discussion - Natural Born Liar 18 27 Oct 24, 2012 07:44AM
  • Dopeman: Memoirs of a Snitch
  • Exposed
  • Payback Ain't Enough (Payback #3)
  • Material Girl
  • Mistress No More
  • Checkmate - The Baddest Chick
  • Guilty Gucci
  • Aftermath
  • Boss Bitch (Bitch, #7)
  • Big Juicy Lips
  • Flint: Resurrection (Flint Series, #4)
  • Heist
  • If I Can't Have You
  • Heartbreak of a Hustler's Wife
  • Shyt List 3: And a Child Shall Lead Them
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • Allure of the Game: A Novel
Noire is an author from the streets of New York whose hip-hop erotic stories pulsate with urban flavor. She is the #1 Essence bestselling author of G-Spot, Candy Licker, Baby Brother, and Thug-A-Licious, and the editor-in-chief of NOIREMagazine.com. Visit her website at www.asknoire.com or e-mail her at noire@asknoire.com.

(Taken from SimonSays.com-author's publisher)
More about Noire...
G-Spot: An Urban Erotic Tale Candy Licker: An Urban Erotic Tale Thug-A-Licious Hood: An Urban Erotic Tale Thong on Fire: An Urban Erotic Tale