Start by marking “Dying for Love: The True Story of a Millionaire Dentist, his Unfaithful Wife, and the Affair that Ended in Murder” as Want to Read:

Dr. John Yelenic was a successful dentist in a small Pennsylvania town. When he met Michele Kamler, he thought he'd finally found the woman of his dreams. She was beautiful, intelligent, and seemed to want all the same things out of life as he did.
Michele married Yelenic in 1997. But by 2002, the relationship fell apart…and what followed was a bitter, three-year-long batt
Published November 29th 2011 by St. Martin's True Crime

To ask other readers questions about Dying for Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying for Love

Tony
This was a fascinating case at many different levels. Imagine: a State Police Trooper who violently kills a much-loved dentist. Carlton Smith gets enough of the understory to give meaning to the unthinkable and shows the understandable paranoia of friends and family, watching as fellow troopers looked the other way. That some troopers DID do their jobs - in particular, Gardner, Gonglick and others, some unnamed - gets a little lost.

I'm a little too close to the story to give a rating.
Brandy
Aug 08, 2012 Brandy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have no doubt in my mind that this author has ADHD and/or is 5years old. Thats how this book is written. I couldn't make any sense of this book which is very disappointing because I think it COULD BE a great story had it been written better! Jumbled, confusing, did not interest me AT ALL. So disappointing!
Cheryl Lowman
Mar 15, 2013 Cheryl Lowman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a difficult story for me to read. John Yelenic was a playmate of mine whenever I visited my Grandmother who lived next door. It is such a sad, tragic story. John really was a good person and certainly did not deserve what happened to him. As far as the book is concerned, I thought it was an interested read. It starts off with the murder of a beloved dentist in a small town. The author travels back in time to familiarize the reader with John's history from his childhood to his tragic mar ...more
Suzie Flohr
I could not get into this book at all. The subject of the book was good but all just didnt grab me.
John Taylor
This is a well-written book about the story of a man and his murder. The victim was not a perfect person and the people ultimately responsible for his murder were not all bad. It was a complicated story, consistent with how life truly is. Though I thought the evidence against the man ultimately convicted was solid, it was not as unimpeachable as the author contends. However, as any good author does, it provided his version, but left plenty of room to take what he wrote and come to your own concl ...more
Marianne
I did not finish this book because it did not hold my interest. In my opinion, poorly written and poorly organized. It kept jumping around making the parts seem unconnected.

good subject matter. could be a very interesting story, written by someone else.
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
May 10, 2012
Diane Oliver
Diane Oliver rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2015
Jennifer Kennedy
Jennifer Kennedy rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Carole Bush
Carole Bush rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Hope
Hope rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2015
Jazzlily
Jazzlily rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Margie
Margie rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Mitzi
Mitzi rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2012
David Howard
David Howard rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Jean
Jean rated it it was ok
Aug 19, 2014
Marcia
Marcia rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Amanda Bailey
Amanda Bailey rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Pat Collins
Pat Collins rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Krista
Krista rated it liked it
May 03, 2012
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Sandi west
Sandi west rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2014
Lisa Hodges
Lisa Hodges rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2016
Peg
Peg rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Jennifer Marlatt
Jennifer Marlatt rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2015
Valerie
Valerie rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Wendy D
Wendy D rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2012
Theresa
Theresa rated it liked it
May 20, 2012