Start by marking “The Clone Alliance (Rogue Clone, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Clone Alliance (Rogue Clone, #3)

The Clone Alliance (Rogue Clone #3)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  659 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Third in the national bestselling series-military science fiction on the edge.

Rogue clone Wayson Harris is stranded on a frontier planet-until a rebel offensive puts him back in the uniform of a U.A. Marine, once again leading a strike against the enemy. But the rebels have a powerful ally no one could have imagined.
Published October 30th 2007 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about The Clone Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Clone Alliance

Storm Front by Jim ButcherHounded by Kevin HearneChanges by Jim ButcherSummer Knight by Jim ButcherDead Beat by Jim Butcher
Urban Fantasy With Male Lead Characters
489th out of 552 books — 903 voters
Ender's Game by Orson Scott CardStarship Troopers by Robert A. HeinleinOld Man's War by John ScalziThe Forever War by Joe HaldemanOn Basilisk Station by David Weber
Military Science Fiction
474th out of 546 books — 767 voters

More lists with this book...

Parsia
This is great Military Science Fiction. I can't wait to start the 4th book .. :)
loads of infantry action and some ship to ship.
Jim
Another excellent book purchased and read via my IPad.

Harris gets rescueded from Ray Freeman's family planet so he can be us envoy for the Nippon self-broadcasting fleet who want to make piece with the UA. If this doesn't make much sense, read the books!

Harris is off and running again thru space this time trying to find out where the Mogats home world is located. Of course he does this and gets back to earth in time to help lead an invasion of the Mogat home world. Harris is about to find out
Chris
As the third book in the Clone series, I really enjoyed this book. For me it was great to see Wayson Harris start to understand his nature and genetic programming, even though he cannot do much about it. It was also very interesting to see him reflected against the other outcasts, such as Ray Freeman for one, in his world and how they are attracted to each other, each with their own goals, but managing to work together and help each other survive.
Nathan
Feb 26, 2008 Nathan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: For Milfic readers
Shelves: reviewed-2008, sci-fi
This is the third book in the "Clone" series by Kent. It's at the low end of the 4 rating... I enjoyed it, but it's at the cusp of what I'd recommend to others.

Like other books in the series it's reasonably well written but suffers from problems with pacing. The military action is adequate, but certainly not spectacular and doesn't really take into account all of the universe's possibilities.

Good fun, but only for those who really like Milfic.
Robertw7373
Enjoyed the book and series which has been action packed and well written. Would give five stars but for the fact that three books later the author assumes the readers are idiots and need information from two previous books spoon fed to us In his latest book. Sometimes twice in different area. While a quick here's what happened is fine. The fact that he repeated info more then once seemed to only slow the book down in places.
Adam
Jun 04, 2008 Adam rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sci Fi Readers
I said it was amazing. And so it was. I have not read the books previous to it in the series. That is because they are out of print, but I'm sure I'll get around to reading them soon enough.
This is a hard to the core, action packed sci-fi novel. Wonderful. The style of writing is also great. It fits. He makes you feel along with the character. It is invigorating.
Erica
Jun 10, 2010 Erica rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sff
Mindlessly entertaining military scifi, not boundary breaking or questioning. Naming a battleship "Obama" and a tank "Rumsfeld" seemed a little excessive, as several hundred years in the future are people going to care? Also, the Seattle Mariners as one of the best sports teams ever? For sure, not this season.
Saphirablue
Hm, it's an okay book. The story was okay but Harris gets more and more Marty Stu'ish and the constant repeating of things and explanations really get on my nerves. If I haven't already bought the sequels I would not buy them anymore....
Kernos
Reviewed on the The Clone Identity page.
Tobias Wolter
A really, really, really awful book. Takes itself seriously while showing all the diverse and complex mental facuities of ten pounds of lard.
Marita
Steve brought over a signed copy of a bublished book for me to read this time! :)I feel pretty special!
Daniel Newcomb
Another story skillfully told.
Jon
Solid Military Sci-Fi, Some interesting Ideas regarding the nature of discrimination, clones are often considered less than human by their natural born commanders, as well as excellent combat scenes.
Warmaster
Warmaster is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
Joshua Chausse
Joshua Chausse marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Kyle
Kyle added it
Jan 29, 2015
  • Orphan's Destiny (Jason Wander, #2)
  • The Battle of the Hammer Worlds (Helfort's War, #2)
  • Death's Head   Maximum Offense (Death's Head #2)
  • School of Fire (Starfist, #2)
  • Daring (Kris Longknife, #9)
  • Valkyrie Burning (Hayden War Cycle,#3)
  • The Tactics of Revenge (The Human Chronicles, #4)
  • Center of Gravity (Star Carrier, #2)
  • The Truth of Valor (Confederation, #5)
Steven L. Kent is the author of four Military Science Fiction novels and The Ultimate History of Video Games.

Born in California and raised in Hawaii, Kent served as a missionary for the LDS Church between the years of 1979 and 1981. During that time, he worked as a Spanish-speaking missionary serving migrant farm workers in southern Idaho.

While Kent has a Bachelor’s degree in journalism and a Mast
More about Steven L. Kent...

Rogue Clone (10 books)
  • The Clone Republic (Rogue Clone, #1)
  • Rogue Clone (Rogue Clone, #2)
  • The Clone Elite (Rogue Clone, #4)
  • The Clone Betrayal (Rogue Clone, #5)
  • The Clone Empire (Rogue Clone, #6)
  • The Clone Redemption (Rogue Clone, #7)
  • The Clone Sedition (Rogue Clone, #8)
  • The Clone Assassin (Rogue Clone, #9)
  • The Clone Apocalypse (Rogue Clone, #10)
The Clone Republic (Rogue Clone, #1) The Ultimate History of Video Games: From Pong to Pokemon - The Story Behind the Craze That Touched Our Lives and Changed the World Rogue Clone (Rogue Clone, #2) The Clone Elite (Rogue Clone, #4) The Clone Betrayal (Rogue Clone, #5)

“The old sailors who traveled Earth's seas were said to have loved the ocean. The great captains said they were married to the sea or called the sea their mistress. Modern sailors held no such fantasies about outer space. Space did not love or hate, it simply killed anything it touched.” 4 likes