Start by marking “Party Girl: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Party Girl: A Novel

Party Girl: A Novel

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
An unforgettable novel with ripped-from-the-headlines appeal: is being at the wrong place at the wrong time reason enough to ruin your life?

Twenty-nine-year-old Hope Reed didn’t pull the trigger….But a simple choice landed her behind bars, and now she is literally fighting for her life. After her car broke down, Hope accepted a ride from two neighborhood thugs. Later they
Published February 21st 2012 by Strebor Books

To ask other readers questions about Party Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Party Girl

Monique
Apr 05, 2012 Monique rated it liked it
Party Girl by Pat Tucker - 3 stars
Hope Donovan made a mistake that may cost her life. She took a ride from a friend and ended up on death row. You see The Texas Law of Parties rule can kill you - really. As Hope loses faith in the system, she stops her appeals and prepares for death. But that isn't the whole story. Her friends, Betty Jean, Stacy, Tamera, and Jackie, stop visiting and writing because they want her husband. Her husband, Brendon, attempts to stay faithful to his marriage but after
OOSA
Jul 01, 2012 OOSA rated it liked it
Guilt by Association

Wrong place. Wrong time. Those words could ring no truer than for Hope Donovan, a married mother of three. Car trouble and accepting a ride from old friends landed her on death row. Death. Row. Six years in Hope is still fighting for her life and her freedom, but now she must add to that her marriage and her sanity.

I closed “Party Girl” feeling torn. I’m having the coulda, woulda, shoulda blues. This coulda, woulda, shoulda been a really good book. That’s the way it started.
Adrienna
Pat Tucker pens Party Girl, not only does the title set you up for the read but the cover as well. While reading on the job, some stared or wondered what the book was all about. Tucker had a great concept on “Texas Law of Parties” whereas Hope Jenay Donovan was sentenced to death for a murder she didn’t commit. Conversely, Adena wanted to see her “True Justice” for the brutal murder of her beloved husband and setup a committee of parents/mothers for the 5 years Hope was incarcerated. She became ...more
Darren Ashley
Aug 24, 2013 Darren Ashley rated it liked it
Jacque
Jan 10, 2016 Jacque rated it liked it
A good solid 3 1/2 stars.
Here's what I liked best about it:
--The early portion of the book read as if it were about real people and based on actual events. The crime and the unfolding story of the problems in the legal and penal systems seemed believable.
--The topic was very interesting: Due to the Law of Parties in effect in Texas and other states, one person can be convicted of a murder they did not directly commit by being associated with the murderer(s). When Hope Donovan, mother of 3, acce
Kelli
Jul 07, 2014 Kelli rated it did not like it
Potentially the worst book I've ever read. Every single character sounds exactly the same. Given they come from different economic and ethnic backgrounds, this should not be the case. What could've been a very interesting story about a controversial law instead turned out to be a story where I wished the end would come from the very beginning.
Shannan Harper
Dec 08, 2014 Shannan Harper rated it it was amazing
I have several books by Pat Tucker, and this was a very well written story. The title Party Girl is not what you would think at the first glance of the Title. It's actually in reference to the Law of Parties in Texas, which is a variation on the common law felony murder rule. The basic moral of this story is be mindful who you accept a ride from, even if you knew them from the past, or you might find yourself in hot water like the main character Hope.
Kim Kaye
May 03, 2012 Kim Kaye rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best stories I have read in awhile. It had a captivating story that grabs you from the beginning. It makes you ask yourself questions like is wrong to associate yourself with people from your past if they still live a questionable life? Is it wrong to change friends and associates because you no longer run in the sale circles. I felt bad for Hope because even though she was a bit wild as a teenager she had changed her life around and became a mother and wife. But being in the ...more
Shae Shae
Jan 04, 2016 Shae Shae rated it liked it
Interesting twist on the death penalty and how Texas can charge you if you are a party to the crime. Loved the storyline between two families caught up in how the system works or not, depending on your stance.
Shelby Osborne
Aug 28, 2014 Shelby Osborne rated it liked it
It was great in the beginning. I loved where it was going in the middle but I hated the end.
Danita Brown
Jul 04, 2014 Danita Brown rated it liked it
It was a good read.
HelenRLittle
Mar 10, 2012 HelenRLittle rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was a good story with solid characters. I liked how the chapters were broken down by person giving each one a voice. If you want a quick read with a compelling story I recommend this one.
Sheryl Boyce
Jul 02, 2012 Sheryl Boyce rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It held my attention from the beginning to the end. In fact I actually flipped to the end to see what was going to happen by the middle of the book!
Cherlina Works
Oct 08, 2012 Cherlina Works rated it it was amazing
An excellent book to curl up with. Pat Turner has come up with an explosive page turner. Turner has superb writing skills. This could be a Lifetime movie.
Jm Brown
Mar 14, 2012 Jm Brown rated it it was amazing
This book truly shows that being at wrong place at the wrong time does not payoff. It truly makes you think about the value of ones life.
Karen
May 06, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Good book with a good topic. Tucker lost me a couple of times by switching form subject to subject but it was still a good read.
Lauren
Jun 07, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it

Was it me or did one of Brandon's friends names keep changing from Jemar to Kemar?
Tracey Sims
Apr 14, 2012 Tracey Sims rated it it was amazing
I really liked Party Girl.nce I started reading I couldnt put it down.
Angel
Dec 24, 2012 Angel rated it liked it
This book pissed me off through out the whole story. Everybody was shady
Dream 4 More Reviews
May 26, 2012 Dream 4 More Reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: novel
Full review on my other page: Adrienna Turner on Goodreads.
Kim
Sep 15, 2012 Kim rated it did not like it
Read a few chapters, but just couldn't stick with it.
Goodread
Feb 24, 2012 Goodread rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS A AMAZING AND EXCELLENT STORY, 10 STAR READ
Deandrea Pugh
Deandrea Pugh marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Shavonna Futrell
Shavonna Futrell marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Diamond Jones
Diamond Jones marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Adrian Douglas
Adrian Douglas marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016