Start by marking “Honor's Shadow” as Want to Read:
Honor's Shadow

Honor's Shadow

Honor's Shadow is a story of betrayal and revenge. Dr Honor Sinclair, a psychiatrist and therapist, is forced to confront a long buried betrayal, when several small events converge to awaken disturbing memories. An anniversary of loss, a newspaper article about someone from her past, a new therapy client distraught by her husband's infidelity. How can Honor control her own ...more
Published August 4th 2011 by Karnac Books (first published August 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Honor's Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor's Shadow

Clare Bones
Apr 24, 2012 Clare Bones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. It was so fascinating reading a book by a psychiatrist about a fictional psychiatrist. I got totally absorbed in this story and it's characters. I read it on holiday and could not put it down and it stayed in my head long after I finished it. I didn't want it to end. Each patient character was so interesting.

I read this book as was interviewing Voula Grand on MARLOW FM and I was so impressed by the book, which is written by such a lovely lady.
Wes
Feb 27, 2016 Wes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was this as part of a Goodreads giveaway for an open and honest review, and can I apologise to the author for the delay in reading and reviewing it.

I have been thinking hard and long how I would categories this book. This book is a really interesting character study between Honor and Madalena and how there present lives are tied up to a shared man in their past, when Madalena and her current partner receive letters about who the father of her child really is. The book takes on an edge of myste
Kirsteen
I was fortunate enough to win a copy of Honor's Shadow through a giveaway earlier this month. So thank you very much, Voula Grand.

Dr. Honor Sinclair is a psychotherapist with a considerable amount of unresolved baggage in her own life. On a single day numerous old and painful emotions are dragged up to the surface as she encounters a new patient, Tisi, whose lust for revenge on those who have wronged her reawakens something in Honor. She is convinced that she has knowledge that could bring down
Lucy Lavelle
May 26, 2012 Lucy Lavelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book from the Goodreads First Reads Program.

I am glad I received this book as it was excellent.
I was gripped right from the start and really wanted to know how the story would play out for many of the characters.

The characters were believable and the story line was compelling and interesting.
Infidelity and its long lasting effects are a difficult subject to write about but Voula Grand managed to give a very balanced account of both sides of the story.

Often I find the
Julie
Nov 04, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Goodreads First reads - and Voula! I can only apologise for taking so long to read this, having won it over a year ago! Lots going on, fast-paced and exciting - I really enjoyed this novel and all of the characters in it. My only criticism is about the production of the book itself - the binding was very 'deeply glued' which meant I had to really force the book open in order to read the text (which was printed very close to the centre).
Apr 11, 2013 Sarah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
1st May 2013
Received a free copy today as part of a first reads giveaway I am still reading another giveaway book at the moment but will read and review as soon as possible.
Sandra Mayr
May 17, 2012 Sandra Mayr is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
was lucky enough to win a copy! thanks so much!
will start reading it this weekend. can't wait
Clare
May 21, 2012 Clare rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Kindly received from author - will update when read.
Paul Greenfield
Mar 02, 2012 Paul Greenfield rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The end of a relationship through infidelity (or the suspicion of infidelity) can bring out the worst traits of the human character.
In Honor's Shadow Voula Grand has expertly woven the thread of Honor being jilted by Thomas, twenty-five years earlier, in favour of Madalena. Now she suspects that Thomas is really the father of Madalena's daughter, Bella, given to successful businessman Jack, when she sees a picture Of Bella in a tabloid kiss-and-tell article an notes the resemblance to Thomas.

Hon
Kate Evans
May 31, 2015 Kate Evans rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately, I could not bring myself to finish this book and apologies to the author if I've missed something marvellous after Chapter 8. I really wanted to enjoy this book; a book exploring therapy and psychology from a fellow therapist. However, for me, the prose was pedestrian, the characters flat and the dialogue wooden. Having looked on Amazon, though, I see others eulogising about it, so what do I know.
Annabel
I very much enjoyed reading this novel and am grateful to have received it through Goodreads Firstreads. 'Honor's Shadow' captured my emotions and satisfied me as a reader completely from beginning to end.

The novel's plot and characters were highly credible, realistic and emotionally engaging, and Voula Grand weaves all the characters' lives together excellently; the writing style was excellent.

The contemporary themes of love, hate, suspicion and revenge are very realistic and speak to any reade
ufo28
May 22, 2013 ufo28 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book fom Goodreads.It's definately interesting book for womens.It was good to read something written by profesional psychiatrist and therapist-Honor is a therapist offering help to people in a hard times of their lives,but she can't deal with her own demons.It's a good story about ordinary people and their lives,but it doesn't make this book less interesting.I'm not a big fan of books for womens,but this one different showing how complicated we are and our feelings that ...more
Maureen
May 08, 2013 Maureen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
The storyline about betrayal and revenge could so easily have made for a depressing read, but Voula made it so interesting. The characters were believable and we got to see both sides of the coin as it were. It was hard to put down at times, as I really wanted to see what happened next, and I wasn't disappointed at how it played out. I received this copy through Goodreads first reads , and would just like to say thanks for such an interesting read.
Claire Spurling
This book was won as part or a Goodreads first reads giveaway.

I found this story very difficult to get into and spent a lot of time wishing I had never started it. However, once Madalena started to investigate the mystery of the letters the story began to come alive for me, and in the end it was an enjoyable read.
Angela
May 07, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read, could not put it down
Hannora
Aug 22, 2012 Hannora rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Who sent the letters?
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
David Jardine
David Jardine marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Ligia Belarmino
Ligia Belarmino marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Bruno
Bruno marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Sarah Davies
Sarah Davies rated it liked it
May 16, 2016
Jaycie
Jaycie marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Emily Hope
Emily Hope marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Bob Koch
Bob Koch marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Sue Wade
Sue Wade rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Marina
Marina rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Marcia Weekes
Marcia Weekes marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Voula Grand is a successful business psychologist and executive coach. Honor's Shadow, her debut novel, is a psychological drama about secrets, betrayal, and revenge; it is the first of a trilogy. Voula completed an MA in creative writing in 2006, and hopes to dedicate more of her time to fiction writing in future. She lives in Hertford with her husband Paul, and is mother and stepmother to five a
More about Voula Grand...