Start by marking “Jamie Viaja” as Want to Read:
Jamie Viaja

Jamie Viaja

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  460 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Este meu novo livro é todo dedicado a receitas alegres e criativas. É um livro de cozinha aventureiro, que inclui os grandes pratos dos incríveis países que visitei recentemente e coisas inteiramente novas, que criei com a inspiração das influências que me cercavam. Tomei alguns dos mais famosos e estimulantes pratos desses belos lugares e os mudei um pouco, para que você ...more
Hardcover
Published 2011 by Editora Globo (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Jamie Viaja, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jamie Viaja

Amy Pullen
Feb 16, 2014 Amy Pullen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
Decent cookbook. I don't see myself making many of the recipes (sourcing the ingredients would be a decent amount of work where I live) but I tried the Swedish meatballs tonight and they were pretty good. The glamour shots of Jamie all over the place probably weren't necessary. I wasn't a big fan of him saying 'traditionally this country would make this dish like this, but I made it this way instead'...over and over. Small tweaks are understandable, but wasn't the whole point not to anglicize th ...more
Ina
Nov 21, 2010 Ina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
Actually I wanted to write that with this book I get the feeling to be fed up with my favourite chef. But as I was briefly skipping through the pages again, the enthusiasm grabbed me again. Especially the French and Morrocan section made my senses tingle - could almoust smell all the spices and feel the heat... The Swedish section was disappointing though, I think there are a lot better recipes typical for Sweden which do not contain fish. Therefore I recommend this one: Kitchen of Light: The Ne ...more
Milena
Feb 21, 2016 Milena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Jamie Oliver can do no wrong in my book! I was salivating while just reading the recipes and looking at the pictures. I am looking forward to trying number of recipes, especially Paella, Creamy Mushrooms, Venetian Beef Steak, not to mention Spanish Vine Gelatto!
Millicent
Feb 18, 2014 Millicent rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cook-books
Awesome pictures but other than his section on food and recipes from Sweden, there wasn't much that was novel for me in the book. I tried a French salad, which was meh. I have practically read all of Jamie Olivers books and have been following him sporadically ever since he debuted as the naked chef, and so far I can say that the only recipes that are guaranteed to be great from Jamie Oliver are his christmas dishes. He is a lovely down to earth soul, but his dishes are really hit or meh.
Rebecca
Some really inspiring recipes in here, one of which is finally a pumpkin tart that doesn't call for canned pumpkin- do you have any idea how difficult that is to find in the UK?! However these aren't really things that you can quickly rustle up for one, and the amount of meat in some is horrific, although he does tell you not to eat it all but to use it later for sandwiches etc.

Anyone who likes this book should read 'Falling Cloudberries' by Tessa Kiros, it has recipes again grouped by country,
Francesca
Dec 19, 2015 Francesca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Beautiful pictures, but very few functional recipes.
Roxy
Jun 09, 2014 Roxy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Habe ich mir aus der Bibliothek geliehen, eine mir als schmackhaft vorgestellte Rezeptauswahl habe ich mir zum Nachkochen abgeschrieben, jedoch sind das ein Bruchteil aller Rezepte. Ich habe bessere Bücher von ihm. Aber das ist eine subjektive Geschmackseinschätzung, da Rezepte mit Schweinefleisch ja automatisch rausfallen, ist die restliche Auswahl eben kleiner.
Cinta
Nov 05, 2013 Cinta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a lovely cookery book for all those people who love food and cooking. Especially if you love cooking international dishes. The good thing about this book is that you don't only find the recipes, but the nice stories experienced by Jamie Oliver all over the world and surrounding those recipes. Highly recommendable for those food lovers like myself!!
Foxthyme
Jan 02, 2012 Foxthyme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
How is it possible that Jamie Oliver's books just get better and better? I can't open one without the salivary glands kicking into gear. The recipes made always turn out fabulous. This one shows glimpses into food cultures all round the world.
James
Jul 29, 2010 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lots of tempting dishes from all around the world - what's not to like?!
Ps, My Creamy Mushroom's from the Sweden section have recieved rave reviews!
Anwen Garston
Aug 07, 2015 Anwen Garston rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Includes some great recipes from all over Europe.
Christine Jolley
May 11, 2010 Christine Jolley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As usual fantastic stuff from Mr Oliver.
Manal Jellal
Manal Jellal rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Alicia
Alicia is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Trisha
Trisha rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Rachael Bourke
Rachael Bourke rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Susan Carroll
Susan Carroll rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Amalia Dafni
Amalia Dafni rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2016
Stian Vegelbo
Stian Vegelbo marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Cristina
Cristina rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Lat
Lat rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Nat
Nat added it
Jul 03, 2016
Ssai
Ssai rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Hans
Hans rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Mrs Karen Wilson
Mrs Karen Wilson rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Mrs Sue Smith
Mrs Sue Smith rated it did not like it
Jun 16, 2016
Joanna Fiedorczuk
Joanna Fiedorczuk rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
  • Seasons
  • The Food of Spain
  • Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey: 150 New Recipes Evoking the Flavours of the Far East
  • Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Companion
  • Larousse Gastronomique
  • Simple Chinese Cooking
  • The Family Meal: Home Cooking with Ferran Adrià
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible

James Trevor "Jamie" Oliver, sometimes known as The Naked Chef, is an English chef and media personality well known for his growing list of food-focused television shows, his more recent roles in campaigning against the use of processed foods in national schools, and his ca
More about Jamie Oliver...