Start by marking “Baby Loves Summer!: A Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Book” as Want to Read:
Baby Loves Summer!: A Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Book

Baby Loves Summer!: A Karen Katz Lift-the-Flap Book

Soak up summer with this sunny lift-the-flap board book from Karen Katz!

Little ones will love lifting the flaps in this new Karen Katz book to reveal a big yellow sun, flip-flops, an ice cream cone, and everything else that Baby loves about summer! The sturdy format and easy-to-lift flaps make this a perfect summertime treat for parents and children to share.
Featuring new
Board Book, 14 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by Little Simon

To ask other readers questions about Baby Loves Summer!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baby Loves Summer!

Paula
Sep 06, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
Read this for toddler storytimes today and the kids liked it. They were very interested in looking under the flaps. It's great for younger kids as it helps them stay focused and engaged in the story and what's happening and makes them active participants. Most items are, or should be recognizable to the kids. A good way to cultivate their imagination, get them to think, and create their own stories.
Hana
Dec 27, 2012 Hana rated it it was amazing
I usually didn't buy book with season themes because we live in all year summer. But I get this one since the activity can be relate to our daily life and my baby has been to the beach ;D I pretty like the bright pictures and my baby laugh when I reveal what's under the flap.. She enjoys it. It shows simple objects and things that we normally see in summer season in a fun pictures.. ;)
Samantha
Jul 08, 2014 Samantha rated it really liked it
A lift-the-flap story that includes summer objects for Baby to find and explore.

I really liked the closing spread and the surprise ending with Mama and the sprinkler. Overall, a great seasonal read aloud with babies and toddlers.
Kandice
Jul 08, 2013 Kandice rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mackers, easy-reading
Pretty illustrations of a little girl gathering various objects to go outside and play. Once outside she encounters some interesting summer surprises. This book focuses on basic prepositions and objects/activities.
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Baby shares different things that are usually found during the summertime. It's a lift-the-flap, question book. A quick read to share with little ones.

Reviewed from a library copy.
Chase
Chase rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Julian Perrine
Julian Perrine rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Zuri
Zuri rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2015
Aisha
Aisha rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Grillables
Grillables rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Beloved Girl
Jan 31, 2016 Beloved Girl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: j1-j3
Fun. Good for the introduction of the season summer.
Godsent Dee
Godsent Dee rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Kathy Ferguson
Kathy Ferguson rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Todd Vriesema
Todd Vriesema rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Alcey
Alcey rated it it was ok
Nov 24, 2015
Connie
May 24, 2012 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: jv
Boardbook-cute flaps
Vance
Vance rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Jessi
Jessi rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Smith Family
Smith Family rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015
Alin
Alin rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Stefanie Arthur
Stefanie Arthur rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Veronica
Veronica rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2012
John
John rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2012
S
S rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Karen Katz has written and illustrated many books for children, including The Colors of Us, Can You Say Peace, My First Ramadan, Counting Kisses and Where is Baby's Belly Button. Long inspired by folk art from around the world, she was inspired to write her first book, Over the Moon, when she and her husband adopted their daughter from Guatemala, and she wanted to tell the story of welcoming Lena ...more
More about Karen Katz...