Start by marking “Borrowing a Bachelor” as Want to Read:
Borrowing a Bachelor

Borrowing a Bachelor (All The Groom's Men #1)

Nikki Fine's debut as an exotic dancer is also her closing act. Because the moment she pops out of the "cake" at a bachelor party, Nikki manages to clock Adam Burke. Fortunately, he overlooks their collision, which leads to a very private--and satisfying--encounter.
But it seems this fling isn't meant to be. It turns out Adam is a conflict of interest at Nikki's new day jo
Published January 1st 2012 by Harlequin Blaze (first published December 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Borrowing a Bachelor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Borrowing a Bachelor

Kate
Jan 15, 2012 Kate rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book started out with a cute premise, but I was a bit let down after the first couple of chapters. Maybe it's because Blaze protagonists are usually older (at least they usually seem to be in their 30s, or at least late 20s), but the hero and heroine seemed very juvenile and immature -- and that's just not what I expect from a Blaze. I found it hard to identify with either character or their situations and ended up hurrying through the book so I just finish it (instead of marking it DNF).
Katie B
Feb 01, 2012 Katie B rated it did not like it
This book was awful. I read a lot of the Blaze books, and this book did not have the same "feel" as others in the series. The characters were very one dimensional, and the plot was weaker. I know these books are relatively short, but I have read better.
Ltlmer2
May 21, 2013 Ltlmer2 rated it liked it
This was my first book by Karen Kendall. I enjoyed her writing style---funny and down-to-earth, with a good combination of quirkiness, chemistry and troubles. While the premise behind Nikki & Adam's meeting(s) is a bit outrageous, I found the rest of their growing relationship to be very believable. It really felt like two people who were in the getting to know you period and making mistakes and figuring things out as they fell in love---and I really liked the nontypical ending. I would actu ...more
Jen
Jan 25, 2012 Jen rated it it was ok
This was a quick read for me for some reason. The characters actually are pretty inspid now that I think in retrospect. The premise is far-fetched and funny—Nikki bursting out of a cake as a pseudo-stripper and nearly knocking Adam's nose off. I was into that farce for a while. Despite the heroine's accusations re: hero's "blowing hot and cold", I feel she too was doing the same. So we have this back and forth motion of reconciliation and misunderstanding which is fine initially but it got tires ...more
Suze
Aug 09, 2012 Suze rated it liked it
Whilst I did quite like reading this, it wasn't a big hit for me - didn't really gel with the girl as I never really get the 'do something totally out of character/stupid/dangerous' to pay off bills plot line (I'm probably too practical) so that set me off not liking Nikki. Also, for various reasons, my reading was interrupted by RL a few times on this one, so maybe with a more continuous read, I would have enjoyed more.
The book was well written and the sex scenes were hot. I have the other two
Deava101
May 31, 2012 Deava101 rated it it was amazing
This book reminded me why I love Harlequin Blaze books so much. It left me laughing out loud for the most part of it and although the hero and heroine were a sizzling couple, they both had problems that we can relate to. whether it be student loans, insurance or any other debt. This was my first book from Karen Kendall and it is not my last!
Marisa Cleveland
Mar 10, 2012 Marisa Cleveland rated it it was amazing
Karen Kendall always impresses me with her voice and humor. I love how Nikki and Adam meet, and the characterization of the two is flawless. They are fun and different from other Blaze books I've read, and the series idea is interesting. Can't wait to read about the other groomsmen!
Mem
Nov 03, 2013 Mem rated it really liked it
HB 661 Jan12... Niki takes a temporary job to pay some of her bills while she is waiting for her new job to begin. The temp job brings major complications to her new job.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: All the Groom's Men
Traci Hall
Traci Hall rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Iwantmoney
Iwantmoney rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2013
BookLover
BookLover rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013
Jessica Ingro
Jessica Ingro rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2012
Tawnee
Tawnee rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2013
copperhead88
copperhead88 rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2011
Stacey Wanninger
Stacey Wanninger rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2014
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2012
Yan Puerta
Yan Puerta rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2014
Lori Jacobi
Lori Jacobi rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2014
Lauren Hawkeye
Lauren Hawkeye rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Tia
Tia rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2011
Lucy
Lucy rated it did not like it
May 22, 2016
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2011
Danna Ford
Danna Ford rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2017
Fahmo
Fahmo rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2012
Aletha
Aletha rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Dar
Dar rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2012
Starla
Starla rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Karen Kendall is the author of many disasters and nine romantic comedies. She grew up in Austin, Texas, and credits her early interest in writing to several teachers and her mother, a professor of comparative literature.

A graduate of Smith College, Karen studied the mysteries of modern and contemporary art before enrolling in a masters program in Museum Education, with the aim of teaching children
More about Karen Kendall...

All The Groom's Men (3 books)
  • Blame It on the Bachelor (All The Groom's Men #2)
  • Bringing Home a Bachelor